corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Power Loss

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power Loss
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
20th Feb 07 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car seems to be lacking power, yeh its a 1.0 an it aint all tht powerfull but its got worse.
Do you think it could have anything to do with my exahust, i think its got a 2" pipe from cat to the backbox, do you rekon thats to big for the engine size and thats why
It just seems like its loosing pressure from somewhere and lacking accelaration.
The main problem is on the motorway though when the engine mang light comes on i thought this might be my air flow sensor tbh but could be exhaust i dont know.
Any one got any thoughts.

Thanks
Superlite Ltd.

20th Feb 07 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little engine like that needs back pressure
valverguy

20th Feb 07 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not the exhaust i wouldnt have thought. 2" aint that bad. Take it to vauxhalls and plug it in the diagnostics. Id say do th paper clip test BUT people keep telling me that the 1.0 12v engine cant have the paper clip test used on it?
FruitBooTeR

20th Feb 07 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i was thinkin ov taking it to vaux cuz of engine mang problem but apparently thay charge way to much to tell you what the problem is let alone fix it
Dean_W

20th Feb 07 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall charge silly money to do a diag test. Try asking around the local garages to see if anyone can do it.

I spoke to Vaux, and it was about £60. A local garage did it for £20.
bigjim172000

20th Feb 07 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont see why everyone always say got to vauxhall when little garages like us can do the same job for less than half what vauxhall want
Superlite Ltd.

20th Feb 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At my VX garage its £60 for diagnostic but if you get the problem fixed with us we dont charge you for that bit.

New Poll