corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » had laser eye surgery yesterday

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author had laser eye surgery yesterday
SetH

User status: Offline
1st Mar 07 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had wavefront lasik surgery in MK, lol what an experience.

was about 10 mins of scans etc, then 10 mins in actual surgery but i was there from 12.30 till nearly 5, so on that front customer service is a bit shite, everyone else seemed in same boat though.

Anyway ill cut to the juicy stuff, into the laser suite and made to lay down in a kind of recaro seat bed thing.

The nurse pops anasetic drops in your eyes, then the surgeon puts in speclums and spreads your eyes wide open, didnt hurt but felt weird and i can imagine what i must have looked like.

next more drops, you can kinda see whats going on but they dont tell you every phase. now the gruesome bit, he goes "im going to cut the flap", i can feel devices on my eye lol, then you hear a kind of buzzsaw/drilling sound and your vision goes really dark. then with a sucker they take of the piece of cornea they just sliced, then my vision came back and i could kind of see a spatula thing going accross my eye. This bit didnt hurt but it sounds nasty and there is a lot of pressure on your eye, kinda like someone is standing on it. My left eye was especially bad, really felt like it was being pressed into the back of my head, i am guessing they had trouble doing the flap on that one as it took longer, and its the eye that is hurting today.

Anyway the laser bit is really quick, you have to look at the red light and there is a loud clicking sound as the laser carves you up real nice, worst bit of this is you can smell cooked eyeball lol. The laser bit took about 15 seconds for each eye.

flap gets popped back on and speculums removed then thats it, your literally only in that chair for about 10 mins.

came out and everything was foggy, got back to car and rach starts the 3 hour trip home. as soon as im in the car my eyes start streaming, and i cant open them at all, eyelids felt really heavy so i just had to close them. This went on all the way home and was not plesant. however when i got back it eased of a little, checked my phone for texts and could see it really clearly, only 4 hours after surgery and eyesight was loads better.

Had to wear biggles glasses things for protection to sleep in, and have got 3 different drops to use 4 times a day.

would i recoomend it?

Probably yes, its much more expensive then the £450 per eye though, this is what it starts at.

my prescription was quite mild and the basic surgery was going to cost £1100.

I went for the wavefront which is what the us navy uses, and gives you a lot of other benefits and better chance of success, with this the cost was £2300.

There was a final option to have intralase, where the flap is made by the laser and not the surgeons medievil torture devices but this was £600 extra, so i went for the old school route, saved some money and took some pain.

If you can afford it, id reccomend the intralase as well to be honest. and i think nearly everyone there had the wavefront as well that day.

wavefront can give you 6/4 vision which is better then 20/20.

all in all, intersting experience.
Tom

1st Mar 07 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have heard exactly the same story from bloke in work

Wouldn't fancy it at all, my eyes are ok though touch wood.

I'm sure in a few months you will be reccomending it to everyone, it's amazing stuff
Matt L

1st Mar 07 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would love to have this done. although i've started wearing contacts which is alright i spose.
SteveW

1st Mar 07 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when the day comes that i need glasses.. i think im gonna get a laserbream shot into my eye
Ben G

i'll stick with my contact lenses thanks.

worth paying £60 four times a year than £2300 in one hit.
GT4Brody

I considered this but my optician said i wasnt suitable as i have lazy eye, which means the nerve hasnt developed properly so laser wouldnt help.
good luck with yours though, would love to be able to bin the specs...
C2RL R

1st Mar 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my eyes started watering when i read that description
Fee

1st Mar 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister had this done last year...
She could hardly see anything without her glasses and now can see everything clearly.

She said the night she got it done she was in agony. Once the anaesthetic wore off her eyes got really itchy and she felt like scratching them out! Other than that though, all went fine.
She still has to wear sunglasses every now and then when it's glary but can see perfectly
BYRON

1st Mar 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mum had hers done late last year. £1200 iirc?

Her long distance eyesight is 20/20 although very close up isnt too great, but loads better than before.

