corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » CCTV advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author CCTV advice
Swiftay

User status: Offline
1st Jan 07 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been meaning to set cctv up for a while now but a few questions

If i get a DVR card with the software(was thinking of this)

and have two cameras (these)

Would i need anything else? As ive got the software needed, the wireless cameras & batteries aswell
Gary
Premium Member

1st Jan 07 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put some CCTV up at my mates parents house, used a proper DVR not a DVR card, got built in HD,networkable etc etc. Top kit, bout 200quid tho
flash22

2nd Jan 07 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ve had a play with these dvr cards and thay ar utter carp (cheap chinese ripoffs of the proper card what are £6-700 quid from the proper sorces) the software is very poor and is translated in very bad english (do a google for "pico 2000" ) and forget about cameras off ebay aswell a mate of mine has had 4 die within 2 months and the picture quailty isnt great either also thay have a very poor lux threshold too so not good at night. for a good night camera you want to go for a black and white ccd

a good entry level system with a dvr and 2 cams is going to cost you £300+. i have setup a few swann system in the past. maplin stock the swann cctv stuff......

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=dvr&menu=0&WorldSearch=Y&doy=2m1&ShowPics=true&Stock=28&MinPrice=0&MaxPrice=9999&SD=true

New Poll