corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2007 Vauxhall Corsa VXR

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2007 Vauxhall Corsa VXR
Cupra Steve
Banned

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
in 10 years are people going to be buying 1.3cdti Corsa D's and putting a VXR kit on them?

probably.
Joe

3rd Jan 07 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you compare a Corsa VXR to a Clio V6? People really need to get to grips with comparisons.
Novaneil

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
i just think its does not hold as big a road presence as say a v6 clio but is not as subtle as say a clio 182, its stuck in the middle and looks daft

Are you blind??? We're on a site for Modified Corsa's! Most people on this site fit bigger wheels to there cars, lower them and do a few styling tweeks.

This car already has all that and its standard! What on the earth are you moaning about???
Cupra Steve
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
How can you compare a Corsa VXR to a Clio V6? People really need to get to grips with comparisons.

2 hot hatches with similar power, differrent drivetrain so to compare the 2 is reasonable imo.

[Edited on 03-01-2007 by Cupra Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jan 07 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a proper hot hatch, proper hot hatchs are noisy and rattly and have character, that will have the character of tony blair
Joe

3rd Jan 07 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway, personally I think it looks ok. Styling not to my taste, but if the engine and handling are good then it should be a cracking little car. Would'nt buy one but i'm sure there are plenty of people out there who definatly would.
M2RTY

3rd Jan 07 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Novaneil
quote:
i just think its does not hold as big a road presence as say a v6 clio but is not as subtle as say a clio 182, its stuck in the middle and looks daft

Are you blind??? We're on a site for Modified Corsa's! Most people on this site fit bigger wheels to there cars, lower them and do a few styling tweeks.

This car already has all that and its standard! What on the earth are you moaning about???

becuase they do this to make their car different, this is standard, no individuality. plus i would hardly call it a few styling tweeks
mwg

3rd Jan 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you not understand? This is what modern hot hatches are going to be like.
M2RTY

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
quote:

2 hot hatches with similar power, differrent drivetrain so to compare the 2 is reasonable imo.

both renault and vauxhall wanted to push the boat out and create a fast little version of their standard model car
Joe

quote:
quote:

Huh? Similar power? Price tag's when new way apart? Drivetrain vastly different? Styling vastly different? Everything about the 2 cars is way apart apart from they are both 3 doors, can hardly use them as a decent comparison.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jan 07 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G

yes i know and i dont like this trend
M2RTY

3rd Jan 07 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Matty G

yes i know and i dont like this trend

for once i agree with you
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jan 07 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the clio v6 has a mid mounted engine ffs
M2RTY

3rd Jan 07 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but they were both made to be fast versions of the original car....be it 4wd, rrd, mid mounted, twin engined it does not matter.....i am saying that some cars work and some dont (style wise, not engine)

[Edited on 03-01-2007 by M2RTY]
Joe

3rd Jan 07 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Steve but you can compare it with the Corsa VXR apparantly
Ojc

quote:
quote:
quote:

Huh? Similar power? Price tag's when new way apart? Drivetrain vastly different? Styling vastly different? Everything about the 2 cars is way apart apart from they are both 3 doors, can hardly use them as a decent comparison.

Cupra Steve you chat the biggest load of dogshit this side of the Thames, a Clio V6 is RWD, the Corsa is FWD, the Clio has an almighty 3.0 24v V6 engine IN THE BACK OF THE CAR, the Corsa has a 1.6 16v Turbo charged unti IN THE FRONT OF THE CAR.

How you can compare the two is ridiculous, later spec Clio V6s should be comparable to Scoobys, Evo yadda yadda yadda.
Cupra Steve
Banned

quote:
yes but they were both made to be fast versions of the original car....be it 4wd, rrd, mid mounted, twin engined it does not matter.....i am saying that some cars work and some dont (style wise, not engine)

that is what i was trying to get at.
Joe

3rd Jan 07 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No the Clio V6 was just something crazy and mad, the Clio 182 is the direct rival to the VXR. Clio v6 is nearly £30,000 new for crying out loud.
Cupra Steve
Banned

3rd Jan 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cupra Steve you chat the biggest load of dogshit this side of the Thames, a Clio V6 is RWD, the Corsa is FWD, the Clio has an almighty 3.0 24v V6 engine IN THE BACK OF THE CAR, the Corsa has a 1.6 16v Turbo charged unti IN THE FRONT OF THE CAR.

How you can compare the two is ridiculous, later spec Clio V6s should be comparable to Scoobys, Evo yadda yadda yadda.

Fuck off, your having a go at me for comparing a FWD car with a MRD car, you've just compared it to 2 4WD rally cars.

prick.
M2RTY

3rd Jan 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
quote:
quote:

i never once mentioned engines........i was 100% on about looks

clio and corsa are in the same market, small cars

clio looks nice be it a v6 or a 172 or a 182, they are either mental enough to or subtle enough to work

corsa vxr is none of these IMHO

do one mentioned engines
M2RTY

3rd Jan 07 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No the Clio V6 was just something crazy and mad, the Clio 182 is the direct rival to the VXR. Clio v6 is nearly £30,000 new for crying out loud.

and the 182 (or 197 the new one) look good
Joe

3rd Jan 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And to some people im sure the VXR looks good, your getting your opinion mixed up with what other people may think.
Cupra Steve
Banned

3rd Jan 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

and the 182 (or 197 the new one) look good

not seen any good pics of the 197 but the standard clio's look like mini mpv's again. 182 was the tit's. i really like them.
Daimo B

3rd Jan 07 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

both renault and vauxhall wanted to push the boat out and create a fast little version of their standard model car

Yes, lets compare two cars of the same class? Even though....

1 is FWD, the other is RWD.
1 is front engined, the other is mid engined.
1 is a 5 seater, 1 is a 2 seater
1 is a inline 4 pot, 1 is a 6 pot V6
1 has 190bhp, the other has 255bhp

The VXR is to be compared against the Clio Sport, NOT the V6. TBH, the V6 is pretty lonley in its class.

As for "small cars" jeeeeessssuuuuussss f ing christ. I'd best compare the Radical, the Arial Atom etc as well, they are small cars....

Next up will be an argument about whats better? FWD VXR or 4x4 WRX????

[Edited on 03-01-2007 by VXR]
Liam

3rd Jan 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
in 10 years are people going to be buying 1.3cdti Corsa D's and putting a VXR kit on them?

Yes.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2007 Vauxhall Corsa VXR 22 database queries in 0.0163279 seconds