corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lights In Dash

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lights In Dash
lozacorsa

User status: Offline
21st Feb 07 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone tried changing the bulbs in the dashboards. The ones that light up the Fan Lights and Temp Knob etc!? If so which bulbs are they and where they a nightmare to fit?

Help would be Great! Thanks Guys
jamesvalver

21st Feb 07 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done loads of times. not too bad to fit really. best off using a haynes manual or u2u me n ill try and explain it the best i can lol
DarkBahamut

21st Feb 07 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lozacorsa
Has anyone tried changing the bulbs in the dashboards. The ones that light up the Fan Lights and Temp Knob etc!? If so which bulbs are they and where they a nightmare to fit?

Help would be Great! Thanks Guys

They are abit of a pain to change but they arent hard, just abit fiddly is all. The heater control takes 3 286 push fit bulbs (maybe 4 on air con models? I dont have air con ). The MFD takes 2 509T twist fit bulbs and the clocks 2 (non rev couner) or 3 (rev counter models) 509T twist fit bulbs.
nathy_87

21st Feb 07 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found it in the Tutorials & FAQ's ive had to do the same today also shows a pic of the bulb(s) you need hope it helps http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=238883

EDIT Spelling.

[Edited on 21-02-2007 by nathy_87]
lozacorsa

21st Feb 07 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one guys! Any idea's where i can get some Blue Bulbs for the Dash and the MFD ??
nathy_87

21st Feb 07 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try Halfrauds or Motorworld or any other car franchise like that
lozacorsa

22nd Feb 07 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Pal
DarkBahamut

22nd Feb 07 at 02:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lozacorsa
Nice one guys! Any idea's where i can get some Blue Bulbs for the Dash and the MFD ??

I use crazyleds on ebay, he sells kits on there with the corrent amount/type/etc. Blue has a habbit of not being the brightest colour for a dash but they ones i got from there recently arent too bad. I would say though, one of the three bulbs used in the heater section is used in the rear heated window switch. I dont recommend blue in that because it hardly lights up at all if you do. I have a blue dash with a red bulb in that switch as its much more noticable when its on.

That guy also sells blue headlight/foglight/headlight adjustment switches too (the bulbs in these cant be changed very easy, new switches are much easier) for around Ł15 and they really finish off a blue dash.

[Edited on 22-02-2007 by DarkBahamut]
C_O_R_S_A___B

22nd Feb 07 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^^^^second that - top guy aswell - have bought from him - recomend him highly!!

Jon
deano87

22nd Feb 07 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the car is a post-98, you'll need to do a bit more than the Haynes manual says. You gave to split the black facia from the white/grey plastic to expose the bulbs. Bit of an arse ache to do, but not too bad.

New Poll