corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Tablet PC

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tablet PC
Mad Moe

User status: Offline
6th Feb 07 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going back to Uni in September and was seriously considering a Tablet PC/Laptop for taking to lectures as the ability to sketch could be of great benefit. I've currently got a Asus W5 and love it so I've looking at the Asus R1 (Below) as an alternative.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experinace with tablets, Pros/Cons, or even recommend and alternatives. Any help would be much appreciated
BlueCorsa

6th Feb 07 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got an Acer tablet PC when I was at uni - never used it as a tablet though, but it is only 10" screen so very compact for travelling with and typed notes in lectures.

One thing to consider is whether the machine has noisy fans, as if it sounds like an aircraft then it's gonna piss off everyone around you.
M2RTY

6th Feb 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate what about a WM phone?

i used mine at work for jotting notes, screen isnt big but it fits in my pocket and has powerpoint etc so i could view the presentations on train etc

o2 xda mini s is mine

highly recomended

plus i can type pretty fast on it and its silient
Mad Moe

7th Feb 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a XDA Mini S and did consider that as a option however a larger screen would be a greater benefit. I'm really confused now, really not sure what is the best option.
JamesMG

8th Feb 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a tablet and although it was great for sketching it was a bit crap for typing so i got pissed off with it..

theyre a good idea just make sure the one you get is comfortable to type with, id rather have a slightly bigger bag rather than cramped keys

New Poll