corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F***ing eropean SH*T!!! -- Problem Solved

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F***ing eropean SH*T!!! -- Problem Solved
Kurt

User status: Offline
16th Jan 07 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah ill have a gander for you tomorrow lunch..
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 07 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers
Chris Bingham

16th Jan 07 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the pipe which runs from the inlet manifold to the ECU under the rain tray. Mine came off which meant the ECU wasn't getting a boost reading and therefore only gave me "get home" boost of about 5psi.

I would ask if the engine management light is on but if it aint then its prob cause the bulb has been removed
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Jan 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there is a leaking noise i doubt it'll be limp mode, probably is a split boost pipe. check all the vac hoses.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 07 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the engine management light look like? And where exactly is this pipe? It gives me a litle bit of boost, boost gauge goes up about a 6th.

I dont know fuclk all about puntos or turbos. So a detailed explination of where this pipe is would be great
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 07 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
if there is a leaking noise i doubt it'll be limp mode, probably is a split boost pipe. check all the vac hoses.

Which are the boost pipes??

Soomeone come and fix it for me!!
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Jan 07 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb86
quote:

right i have never looked in a punto gt bay but look at all the hoses coming from the dump valve, turbo, intercooler, any sensors, all of them, if i was you i'd just replace them all.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 07 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

right i have never looked in a punto gt bay but look at all the hoses coming from the dump valve, turbo, intercooler, any sensors, all of them, if i was you i'd just replace them all.

Dont fancy replacing them all incase its the turbo seals

Edit: Would air be escaping if the seals have gone??

[Edited on 16-01-2007 by glb86]
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Jan 07 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

are you getting smoke from the exhaust??

Dont fancy replacing them all incase its the turbo seals
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 07 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does smokea bit. But no more than it did before. Would air be escaping if its the seals?
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Jan 07 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

starting to get technical now!!!! My understanding is if the turbo seals go you'll get blue smoke out of the exhaust as it is burning oil, i think your mate may not be correct. if i was you i'd replace the cheapest thing first, ie vac hoses, as said in another thread, if you haven't got the money to maintain it don't buy it!!!! Cars in general are costly, turbo cars are more, italian cars are more, put a turbo on an italian car and you are gonna be skint for life!!!!!!
Chris Bingham

16th Jan 07 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Punto GTs for beginners:-

ECU pipe is a small pipe (like windscreen washer hose) and it comes off the inlet manifold which is on top of the engine on the right. There are 2 pipes the same but one goes to the ECU which is under the scuttle panel which is under the wipers. The wipers clear the windscreen in the rain. You may also need to remove them. I can't remember cause its over a year since I sold mine.

If your Turbo seals have gone, then it will be smoking really badly but should still be getting a decent boost figure I would have though? My mates Turbo seals went but it boosted fine but smoked like bad 'un

Check the hoses off the intercooler (big bit of metal, like a radiator but smaller) which sits next to the raditor. There is a big metal pipe which runs along the front of the engine at the bottom. This rusts out sometimes. Check all the intercooler pipes are on ok.

Running a dump value? Check it is fitted ok, and there are no pipes come off or split.

Bleed Valve - standard ones sit under the fuse box cover at the back of the engine (2 screws hold it on). Check there are 2 pipes on it, and the electical lead is still attached. If its running an aftermarket one (will look like a big bolt), check that the pipes are attached to it too.

Engine management light looks an injector, wee red light. It is common to remove the bulb when running an aftermarket bleed valve as it comes on when the ECU detects too much boost.

Turbos generally last about 70k IIRC if the car is looked after.

Could be a problem with the Air Fuel Meter but doubt it. Possibility though but I'd hope it wasn't if I was you. £££'s from Fiat

If you are on a budget, and you have a Punto GT then it could be an expensive time for you.

[Edited on 16-01-2007 by Chris Bingham]
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Jan 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh with his diagnostics i very much doubt his turbo seals have gone, just sounds like you have a boost leak, you need some one to look at it for you but it's not gonna cost a fortune to replace the lot, and it's not difficult.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 07 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, just nipped down to the car and the exhaust smoke is not blue.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 07 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that chris. But i do know what a scuttle panal is lol.
Andy Stocker

16th Jan 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Jan 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Right, just nipped down to the car and the exhaust smoke is not blue.

did you let it warm up??

as i said if it was your seals then it would be burning oil so the smoke would look blue.
Chris Bingham

16th Jan 07 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not blue? But it is smoking? And you are sure it isn't just condensation cause its cold?

If it is white smoke (not due to condensation) then it could be head gasket? Check the filler cap for mayo?

Any other problems with the car?

Cause I'm nice, here are all your boost pipes.

Kurt

16th Jan 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
starting to get technical now!!!! My understanding is if the turbo seals go you'll get blue smoke out of the exhaust as it is burning oil, i think your mate may not be correct. if i was you i'd replace the cheapest thing first, ie vac hoses, as said in another thread, if you haven't got the money to maintain it don't buy it!!!! Cars in general are costly, turbo cars are more, italian cars are more, put a turbo on an italian car and you are gonna be skint for life!!!!!!

i work for fiat/alfa i packed up a service kit the other day for mailorder and it came to like 200 quid :S
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 07 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has a bit of white condensation but nothing abnormal. Chris anychance you could send me taht PDF??
Chris Bingham

16th Jan 07 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soz mate, only have it JPG. Just save the pic, the zoom if you need to.

From the sounds of it, its a split boost pipe.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 07 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope so.
Cupra Steve
Banned

16th Jan 07 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Chris anychance you could send me taht PDF??

cheeky bastard
Chris Bingham

16th Jan 07 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the spec of your car?

Year, miles etc?
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 07 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Chris anychance you could send me taht PDF??

cheeky bastard

What?! Worth a try

Chris. its an M plate, 100K, recent new turbo.

Mods: Lowerd 70mm all round. PiperX induction, 3" stainless system. (system is going if anyone wants to buy it)

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » F***ing eropean SH*T!!! -- Problem Solved 22 database queries in 0.0148361 seconds