corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.8 16v Corrado, idling problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.8 16v Corrado, idling problem
wilson_sri

User status: Offline
10th Jan 07 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi folks.
Got a problem with my corrado, just bought it on Monday aswell.
In the mornings or on cold nights, when i start the car from cold. It wont idle. It will go up the revs then right back down again and cut out. It will stay running if i pump the pedal to keep the revs up, and also missfires badlly.
It missfire all the time, but i have new plugs and leads coming today which should hopefully sort that out. Any ideas on what the cold start idiling problem is?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Jan 07 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idle control valve, they commonly go (according to Jim on vagweb)

New Poll