corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C5RSA Progress Black 1.6 16v Sport (Dead,Rebuild,Alive,Carbon,BBS Fitted,Inner Arches, PVS Ready P21

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C5RSA Progress Black 1.6 16v Sport (Dead,Rebuild,Alive,Carbon,BBS Fitted,Inner Arches, PVS Ready P21
RCoughtrie

User status: Offline
15th Mar 07 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i would say im happy i kept it and spent some more on its enjoyable, got the gsi to work on also want that to be better then C5.... still want a scoobie tho got a lot on next year so hoping in 2009 i can have all 3.. thats only a dream tho
Ryan_G1

16th Mar 07 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got it back yet?
RCoughtrie

17th Mar 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yus got her back changed the sound alot still not givin it a good test out... on a bad note the e-tech strut brace didnt fit ... but hes talking the car on monday to try and mod the brackets to give it just a little hight to clear the inlet...

Now thats done i want more bhp toys/software and a good brake set up
DJMartin07

17th Mar 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cars looking brilliant mate, I just got a quote for my car to be sprayed black, it'll cost me £850, so I better get a job quick. But good wait keep the good work up.

Josh
RCoughtrie

17th Mar 07 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers man ... good quote btw
DJMartin07

17th Mar 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. ... it is a very good qoute and from a good bodyshop in Bedford.
SAL
Premium Member

17th Mar 07 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice engine mods there what did they do to the egr system as i need to fit my lexmaul manifold @ the end of the month
RCoughtrie

17th Mar 07 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think it gets a new mount with dblias... he did tell me about it just went over my head was to excited ...

Ask or search Dave A, used alot of his old posts to lead the way with the protech, egr, engine man light and inlet questions
SAL
Premium Member

17th Mar 07 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, looks tidy with out the egr etc, do you plan to get it on a dyno ?
RCoughtrie

17th Mar 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah your talking about the secondary air pump ! yeah clears the bay a fair bit... I want to do quite a bit more before I get it run.

Actually really impressed with what these engines can do when all the restrictions are taken away... reading up on quite a bit of the ins and outs via CS and the web its interesting stuff... reading about a mini with a x16xe atm tis mental
SAL
Premium Member

17th Mar 07 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

warren g reckons he got more from a lightened fly wheel than a full system, manifold and de cat think i might get mine lightened when i change the clutch...
RCoughtrie

18th Mar 07 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defo be looking into that

Took her out for a blast up the A77... can feel the differance in the high revs and sounds good.. bit raspy at times due to the pro tech but gonna see if replacing the join with flexy pipe makes a differance... 90% happy with it just a case of fiddling with it on monday to get the strut to fit

good fun good times

[Edited on 18-03-2007 by RCoughtrie]
DJMartin07

18th Mar 07 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool mate, sounds good by the looks if it, I hope I can get to get mine to sound that good with a an Dbilas Inlet manifold and throttle body, and a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and straight through pipe.
little_duke

18th Mar 07 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie

i have that same system,did yours fit smooth?mine sits ona tilt abit and looks abit poo imo.thinking about buying a 6x4 upward dtm letterbox
DJMartin07

18th Mar 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do any of you guys know how much and where I can get a S/S Exhasut manifold and Straight throuhg pipe becasue the only thing I can find for my SRi is Mild Steel.
RCoughtrie

18th Mar 07 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the tail pipe comes out pointing at an angle... just its design. fits neat onto the brackets both ends are level and not tilted..

Maybe need a new/stiffer rubber to pull it up at a guess ?

get a janspeed exhaust manifold DJ... seem to be more suitable, should of went for one myself... heard they also work better for lower cars mines is to close for comfort

DJMartin07

18th Mar 07 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, i'll have to have a look at them.
Mark330d

18th Mar 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much did you pay for the work if you dont mind me asking? wee ally loves the car. Yours is how he should have done his.
RCoughtrie

18th Mar 07 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

picking the bill up tommorow so can tell you then, a good friend does all the work on my car should see me ok
Mark330d

18th Mar 07 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah i meant the bodywork
RCoughtrie

18th Mar 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1800... that was to semi smooth, full respray, spray and fix airdam bumper/ standard bumper , pull out a bad dent, fix out the arches/side skirts, boot pop kit and wiring...

quite a high price for anyone to pay out imo... but really happy with the whole job quality is excelent, feel i got what i payed for
corsa_rob

22nd Mar 07 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

allways looked the part this motor...the white speedlines set it apart...now its just getting betta and betta, did u do colour coding yourself or get a bodyshop to do it? thinking of getting mine do soon as the rubber bumpers let me down alot...how much u pay for your sebring system, im after the backbox as mine went other day dunno where to get 1 though. Keep up the work man...oh and really cant wait to see rolling road figures after mods!!!
RCoughtrie

23rd Mar 07 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got it fully re-sprayed... cant remember how much i payed was a site that sold sebring goodies type sebring into google
Rachel H

23rd Mar 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stavs
nice engine mods there what did they do to the egr system as i need to fit my lexmaul manifold @ the end of the month

Secondary air pump you mean, pumps hot air directly into the exhaust system to heat the CAT, piece of crap just junk it and plug the hole.
DJMartin07

23rd Mar 07 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope my corsa looks as nice as that mate when I finish my project, how long does your stay in a bodyshop to be re-sprayed, because when I have mine done, i'll have to find a way to college.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » C5RSA Progress Black 1.6 16v Sport (Dead,Rebuild,Alive,Carbon,BBS Fitted,Inner Arches, PVS Ready P21 23 database queries in 0.1891661 seconds