corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Ball Joint

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ball Joint
nova_gteuk

User status: Offline
19th Feb 07 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just bought a ball joint splitter,so i can get round to changing a balljoint on my corsa.

What i wanna know is there is a bolt going through it the balljoint i can get the nut off it but does the whole bolt come out or do i just need to take the whole bolt out.

And how do i get the new balljoint in just whack it in with a hammer or what?
shauny bizzle

19th Feb 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im guessing its the lower balljoint? the bolt has to come all the way out, theres two bolts that go onto the the wishbone ting when u buy a ball joint u should get everything wid it u might need a new nut and bolt though, get the blt all the way out and undo the bolts holding the ball oint to the wishbone and lift the hub off the ball joint and just bolt the new one in, haynes manual tells u how to do it n all m8y

[Edited on 19-02-2007 by shauny bizzle]
flash22

19th Feb 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i take you on about the bottom ball joint ??

the bolt is a pinch bolt so yes you need to remove it split the joint job done

putting the new one on is easy juwst open the gap up with an old screwdriver ect it should just slot it then put the bolt back in an tighten it up

iirc the bottom ball joint is part of the wishbone

[Edited on 19-02-2007 by flash22]
nova_gteuk

19th Feb 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye the bottom ball joint,

Cheers Both

New Poll