corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Jeff Banks Matt Emulsion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jeff Banks Matt Emulsion
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Dec 06 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone used Ports Of Call - Jeff Banks Matt Emulsion?

Any tips as the best way to apply it? It says on the tin 'paints almost anything' and they ain't kidding. Mum has just started painting a wall in the bathroom and there tiny brown dots flying everywhere

She's using a brush atm, I dread to think what would happen if she used a roller. To make matters worse it is the darkest shade of brown she could find so the spots aren't hard to spot, they're fecking everywhere. She's only putting it on one wall and has already painted the other three cream (they're now covered in tiny brown spots) !!

City

28th Dec 06 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its wank just normal dulux badged up as something else, with a big price tag added
JadeM
Premium Member

28th Dec 06 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She's a sucker for buying stuff for its packaging and stuff

Honestly it was EVERYWHERE, she's spent the day trying to get the tiny spots off the walls, the ceiling, the bath, the washhand basin..................
City

28th Dec 06 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
She's a sucker for buying stuff for its packaging and stuff

Honestly it was EVERYWHERE, she's spent the day trying to get the tiny spots off the walls, the ceiling, the bath, the washhand basin..................

laura ashley stuff etc all crap badged up ici stuff with big price tags
mav

28th Dec 06 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy Dulux/crown etc all this other crap is well................ crap
Ally

28th Dec 06 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I even hate the dulux 'once' stuff, utter pish!
mav

29th Dec 06 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have bought the 'once' stuff before but always have to put on more than 1 coat..If you read the tin there is disclaimers that it will not cover any dark'ish' colours etc....Bollocks..

I even had to put 2 coats on top of cream before..
JadeM
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 00:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mum does a lot of the decorating in the house (dads a joiner to trade and doesn't 'do painting') she says the Jeff Banks paint is the worst she has ever used !!
dava.

29th Dec 06 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt touch any off the dulux stuff at all,
i personally stick to what i know and whats half decent, we use johnstones paint at work never had any problems with it at all, and if im doing a home job ill recomend my customer to use that as well
JadeM
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the likes of B&Q sell Johnstones?
dava.

29th Dec 06 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, seen as your location says grangemouth im presuming that you know where b&q is in falkirk yeah?
JadeM
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just noticed your from Falkirk - my boyfriend lives in Grangemouth, I take it he'll know
dava.

29th Dec 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably yeah lol

well if you head towards where the b&q is but dont go in head right down to the bottom off that road and you come to a corner heading right follow that round then take you first left into a wee industrial outlet place, you will see dulux up in the right hand corner head up there and johnstones is the last one on the left hand side, get all sorts off paint mixed up there, paint quality is also good alot better than the dulux stuff, its a trade counter but public are welcome to use it aswell!
hope that helps
JadeM
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that Colin will know where it is. My mum's always getting paint mixed aswell, I'll let her know
City

29th Dec 06 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dava.
i personally stick to what i know and whats half decent, we use johnstones paint at work never had any problems with it at all, and if im doing a home job ill recomend my customer to use that as well

dulux trade is best you can get mate, used it for 11 years, as for jonstones proper rubbish, thin just like milk absolute crap
Ally

29th Dec 06 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Range sell johnstones, i've used it buy prefer the normal dulux ranges

We did most of my house in the cheap B+Q magnolia and it looks really nice so i'd reccommend that as well!
dava.

29th Dec 06 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by City
quote:
Originally posted by dava.

dulux trade is best you can get mate, used it for 11 years, as for jonstones proper rubbish, thin just like milk absolute crap

i aint on here to disput the diffrences between paints, thats just plain sad tbh
im just mearly offering other allternatives that jade might not know about as to where and what paint can be used

New Poll