corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » F*****G xbox360, F*****G broken, 3days old

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F*****G xbox360, F*****G broken, 3days old
John

User status: Offline
27th Dec 06 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

360 has been out for ages though, but i'm not allowed to talk about them.
Linch

27th Dec 06 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine has been alright so far, figures crossed. I know people who have had 2 or 3 and they keep braking. Think allot of that was down to he moved it while it was running a game.
Jamie Walby

27th Dec 06 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
You get all the people with them standing up for them which gives a one sided view. You're best going onto cnet or some other tech site and watching video reviews from editors and the like.

Whats wrong with standing up for something you own and enjoy?
corb

27th Dec 06 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've spoke to Game this morning, bloke said just take the console and receipt back down, dont worry about re-packing it all, and they'll exchange it.

So I'm a bit happier now! Gotta wait til 12o'clock to go into town cos sisters just woke up when I rang her and wants to go in too.

I think it may be worth takking out the extended warranty on the xbox in light of all these problems people seem to having, whats anyone else reckon? £60 for an extra 2years.
Arnie

27th Dec 06 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be worth it in the long run. Mine's been fine so far and I've had it a few months (bet it breaks later now I've said that!).

Let me know when your back up and running Corb, what games you got for it?

Also you've got the Samsung 32" R74 haven't you? Where and how much did you get it for? As I think I'm gonna end up getting this!
corb

27th Dec 06 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comet, £730 web price, which they matched in store, its now only £690. It can be bought cheaper on the net, but if it goes wrong, have fun taking it back/returning it! And when I bought it, I'd sepnt a firtune in there on appliances etc. for the new house.

Ive got PGR3, Pro Evo Soccer6, Gears of War and Call Of Duty(not played it yet).

I'm very happy with the tele, i bought it with vouchers i get through selling finance at work, so effectively didnt cost me any cash at all.

send us your name on xbox live arn, text, u2u or whatever. You at work today? Drop the car off ok?
Jamescorsa97

27th Dec 06 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly all retailers are offering immediate replacement on the Xbox's when you get the ring of death. Nothing to worry about.(Game, HMV, Comet etc)
Jamie Walby

27th Dec 06 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corb, when you take it back, whats the deal with the hard drive? Do they remove it and put it in your new 360 so that you dont lose any saved info?
Arnie

27th Dec 06 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think my gamer tag is Arnie1984, I'll add you in a bit anyway. I've got GoW and COD3 too, we'll have to do that co-op on GoW, haven't done that yet.

Cheapest place I've found it, is 247electrical for £584. But have just found a promotional code for Dixons on Google and that's for £599, might be better if something goes wrong as you say.

Nah I'm home today, got the whole week off I dropped the car off this morning, they're calling me once its fixed.
corb

27th Dec 06 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walby, I've gotta discuss that whenI go down, as all I know is there's a 'hardware' failure. If thats the drive, then I'm bolloxed tbh, luckily I've not had it long and wont lose much data.

Arn, deffo get on GoW, its ace, but tbh, i dunno how good COD3 is cos its still sealed in the box!
Arnie

27th Dec 06 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

COD3 is just as good as GoW. I'm playing Rainbow Six 3: Las Vegas at the minute, still trying to get to grips with it!
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
in what way is it shite, and what else would you buy thats better?

why do you have to consistently stand up for things you have or have had? are you not allowed to not like them or say they are unreliable?

my mate is on his 4th 360 in the space of 6 months which for a games console i think is absolutely shocking. My other mate's one continuously crashes and he is being fed some bullshit about the cache not refreshing itself and the cooling systems on the console itself being insufficient.

It's not all rosey in the x box gardn by the looks of things unfortunately

im standing up for it because its the best console i have ever played on, and I have yet to come across something better.

mine got the ring of death, but i took it back and swapped it straight away at 10:30 at night, big deal?

Jamie Walby

27th Dec 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C'mon Steve. Lets just admit it. The 360 is shit.
Cybermonkey

27th Dec 06 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, you shouldnt have to replace it at 10:30 at night, thats shocking!!!!! the N64 is better TBH. that would work underwater and not let you down
Jamie Walby

27th Dec 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pokemon Stadium
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
yes, you shouldnt have to replace it at 10:30 at night, thats shocking!!!!! the N64 is better TBH. that would work underwater and not let you down

most next gen consoles wont be stable yet

they will only be 100% stable when the next xbox or playstation 4 comes out
ssj_kakarot

27th Dec 06 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think people seem to forget most system have there faults e.g

origional nintendo suffered very badly with a grey flashing screen as soon as it got the slightest bit f dust in, this was fixed with an updated version of the system which was only released in the states/asia.

the first playstation had lots of problems with faulty lasers, which needed to be replaced, as did the ps2.

ect ect ect... nothing is perfect.
Cybermonkey

27th Dec 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SSJ CARROT TOP
mk4_astra

27th Dec 06 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb

I think it may be worth taking out the extended warranty on the xbox in light of all these problems people seem to having, whats anyone else reckon? £60 for an extra 2years.

it could be, gives you 3 years of piece of mind but all the problems ive heard about with 360's and ps3's all happen within a year so im just sticking with the standard 12 month one you get when you buy it from a store
dave17

27th Dec 06 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt worry about it, i got the ring of death on mine, took it to PC World with my recipt and they exchanged with no problems. They also let me swap my HD they didnt notice i didnt put the headset back in the box, so ive got 2 now
corb

27th Dec 06 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All sorted, been down this afternoon and changed it.

Good news, the Deputy Manager at Game, I used to go to school with, didnt even check my receipt! Until I mentioned refunding a game which I'd opened, and even then, despite their policy, said he'd make sure I got a refund Touch!

Also, didnt have to queue up for 20mins to be seen, saw him wandering about and grabbed him, then he just swapped it straight over

Gonna get COD3 out the box in a minute and have a crack at that, not played it yet!
dave17

27th Dec 06 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos3 is pretty pap
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos3?
corb

27th Dec 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why's there a million page post about it? I thought it'd be good cos everyones banging on about it?
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its fucking ace, if dave17 doesnt like it its because hes incapable of playing it

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll