corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe cv boot

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe cv boot
Ant

User status: Offline
30th May 05 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right one of my nice shiny compo mo's is covered in black grease all round the inside of the rim, have stuck my hand up round the wheel bearing end of the shaft and the rubber boot is covered in this grease also, Am I right in saying this is the CV boot, is this hard to change?? Any info u got please.
and-m

30th May 05 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it may well just need a new clip, jack it up, take the wheel off and have a look. if you do replace it, make sure you use a genuine boot kit with the metal tie wraps.
Ant

30th May 05 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate ill check it over tomorrow morning? Is it likely to be an astra or corsa cv boot?
Twiggy

30th May 05 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one that u can have! Send me £2 via PayPal for postage and you can have it!

Astra Corsa..... All the same aint they?
ed

30th May 05 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be an Astra CV boot you need on a 2.0. After all, you would have gone to all that trouble swapping the hubs over to fit big CV's
Ant

30th May 05 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No time was hoping to get it to PVS, so mant things left to do!!!

quote:
Originally posted by REDSPORT
I have one that u can have! Send me £2 via PayPal for postage and you can have it!

Astra Corsa..... All the same aint they?
ed

31st May 05 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by and-m
it may well just need a new clip, jack it up, take the wheel off and have a look. if you do replace it, make sure you use a genuine boot kit with the metal tie wraps.

The genunie CV boot clips don't fit They are too big... The non genuine CV boots I got fit really well though...
Ant

31st May 05 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been out and had a look and the boots on bothe ends of the shaft (short shaft, near side) have split, how do i change theese im afraid this will mean no PV for me as Iv got a tough week at work this week.
langey

31st May 05 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont let the cv boots sto pyou going pvs.

it took me 10mins tops to change mine over. all you do is put one end on and tie it with the metal wraps, then fill it with cv greese, then put the top clip over the other end.

and i agree with ed, get a universal cv boot, bu tmake sure when you cut them down you dont cut too much off like i did
Ant

31st May 05 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do universal ones come with clips? I take it is wheel off, break ball joint (not sure whats involved with this) Then what do I have to remove before I can pull shaft out? i need to do both cv boots.
langey

31st May 05 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye they come with clips there fair shit tho, so your best just gettin some cable tie's or the metal things what u tighten by turning the screw, cant think what there called lol.

with the universal boots tho, you'll get them massive, just cut them down to the size that match the car.

i paid about 17quid for 2 of them.
Ant

31st May 05 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any more help on breaking the ball joint and removing the shaft? do trckrods etc have to come off?
Ant

2nd Jun 05 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
ed

2nd Jun 05 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can sometimes push the driveshaft out without popping the ball joint by just pushing the CV out of the hub. If you need to pop the ball joint out then use a crow bar, ball joint seporator or just un-bolt the ball joint from the suspension arm.

New Poll