corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Home theatre system for Samsung R74

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Home theatre system for Samsung R74
Dav

User status: Offline
31st Jan 07 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Samsung R74 finally arrived today but already I'm thinking of a surround sound home theatre system for it.
I've been looking at the Samsung HT-Q100 and HT-XQ100R systems.

Anyone got any opinions or had any experience with these systems and these TV's?
Munchie

31st Jan 07 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are shit hot mate

they are in comet and costco!

how big is ure room? im gettign sum decent pc speakers for mine
Dav

31st Jan 07 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Munchie! It's for a bedroom. Not the biggest room but it is still a double bedroom. I'd really like the 5.1 system, but I don't know if I think the 2.1 would be enough for my room There's not that much difference is price between the 2 systems tho.
Arnie

31st Jan 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now you've made me want to buy one of those! I'm going to wall mount my R74 and I think the 5.1 system will finish it off nicely!

What prices have you found them for?
kz

31st Jan 07 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah nice them. thing you gotta remember is they cant really go in a cabinet cause theyre top loading and you have to pull it out to change disc, very annoying! we do em for £349 / £399 but im sure theres cheaper online
Dav

1st Feb 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arnie, TribalUK.com are selling the 5.1 system for £320 + free P&P which is the cheapest I've found. Never used TribalUK before tho, and that was just a quick search on Google.
Arnie

2nd Feb 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Dav, I found that too. I went on to pricerunner.co.uk and searched on there.

Think I'm gonna order the 5.1 system in the next week
Dav

5th Feb 07 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The TribalUK website tells me they are out of stock now, although I've found it for similar prices on a few other sites.
The only thing stopping me from ordering the 5.1 system is that I want the wireless rear speaker module, and that's another 100 quid... so have to wait til next pay day I think. Let me know how you get on with yours if you buy it, Arnie
Dom

5th Feb 07 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no offence, but had a quick listen (in costco of all places, so not the ideal place lol) but they sounded a bit cack. Too much top and bottom, not enough clarity around the middle, not something thats worth the 250 odd.

But i suppose it will match with your R74 nicely
Jamie Walby

6th Feb 07 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought the Logitech Z5500 surround sound under the recommendation of my good e-friend Cybermonkeh,

THX Certified. If you like films like Star Wars etc this equiptment is SHIT HOT. I absoloutely love it and I love Cybermonkeh even more for opening my eyes and pointing me towards the light.
Arnie

6th Feb 07 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen the wireless thing for the rear speakers and am quite tempted by it too but as you say its an extra £100!

There's a place just down the road from my work that sells it so gonna pop in there and have a listen before I buy. But as you say Dom it will match our R74's nicely and that's the main thing
Dav

6th Feb 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really Dom? I listened to the 2.1 in Comet and thought it sounded nice. I was just assuming the 5.1 would be a bit better. Oh well, as long as it matches my TV There's always time to look around I suppose, not in any hurry.
Arnie

6th Feb 07 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I popped into our local TV shop at lunch and they had the 2.1 system hooked up, I had a listen and I thought it sounded much better than my current Sony surround sound.

The bloke in the shop said it wasn't a bad setup, obviously there is better out there but you have to spend extra to get it and I'm not wanting to spend the £500-600 like he said.

So I think I'm gonna go for the 5.1 system. It sounds good to me, does the job I want it to do and also matches my TV

[Edited on 06-02-2007 by Arnie]
Jamescorsa97

6th Feb 07 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ahve just bought this and its thethe best purchase i have made ina while. It has all the connection I need, my pc, dvd recorded and telel all run through this and its top notch for the price of £200

http://www.sonycentres.co.uk/product.asp?did=95_6_185_4094
Dom

6th Feb 07 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Computer speakers like the Z5500's (listened to quite a bit due to babbling friends who have them and they are fair from anything special) and samsungs are pathetic, i've got bigger drivers in my Beyerdynamic DT250 headphones than what they have to offer

It really is horses for courses and what you pay is what you get, but if you're after decent sound then spend the money and get propper gear that sounds decent.
To be honest, there is nothing stopping you having a look on ebay and getting some decent second hand gear - alright it might be a few years out of date and not support a nice taiwan/chinese curvy plastic exterior to match your ikea tv stand but it will sound better and give you an insight to propper home theatre setups, unlike the mass manufactured plug and play systems that make dixion wannabes weak at the knees

[Edited on 06-02-2007 by Dom]
Jamie Walby

7th Feb 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Computer speakers like the Z5500's (listened to quite a bit due to babbling friends who have them and they are fair from anything special)

[Edited on 06-02-2007 by Dom]

Give over they are awesome. Ive watched films like James Bond/Scar Face/ Jackie Brown with DTS on and I spent the whole time I was watching the film crying they sounded that good.

Then theirs Star Wars
Dom

7th Feb 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion, i think they are fair from decent. Not only do they cost an arm and a leg, the seem to offer too much bottom (which is muffled from the sub at the best of times), mid-range is either nothing or too much and the top end sounds like im stabbing my ears with pins. Saying that, you probably can EQ it to sound a lot better, but out of the box....errrr....
My 12 year old missions sound a damn sight better and i think there pretty poor against a lot of things these days.
Though i do like the big volume control

But like i said, you pay for what you get - for 250 quid you're not going to beable to get hold of a 5.1 system that sounds decent. You would have to spend 5 times that (inc the decoder) for something new that would sound pretty decent. Even second hand i think you would struggle for £250.
Jamie Walby

7th Feb 07 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im well happy with my Z5500 set up. No quibbles with too much bottom/mid range or top end.
--Dave--
Banned

7th Feb 07 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom do you have an experience or knowledge on the Canton range?
dave17

7th Feb 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie how much for said setup?
Jamie Walby

8th Feb 07 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £200 for mine and it sounds pukka mate.

Next time we are all playing COD3 ill turn it up and call an airstrike next to where I am stood and you will hear the thunder I demonstrated it to Dave and Coley recently
dave17

8th Feb 07 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

picsssssss
Jamie Walby

8th Feb 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave17

8th Feb 07 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they all wired? what colour are the wires?

What input does it use?

U got it hooked upto the 360?
Arnie

8th Feb 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been reading up about the Samsung 5.1 system and it seems to have some good reviews from the people over on avforums.com, http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347309&highlight=SAMSUNG+HTXQ100

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll