corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1998 Combo advice needed.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1998 Combo advice needed.
K 5ive

User status: Offline
31st Jan 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all new to this site. Just bought an R reg Combo for £247. Needs some work but is basically sound. Except for the Roof Cone! This is as rotten as a pear. Are these easy enough to get off and replace as the Haynes manual says nothing about it. I am picking up a second hand one on Saturday. Also are the Speedo Clocks on this year Electric? If so can i fit ones with a rev counter? It is the V Grille model. It has no Radio display etc. Clock at the moment and i would like to fit one, so i was wondering if the wire was tucked away in the dash somewhere in that location.
The Brake pedal has loads of travel before the van stops. Master cylinder problem?
Any brake set ups from other Vauxhalls fit? Calibra for instance?

[Edited on 31-01-2007 by K 5ive]
Adam-D

31st Jan 07 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the roof lining out and its held in with bolts all way round.

i have a set of rev dials for yours i gues its 1.7d? u2u me

brakes will prob need bleeding, and yes cav/cally brakes bolt straight on

think of it as a 5 door corsa, everythings apart from the load area "back end" is 5 door corsa
K 5ive

31st Jan 07 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yes if i fit M3 Mirrors will i be able to see anything. I hate the standard things and M3's are so cheap on E Bay.
How much do you want for the dials as i am bidding on some at the moment on E Bay. The guy who i bought it off of said that he had tried bleeding the brakes and did not make any difference.
Adam-D

31st Jan 07 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics of my van in my garage, i have std corsa mirrors cos the combo ones jiggle all over the place i can see fine, just remeber to check your blind spot

there is a sequence to bleed the brakes "haynes manual"

£40 inc recorded delivery for the dials
they are on 53k
diesel and petrol dials are different
Adam-D

31st Jan 07 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this was mine when it was modded

its now nearly std again ready to be sold
K 5ive

31st Jan 07 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looked in you're garage. Looked good. Kind of the road i want to be going with mine. I have bought it to take to Spain for when i start a valerting business out there.

[Edited on 31-01-2007 by K 5ive]
K 5ive

1st Feb 07 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about Exhausts as there is half a system on it at the moment? Do they have a backbox on them as mine if it has one is missing it does not seem very noisy though.. Could i get a sportier backbox?
Thanks!
K 5ive

1st Feb 07 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i cleaned her up tonight just before it got dark and structurally she is very sound. Spots of surface rust that bubbled up hee and there but nothing that can't be taken care of one the weather warms up. Overall well worth the £247 i paid for her. I won some 1 month old M3 mirrors for £5.50 on E bay. The Roof cone should be with me on Saturday. All service items arrived today courtesy of E Bay. Now though the alternator has packed up. Was going to see about second hand ones but there won't be many 96 onwards in the scrappies. However there are some new on E Bay for £69. Is there anything you cannot find on there? Going to bid on a front Bumper with spoiler as well. I love it when a plan comes together! Next month i shall look for some Alloys. I would love some fat Black ones on it just to toughen it up a bit. Anybody got anything like that?

New Poll