From having no choice wearing glasses, to not even needing them now is a nice change.
SetH

1st Mar 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KROOZUK-BEN
i'll stick with my contact lenses thanks.

worth paying £60 four times a year than £2300 in one hit.

i had astigmatism so i needed toric lenses which are expensive, try £40 a month.

no matter how good a fit your lenses no one can wear them all day without some discomfort, particuraly near the end of the day.

Go to a smokey pub and forget it, game over, the same with an airconditioned office, they will dry out my optician said i would be better to wear specs during work time. As for swimming, well u have to take them out and be blind, what about swimming on holiday, scuba diving? the list is the endless the restritions/disdavantages that contact lenses give you.

plus i tired various prescirptions and the lenses never 100% corrected it.

Had my check up an hour ago, and i have 6/4 vision which is the top of the scale better then 20/20 so its been a sucess.

the wavefront reduces glare, halos at night and also gives you better sight in low light conditions.

walking around today less than 24 hours since surgery, my sight is better then when i had my contacts in.

I could have blown £2300 on an LCD screen or towards a new car, this is the best money ive spent. ony in very rare circumstnaces do people need retreating, sure your eyes will age naturally and one day you may need reading glasses but this is the case laser surgery or no laser surgery anyway.
Jules

1st Mar 07 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had mine done last July , I had Epi-Lasik (I think - the expensive one) with Wavefront - it's the best money I've ever spent!!
I love it!

If you had it done at Optimax and didn't tell me I should give you a slap as I could of saved you £200 per eye as a customer refferal!!
Steve
Premium Member

1st Mar 07 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you buy it from that bloke selling it off ebay seth?

be sure to leave positive feedback

[Edited on 01-03-2007 by Steve]
K17STY

1st Mar 07 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just talking about this this morning in work!

I really want it done but i know i will freak seeing something near my eye.

I have contacts the now but they are a nightmare, horse riding and swimming etc.

Also i dont blink properly so my eyes dry really quickly and contacts get sore.

Is there any pain? bearing in mind im a wimp.
AuroraSport

1st Mar 07 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i actually have astigmatism myself but i've never been recommended to wear glasses or contacts? suppose there are varying levels of severity?
mav

1st Mar 07 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds uncomfortable, don't think i could do it...My eyes are fine the now and I think I would wear contacts or glasses as I am a pussy when it comes to that sort of thing.

Good that it has helped though
Marc

1st Mar 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder if it works for the partially blind
SetH

1st Mar 07 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
I had mine done last July , I had Epi-Lasik (I think - the expensive one) with Wavefront - it's the best money I've ever spent!!
I love it!

If you had it done at Optimax and didn't tell me I should give you a slap as I could of saved you £200 per eye as a customer refferal!!

they dont do it anymore m8, i did remember you having it done and i asked but it was declined.
X 60RSA

1st Mar 07 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does your mrs look now then!?

[Edited on 01-03-2007 by X 60RSA]
Andrew

1st Mar 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something i'm gonna do when i have some REAL spare money.

You cannot spend money better than on your health and my eys sight is awaful i HAVE to admit.
Ant

1st Mar 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sight is just beont the boundries to have laser correction, Im going to look into implants but im no sure to what degree vision can be corrected
Russ

1st Mar 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd love to have it done, people with good eyesight dont know how lucky they are
SetH

1st Mar 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
How does your mrs look now then!?

[Edited on 01-03-2007 by X 60RSA]

same as she did before, gorgeous
TNM

1st Mar 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my ex's mum had they done a few years back. she said it was the best thing she had ever spent money on.
Phi

1st Mar 07 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your brave! never ever known in details what they actually do, it sounds very clever! so does it still hurt?

i swear my eyesight is getting worse and worse..in the furture i defnitely would consider it ! xx
SetH

1st Mar 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not hurting at all now, got antibiotic eyedrops, anti inflammatory ones, and some to stop eyes drying out.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » had laser eye surgery yesterday 22 database queries in 0.2216759 seconds