corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » xbox 360 chipped....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xbox 360 chipped....
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
12th Jan 07 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K17STY

I was in game on xmas eve and someone was buying a preused psp for there kid. It was scratched to feck too but if it what you have to do then so be it.

I have no problem with 2nd hand stuff as thats not a cheap rip off. Though a big problem is spending above their means to keep their kids happy.
--Dave--
Banned

12th Jan 07 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously they must not sell very well where you live then.

In fact I was just looking at Game's website. There are some good titles coming out for the xbox for next few months
Jamie Walby

12th Jan 07 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Those shops i have mentioned there do not stock anything for the xbox here only 360.

The shops that do have xbox stuff only have a few new titles and mainly old games that is being sold off.

I own a shop and stuff is always coming out, taking over from older products. Now from my experiance in being a businessman/shop owner, I dont blame them. Shelf space is the most valuable thing in a shop and you dont want to fill it with thousands of £s worth of stock to sit there. You always go with the newer items as it is ALWAYS going to be more popular and obviously take over from the old. Why would I want, for example, £10ks worth of xbox games on the shelf to sell a few a week when I could use that space to stock more popular 360 items that im going to sell all day every day?

Its all about profit and how can you begrudge people making money? I see it from some of my customers, they seemingly HATE to see us make money. Moan about prices etc even though my prices are as cheap as my competitors and in quite a lot of cases cheaper.
K17STY

12th Jan 07 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont begrudge people making money, i could turn that back on you then and say your doing the same to the people who sell pirate goods. They too are in turn trying to make money.

I just dont like the fact that big companys are selling things for way over the price they need too. and its not just the gaming industry either.
ssj_kakarot

12th Jan 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol you cant really use the argument pirates need to sell games to make money lol lol lol .
Jamie Walby

12th Jan 07 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I know ill support my local pirate to help fund organised crime. No thanks.
ssj_kakarot

12th Jan 07 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no real way to defend piracy, however, i always ask my self the question if people were not buying copied games would they actually buy the origional game at full retail price, probally not they would just go without.

So i suppose you could always question how much money is actually lost to piracy in the grand scheme of things.

Yes games do have quite a high premium on them, could they sell them at a lower price, yes of course they could but then what would be the incentive to keep making games if they are not making huge profits, dont forget games are not made in geeks basements any more, its a multi-billion pound industry and unfortunetly or not its all about pleasing sshare holders and making the biggest profit possible now.

Jamescorsa97

12th Jan 07 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
lol you cant really use the argument pirates need to sell games to make money lol lol lol .

LOL
--Dave--
Banned

12th Jan 07 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL
K17STY

12th Jan 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all about profit and how can you begrudge people making money?

Thats the comment i was replying to. And piracy is all about profit and making money.

I love how piracy is always classed as organised crime, they are all gangsters and drug dealers aswell!!
ssj_kakarot

12th Jan 07 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but piracy is illegal for a start, and its taking some ones hard work and making a profit from it.

its quite easy to begrudge people who want to make money out of piracy lol.
Jamie Walby

12th Jan 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its all about profit and how can you begrudge people making money?

You were saying games are too expensive and they make too much profit.....
Jamie Walby

12th Jan 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
of course they are going to say it hurts it, all it really hurts is there profit.

There. It hurts their profits, yes, which is what everyone is in business for. All their hardwork, and over heads that need covering can be jeopardised (sp) because some crook wants to make a fast buck. Granted a slight contradiction but piracy is ripping people off, theres a difference between working hard and making an honest living and ripping people off.
K17STY

12th Jan 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the big companys who sell them, its hardly people like you who are lower down at the bottom of the chain and hardly make any profit that are to blame. If your prices are the same as the other shops if not cheaper then its clear to see thats what you HAVE to sell them for to cover costs and earn a living.

All im saying is that they( the game companys who are making billions in profit) should make less profit and make things more affordable, in fact not even affordable more realistically priced. What part of that point are you all failing to grasp?
Jamie Walby

12th Jan 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not failing to grasp any of the point. They need the billions of pounds of profit to invest in new technology, new games etc.... I wonder if you were one of the top dogs at such a company earning a massive wage youd still adopt that opinion. I say fair play to them for earning that money. Every company starts from nothing so they have done very well to get to wear they are now. So it bbrings me back round to asking why do you begrudge them making all that money?
Jamie Walby

12th Jan 07 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*where no wear
ssj_kakarot

12th Jan 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the point were you keep contradicting your self.

the world revolves around money why should games compnies lower prices so mrs chavette can afford to buy her little chavs 12 xbox games for christmas.

if people want to buy something they should earn the money nd pay up if they cant afford it then tought luck.

K17STY

12th Jan 07 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because why have more money that you know what to do with?, did they ever think that if their games & consoles etc were more affordable they could have more sales which may in turn may lead to a bigger profit? I just dont agree with people over pricing instead of reducing that profit and making things more affordable to the masses.
Jamie Walby

12th Jan 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See SSJ, thats how I was brought up. If you cant afford it, go without. Never spend beyond your means. Buy what you need before you buy what you want.

I agree, why should the game companies lower their prices.
Jamie Walby

12th Jan 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Because why have more money that you know what to do with?, did they ever think that if their games & consoles etc were more affordable they could have more sales which may in turn may lead to a bigger profit? I just dont agree with people over pricing instead of reducing that profit and making things more affordable to the masses.

If you sell more at a lower mark up you will still make the same sort of profit as if you sold less at a higher profit.
ssj_kakarot

12th Jan 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you know how games companies work its not one person who takes all the money they float on the stock market profits they make get put into several different aspects of the company, such as new technology and payment to shareholders through dividends.

so its not as if one person is saying ow look at all the money i have i dont know what to do with it.

so yes they really do need to make large profits.

Yup i never spend beyond my meens if i want something ill work more hours in my part time job, annoys the hell out of me that single mums on the dole get more money a month than me despite the fact i work.

[Edited on 12-01-2007 by ssj_kakarot]
--Dave--
Banned

12th Jan 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
All im saying is that they( the game companys who are making billions in profit) should make less profit and make things more affordable, in fact not even affordable more realistically priced. What part of that point are you all failing to grasp?

You would fail to run a successful business then.

We would all love cheaper prices on everything, not just games. Footy tickets, cinema tickets, bus tickets but at the end of the day they run a business and as said before a multi billion dollar company. And anyway, games do come down in price over time so I don't really see your point.

Stop contradicting thyself before you make yourself look even more stupid.
K17STY

12th Jan 07 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
the point were you keep contradicting your self.

the world revolves around money why should games compnies lower prices so mrs chavette can afford to buy her little chavs 12 xbox games for christmas.

if people want to buy something they should earn the money nd pay up if they cant afford it then tought luck.

show me where im contradicting myself?

So not being able to afford your children what they want makes you a chav? Being a single mother who works to support her children but have very little income makes her a chav? Does being on benefit when you need it and still dont have a large disposable income make you a chav too?
ssj_kakarot

12th Jan 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok for a start you started saying why should they make so much profit, then you started saying we shouldnt begrudge them making a profit.

And furthermore its pretty evident you have no idea what you are talking about.

K17STY

12th Jan 07 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did i say we shouldnt begrudge them making a profit?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll