corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Question for all exiled Man Yoo fans

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question for all exiled Man Yoo fans
liamC

User status: Offline
14th Feb 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genuine question for the Man Yoo 'fans' with no affiliation with Manchester at all. ie: You don't come from there, you weren't born there, you've never even been there, you're from London etc

If Man Yoo were a mid-table division 2 side, and had been since the 90's, would you all still be Man Yoo 'fans'?
Marc

14th Feb 07 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep.

I go see York play regularly and they're in the Conference.
liamC

14th Feb 07 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Yep.

Because you live there is the reason surely?
Nath

14th Feb 07 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I support Luton, but dont live there, and they are a midtable division 2 side
RyanSxi

14th Feb 07 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who knows
Marc

14th Feb 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
Because you live there is the reason surely?

Well yeah, and partly because in 1992 they were sponsored by Portakabin so I got free tickets (2 or 3 times a season). I started going again last summer and want them to do well. Manchester United is the team I support though and have done for over 17 years.
Tom

14th Feb 07 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yep.

why don't you solely support york then

Marc

14th Feb 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See above
Eck
Premium Member

14th Feb 07 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not Man Utd but, I have supported Rangers all my life but don't come from Glasgow. Why should you come from a place to support the team
Danny P

14th Feb 07 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
Genuine question for the Man Yoo 'fans' with no affiliation with Manchester at all. ie: You don't come from there, you weren't born there, you've never even been there, you're from London etc

If Man Yoo were a mid-table division 2 side, and had been since the 90's, would you all still be Man Yoo 'fans'?

You cant say stuff like that becuase you dont know, obviously there all going to say yes so they dont look like glory hunters
Eck
Premium Member

14th Feb 07 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

14th Feb 07 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
You cant say stuff like that becuase you dont know, obviously there all going to say yes so they dont look like glory hunters

I've been a glory hunter since you were 6 years old. I'm thinking of supporting someone else soon so I can keep winning
Eck
Premium Member

14th Feb 07 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There have been a lot of narrow minded fools on here today I think.
Robbo

14th Feb 07 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i started supporting arsenal not long after bergkamp signed... i loved the way they played and wasnt supporting anyone at the time

was an everton fan as a kid but purely to piss my dad off as he was a liverpool fan!
Marc

14th Feb 07 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo

14th Feb 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was probs early 96... wasnt long before rioch was sacked
Danny P

14th Feb 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P

I've been a glory hunter since you were 6 years old. I'm thinking of supporting someone else soon so I can keep winning

Was that aimed at anyone in particular?? No. I would have said it if it was posted about any other any other club.

Out of interest why do you support UTD?

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by Danny P]
Marc

14th Feb 07 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was the team I chose to support at 9/10 years old. Maybe a lad at school being a Leeds fan had something to do with it. I can't really remember now. In 1989/1990 Man United weren't the number one team. Liverpool were, followed by Arsenal and Leeds.
Danny P

14th Feb 07 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough

Just seems wierd to me how people can randomly pick a team to support without ever going or living anywhere near them

Not having a go at you here by the way, I know you do go to games when you can, its the plastic fans that say stuff like "well I watch them on TV all the time so that makes a proper fan"
Robbo

14th Feb 07 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont have to go to games to be a fan

I have seen Arsenal only twice this season but it doesnt make me not a supporter :S

I have seen England 4 times since last August (out of 6) but that doesnt make me some kind of super supporter
Danny P

14th Feb 07 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To just randomly pick a team and say you support them is a bit far fetched though IMO. How can you have the conection with the club, with the players etc if your never actually there.

There is a difference from being a "fan" to being a "supporter" IMO. To support a team mean travelling round the county to see your team play, giving them support to help them to victory. How many times do hear people say the support gave us a lift, how can you give them that lift from your armchair??

Anyone can be a fan. Im a fan of the England cricket team, but im not that arsed if they win or lose, would really class myself as a supporter as im not really that arsed about it.

Before anyone starts, yeah I know its hard to get tickets for the bigger clubs, its more expensive blah blah blah, but the reason for this is that there are too many people not supporting their local sides, this pushing up prices and demand for the bigger clubs, and meaning other real supporters cant get to go.

Just gets on my wick sometimes
eddiewhiteley

14th Feb 07 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad this doesnt affect me as im from manchester and have been going to watch united since 1986 when they were shite so cant even be called a glory supporter either
smack

14th Feb 07 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, my mum made me support them since i was like 6
never been to a game, but thats due to my dad hating them and has always refuesd to take me.
i also see , and support kiddy harriers which are in the confrance (sp) Answers ur qestion

Edit: to the above - i supported them because i was told to, and well after like 14 years still a fan, just beacuse i dont follow them around the country ect dosent make me a fan.
I like to enjoi football and dont take it stupidy serise like you have seemed to make it danny p.

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by smack]
Robbo

14th Feb 07 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

confrance

hey-zeus... what do they teach people these days!!!
Danny P

14th Feb 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smack
I like to enjoi football and dont take it stupidy serise like you have seemed to make it danny p.

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by smack]

I like to enjoy footie mate, otherwise I wouldn't go

Maybe it just annoys me so much as when I walk round Huddersfield all I see is chumps wearing Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool shirts

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by Danny P]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Question for all exiled Man Yoo fans 23 database queries in 0.1991582 seconds