corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My corsa from the start to its current state

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My corsa from the start to its current state
loz@sussexcarz.com

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 07 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is a progress report of my corsa from the minute I got it on my 17th to the current day, it’s a bit long winded I no but I hope u enjoy the read :tu

Got the car on my 17th bog standard Vauxhall corsa sri, 1st thing I did was to change the cassette head unit 2 a Kenwood mp3 CD head unit, which I had bought 2months b4 I even got the car lol.
Next on the list was a set of 50mm lowering springs and de badging everything and clear corsa c side repeaters, New Sri Badge from the new astra

Then came the wheels….16” corsa c Sri Wheels.
Mmmmm 50mm drop + 16’s + no arch work = scrapage,so the next job was to obviously trim and knock out the arches so that there was ample clearance. And a janspeed back box

Colour coding of boot lock surround and door handles, plus the addition of some terrible Lexus lights and a single wiper conversion

Next were fader window tints, new 17” kei racing wheels and colour coding of my wheel arches,1st carbon bonnet in the world 4 the corsa pvd induction kit, plus a polished strut brace plus new better but still terrible Lexus lights

Then came the most dramatic visible change with the addition of a new predator front, furious 2 rear bumper, samurai side skirts, a smooth scuttle panel and m3 mirrors all dents removed, smooth boot and a full re spray in Vauxhall black, and raised back up to 35mm courtesy of new pi shocks n springs all round this was done because of the depth of the front bumper plus New 3G grooved n dimpled discs and new green stuff pads and new 4”slash cut carbon exhaust

Then the kind removal of my front tints due to being considered too dark by the Birmingham police, the night b4 max p live So I wrote in to max power and got £30 for my troubles woo, also changed my interior led’s to blue from the mankie faded yellow which were there b4.

Then J Thompson kindly did a caricature of my car for me which was spot on, big thanks

Then my wheels started to corrode under the clear coat on the polished lip so I decided id do a quick Photoshop of what wheels I might like next (carbon fibre 1s from the usa) and how it would look on air suspesion

Next up the 1st set of halo lights to arrive in the uk went straight onto my car and some slight tweaks to my front bumper vents

Then the car went up to BPJ’s for the vertical door conversion

The minute it came back I and Elliot set about fitting my newly purchased air suspension kit from Rayvern hydraulics

The interior got a Retrim and a new set of customised rage recliners, plus new steering wheel gear knob, handbrake and leather gaiters, painted interior plastics and new infinity front components

Then after going into hospital I thought Id treat myself n 2 cheer me up I got a 2ltr xe engine n f20gearbox and the conversion was under way thanks to lee Mitchell

Then out with the old smaller and in with the new bigger 310mm Hispec brakes

And new custom twin exhaust system, 2”bore manifold back, splitting to two 4”slash cut carbon back boxes

Finally got rid of the Lexus lights and imported the bubble lights from South Africa

Then the custom install was put together comprising of Kenwood 12”sub and Kenwood amp

The xe engine got some new shiny parts and some carbon parts

After being pissed with the quality of the finish on the wheels I decided to re spray them in Vauxhall black with a contrast silver lip

New Cali mirrors n custom base plates were fitted to replace the dated m3’s

Install modified slightly

Panel gap under the right headlight and damage to lower part of the front bumper required so attention so that was done next

Then I became board of my rear bumper so I pulled it apart and re built it

Then I decided the paint wasn’t good enough so I sanded the whole car down by hand and polished it back up

b4

after

Not a lot left to do now but I’m going to re spray the spoiler and a few more bits in the interior, then I think its ready for its magazine feature,then up 4 sale

Thanks for reading C+C welcome

mav

3rd Feb 07 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of work went into that..Kitted cars not usualy my thing but the end result looks really good..Love the rear bumper...and XE to boot....quality mate

Wonderboy

3rd Feb 07 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long did it take to get to this stage ? ALot of work has went into that. Did you do all the spraying and stuff yourself ?

So you sanded down the paint with a high grade sandpaper then polished it ? Nice I thought it need repainting after sanding...

Looks nice.
loz@sussexcarz.com

3rd Feb 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

almost 5 yrs now,nothing major happened in the 1st yr due to how much the insurence cost were at the time.

i didnt spray the car my self originally but all repair work and new panels etc etc were sprayed by me yeh.

i sanded the car with 1500 by hand then used a rotary polisher and a mix of menzerna, ps200 and 3m cutting compounds to bring the shine bk up.na it doesnt need respraying after sanding
Butler

3rd Feb 07 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you should get some black depos
Ben G

3rd Feb 07 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a lot of cringe moments there! but definitely came out looking very nice. kitted corsas aren't usually my thing but that does look nice as the workmanship seems to be excellent
M6RKK

3rd Feb 07 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice, some amount of work... did you do most yourself ?
Alex16v

4th Feb 07 at 02:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazin work mate. Love that car. I've had pictures saved from ages ago of it.
LAMM13

4th Feb 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

v v v cool car love the mirror finish paint too!
STEvieXE

4th Feb 07 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks imaculate, def one of my fav kitted corsas ever. doors are mint (hate lambos, those are fab the way they sit)
loz@sussexcarz.com

4th Feb 07 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the good comments

the only things i didnt do on the car was the engine conversion,the door conversion,exhaust,install and original respray,every thing else on the car was done by myself
allza

4th Feb 07 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really like what you did to the rear bumper. Looks original and looks great. Paint looks immaculate too.
cheshiresport

4th Feb 07 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt really like it in the first pics, but you have turned it into a truly awesome looking corsa. Top work there fella
gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Feb 07 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good, nice to see people doing a large amount of the stuff themselves too

How shiny is that paint

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
jr

4th Feb 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats looks really really good and looks like 90% you've done yourself
RCoughtrie

4th Feb 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fooking love that corsa... one of the best mate its awesome
Marc

4th Feb 07 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it looked really good lowered 50mm it sat really well. The more I read I expected a subtle car lol!!! The kit etc isn't to my taste but its obvious you've put a lot of work in to it so fair play to you!
andys sxi
Premium Member

4th Feb 07 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats gone through a lot of changes looks nice mate well done

April 08 feature car
Novaneil

4th Feb 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This really is a fantastic car! Defo one of the best and most complete Corsa's ever!!! Well done

Neil
liamcorsa

4th Feb 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This car is mint, have seen it in the flesh a few times. The work looks ace loz, fancy polishing mine??
drax

4th Feb 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked like a right shitter to start with, but it turned out gorgeous, and that shine!

I think you win the 'Who's car looks most like a mirror' contest
ajscorsa

4th Feb 07 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not my kinda car but must say i love that. and the custom rear bumper is really well done.

good work mate
Rich H

4th Feb 07 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of progress made there!!!

Love it like this actually:

I also spy maxeduk stickers!!! My mate owned that site
Swiftay

4th Feb 07 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice, but the carbon bonnet is pointless imo
Novaneil

4th Feb 07 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where can I order a set of those "Bubble" rear lights from? They look good.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My corsa from the start to its current state 24 database queries in 0.0183680 seconds