corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I had the worst possible morning Monday...

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I had the worst possible morning Monday...
Dom H

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

craig8
Premium Member

22nd Feb 07 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wanna sell your other depo?

E36 328
deano87

22nd Feb 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig8
wanna sell your other depo?

If I can keep it, then yes

EDIT: But if I get some more Depo's, I may keep the one that didn't smash in the accident as a spare

[Edited on 22-02-2007 by deano87]
LeeM

22nd Feb 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take your insurance pay-out, buy the car back. fix it!
ChrisBoom

22nd Feb 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long live the 12v!
ChrisBoom

22nd Feb 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
take your insurance pay-out, buy the car back. fix it!

Hes getting it fixed by the insurance
LeeM

22nd Feb 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, i only read page 1
STEvieXE

22nd Feb 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
The insurance engineer actually went out to look at it, which is strange, because I thought the idea of it being Zurich certified is that someone didn't have to.

I am lucky that I had just washed it and done all the plastics etc so it was looking nice. Cars must make a good impression, like the recovery driver said, so if it was make or break with being written off, they decided to repair because of the condition.

That is what I hope anyway

insurance engineers look at every car where by pics emailed or in person while they are in, theres not many they dont see in person. urs would have been touch and go as u know for being written off so thats why he was out to see it for def..

is it being repaired with genuine parts?
chassis damage??

[Edited on 22-02-2007 by STEvieXE]
ainsley_brader

22nd Feb 07 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

1) I was not speeding before anyone says you werent concentrating either
2) The lady in front didn't have her break lights on so? still 100% your fault

Slam panel

thats not the slam panel its the bumper crash panel designed to do what it has done

Let the "you were speeding" bashing commence.

[Edited on 19-02-2007 by deano87]

[Edited on 22-02-2007 by deano87]

Sorry if I sounded harsh but you seem to be trying to pass the buck and it appears this was 100% your mistake! I went into the back of someone in my corsa and my circumstances were very different to yours there were loads of contributory factors (parked cars etc) but i still took 100% blame.

Accept your mistakes and learn from them!
deano87

22nd Feb 07 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I am blaming myself 100% - BUT I wasn't speeding and I was concentrating. You really have to drive that junction, day in, day out, to know how people lapse going round that corner. So yes, I guess I wasn't concentrating. But imho, if someone had got in front of me on the dual carriageway going into Hitchin, it could have been them.

Fair enough - I weren't sure if it was the slam panel or not. That is higher isn't it, where the VIN plate is located?

STEvieXE - no idea about the repair, but I am going tomorrow to change courtesy cars. You were correct, the lady on the phone said "the engineer has just been out, and they have decided to repair" - at 8:30am!

If there was chassis damage, I would have thought it was a write off.

Going to ask the total bill tomorrow, if I'm allowed to know
ainsley_brader

22nd Feb 07 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fair enough - I weren't sure if it was the slam panel or not. That is higher isn't it, where the VIN plate is located?

Yes slam panel is the one at the top with the vin on it!
deano87

23rd Feb 07 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Except mine doesn't have a VIN plate. . .because it is a late Corsa B and it's on the drivers door pillar. I doubt the slam panel was touched to be honest, although I couldn't open the bonnet.
deano87

23rd Feb 07 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway, been and swapped courtesy cars because the Fiesta was 'booked' out.

Look at this bad boy:

This is a 1.0l 3 cylinder Yaris T2 ( http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/data-detail.aspx?deriv=33023 ) - so basically they wanted me in a car that wasn't as fast. You sit too far from the dash, the digital speedo is too sensitive, can't see the bonnet at all and the brakes are either on or off. Shortest clutch and accelerator pedal I've even known. Doesn't sit at 70mph too bad though.

I requested to keep the unsmashed headlight, which they said was fine as it would only get chucked away anyway.

Then I asked how much the repair was valued at. . .

. . .ready. . .

. . .wait for it. . .

. . .£1780. So after taking off my £350 excess, the car is valued at approx. £1430. I'm extremely lucky. Such a high excess saved it from being written off.

[Edited on 23-02-2007 by deano87]
deano87

23rd Feb 07 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and it's being fixed with genuine parts
Lynny

23rd Feb 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
even tho the car infont looks ok its very common for rear ended cars to look fine but require rear panels and coot floor repairs etc

yeah someone went into the back of me at a roundabout last year.....my car only seemed to have slight crack in bumper on first glance, in reality it needed new bumper, tailgate, crash panel, cross member and boot floor....just under £3k repairs
STEvieXE

23rd Feb 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u got off good.

now when get it back..

check all gaps, wings to doors, wings to bonnet, bonnet to lights, lights to grill etc bumper to wings

check all with coins to see how similar they are to the other side

take a tap measure and measure if u can find a clear space from certain point (like wing bolt) at the rear of the engine bay to the slam paneland dot he same the opposite way. meake sure these are the same with a tolerance of 3mm

colour matching issues

check all bolts etc are the same

measure the gap between the back of the tyre and the plastic wheel arch. make sure these are very similra each side.

these are all i can think of at the minute. basically now they have agreed to fix ur car any decent bodyshop should stand over thir work for 3 years do my advice is to be as fussy as possible as any come back they will sort out etc etc
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 07 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has noone thought she may have been doing the correct thing and sat stationary with her handbrake on? your not meant to sit there with your foot on the brakes.

or she couldve been just pulling away again
deano87

24th Feb 07 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

STEvieXE - thanks for your advice, I'll definitely bare it in mind!

Steve - she probably was, but all I'm saying, is that coming round that particular corner, and not seeing brake lights, is deceiving. It was only a split 2nd I didn't see the brake lights, would have been different if I hadn't slowed down when I hit her.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I had the worst possible morning Monday... 23 database queries in 0.4798651 seconds