corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car loans

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car loans
deano119

User status: Offline
9th Jan 07 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking at getting a loan for a new car in the summer, im only 19 amd still living with parents and i dont want to get completley stitched on interest!

Has anyone got any suggestions of where to go and whos best? Have many of you taken out loans for a car?

Cheers, Dean.
Scotty_B

9th Jan 07 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

egg.com or nationwide seem to be the best.
SAL
Premium Member

9th Jan 07 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was tempted @ 1 point but glad i didnt ! if its a new car goin 4 good money than yea but if its to mod a car dont bother you will prob regret it !
Colin

9th Jan 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much are you looking at borrowing??
ed_jones

9th Jan 07 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what car is it?

i have thought about this for a astra gsi mk 4
richysport

9th Jan 07 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont do it just save up loans are som hard to get rid of trust me
Colin

9th Jan 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how much you want to borrow & over how long & to buy what!! You dont want to end up paying for a car for 3 years after you sold it because it seemed a good idea at the time.
Rob H

9th Jan 07 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.moneysupermarket.com

Main thing you want to look at is each companies approval ratings, and the final amount payable.

If you get a loan within your budget you won't have a problem. Just remeber that 3-4 years is a long time to be paying it off if you stretch your budget. Personally i'd try and save a wedge of cash if you can to either drop the payments, or have the loan over a shorter period .
Colin

9th Jan 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I wouldnt want to be paying a car any longer than 2 years.

My mate bought a Saxo as his 1st car, 5yr loan, he's still got the payments for it looming over him 4yrs & 2 cars later.
deano119

9th Jan 07 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wel it would be for around 3000 over 2 years as i only intend having the car for 2 years, as said above i dont want to be paying for a car thats been sold on etc.

I can afford the repayments easily but just wanted a general opinion and experiences before i take the plunge.

Ive already saved a good chunk of money but to save the total fund would take ages and i simply dont want to wait until ive saved up all the money myself.

The car im still abit unsure, i think ive narrowed it down to astra coupe, bmw 318 or something VAG, fed up of corsas now!
corsacrazygsi

9th Jan 07 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you already have some money to put towords a new car then u mite get a gd deal. shop around and try n play with the dealers! where am gettin a c2 from reg vardy but theres an arnold clark rite next to it and tehy were offering me better deals on diffrent cars !
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

9th Jan 07 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can't afford it don't do it!

I don't want to borrow money until I get a house, only thing worth having to lend money for.

Save you'l appreciate it more at end of the day.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
jamesvalver

9th Jan 07 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my £2k loan with halifax. its over 36months and i pay back a total of £2473
deano87

9th Jan 07 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nationwide tends to be the best - fixed rate and same rate for everyone. What ever they say your repayments are, they'll stay for the duration. It makes budgeting easier/
Rob H

9th Jan 07 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano119
Well it would be for around 3000 over 2 years as i only intend having the car for 2 years, as said above i dont want to be paying for a car thats been sold on etc.

Sounds fine to me, youve saved loads, and are fed up of waiting, which is fair enough. You'll pay an extra £400 in interest for the privaledge, but that's your call as to if it's worth it to you or not.

I think the majority of people have loans for cars these days, which is understandable, as it's a neccessity to most people .
davey_jack

10th Jan 07 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah dont do it mate it irritates the hell out of me sometimes!
jamesvalver

10th Jan 07 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt want to take out a loan untill i was looking for a house but due to my old insurance company not paying out for my claim, i needed a small loan to help me buy the car.

even tho i have spoken about it, i wont sell my car untill ive paid for it in full otherwise i will just be paying for something that i dont have.

i dont intend on getting another loan and i dont even have a credit card so that i cant get in the debt that way.
Ojc

10th Jan 07 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Nationwide tends to be the best - fixed rate and same rate for everyone. What ever they say your repayments are, they'll stay for the duration. It makes budgeting easier/

Yes

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car loans 23 database queries in 0.0123670 seconds