corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » xbox 3shity

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xbox 3shity
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
12th Dec 06 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just seems like a step backwards imo.
John

12th Dec 06 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the ps3 not come with any hd capable cables?

I don't kow what it comes with apart from not having an hdmi cable.
John

12th Dec 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again plugging in a pad before you use it wouldn't be that big an issue for me but i'mfighting a loosing battle here.
topshot_2k
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it kinda defeats the wireless capabilities? especially when i can press a button on my 360 ones and it boots up the console.
--Dave--
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Again plugging in a pad before you use it wouldn't be that big an issue for me but i'mfighting a loosing battle here.

like i said, it's not a flaw, just an annoyance. In this day and age why should you need to do it? Give me one good reason.

A mate brought his 360 pad over the other day, pushed the guide button and bang, he was on. My views on this particular subject aren't biased just because I own a 360 but why shouldn't it be as easy as that for the PS3?
topshot_2k
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus they have had over a year longer to develop/tweek the PS3
--Dave--
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the proof is always in the pudding. If they had the chance they should have released earlier and then ironed out any bugs/flaws then.
kezza

12th Dec 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the problem with the disc getting scratched but it was my fault for putting the 360 on its side when turned on with a game in. its all explained why it does it in the link below.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/Xbox-360-Game-Disc-Scratched.htm
--Dave--
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking for that link earlier. Is that the one where there's a video on it showing where they turn it whilst a disc is in? It makes a loud scratching noise and fcuks up the cd pretty bad.

To be honest anyone with half a brain would know not to do that.
kezza

12th Dec 06 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they show that if you put 1 of those rubber sticky bits in there it wont scratch the disc, but im pretty sure it would void the warranty if you opened the xbox up.
dave17

12th Dec 06 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what is hte best way to have your 360? Flat or standing up?
mk4_astra

12th Dec 06 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flat, its better on your discs and the console wont overheat as much. same applies for the ps3
topshot_2k
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flat, its not so loud
ssj_kakarot

12th Dec 06 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
quote:
Originally posted by John
http://gaming.engadget.com/2006/10/20/sixaxis-batteries-not-swappable-but-sony-will-replace-controlle/

But we already knew i'd be right.

Give up with the slagging the ps3 every time its mentioned because a few of you have a 360.

Especially when you really don't have a clue.

i think its comments like this 'know it all attitude' that piss people off.

I will admit the 360 has flaws, but come on at least you dont need to buy extra cables, or plug the wireless pads in first pisstakers

yeah thank you its his total twat of an attitude that pisses me off, dude your not a gaming god,

A: you dont own either console
B: just because you obviously sit on gaming sites all day long reading about consoles you dont own doesnt meen you have more of a clue over every one else with real hand experience.

And sony really should have done better regardless of everything that has been said if you market a console as "the best thing around" and people get it with numerous flaws/annoyances people are bound to be put off.
topshot_2k
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--Dave--
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 360 is laying horizontal. It's how I have all my consoles.
Dom

12th Dec 06 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no offence topshop, but stop spitting out your dummy - your sounding as if you have your penis so far up microsofts backside that your eyes are lighting up with the xbox logo

Stop being so biased because you believe that sony has had an "extra year of development" that out of the box it should be as ironed out as the 360 currently is....it's complete nonsense.

I do agree that connecting the wireless controller to the console first is complete cack and the lack of even a set of component cables is a bit cheap, but you seem to be basing the whole "PS3 is crap" on just those two points.

Yes Sony delayed the PS3 (far from ideal obviously), but like john said it was mainly due to manufactures not coming up with the goods and the fact that the PS3 team struggled to implement backwards compatibilty for previous console games.

Currently on paper and current realases, it does seem the PS3 is lagging behind but give it a years worth of development (like the 360 has) so the PS3 team can iron out software bugs, it could easily be equal or better to that of the 360 now.

Anyways, lets keep this thread back on topic instead of turning it into "my dick is bigger than yours" type thread

p.s - anyone know what OS the PS3 runs, is it custom or linux based? I know the 360 uses a stripped down version of windows (CE like the xbox?) - hence the shite media centre crap it has, which is stupidly slow....
--Dave--
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair paragraphs 2, 3 and 5 just echo what I have previously said.

I think I heard somewhere the PS3 is linux based. I could be wrong though.

[Edited on 12-12-2006 by --Dave--]
Dom

12th Dec 06 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--

you're probably right in that i have echoed a lot of what has already been said but it still seems to be going in one ear and out the other with a few people

Eitherway im sitting on the fence, i've played the 360 loads and it's a brilliant console but it still has a fair share of flaws still (lockups in games, the whole media centre crap - worse thing about the 360) and they've had an extra year to sort the bugs out lol

The PS3 on the other will support versions of linux (from what i gather and the reason i asked about it's OS), already that gives it the possiblities of beating the 360 (better media software, no need for windows media centre OS or software on your server pc, support for multi codecs for movie/audio playback. Old console emulation etc)

Back to topic, laying it down seems to be the best option - plus it won't fall if you knock it
topshot_2k
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you a complete dick in 2 weeks i shall own both, my mate already has ps3 and WE BOTH agree the 360 is better.

Kindly STFU.
--Dave--
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh it's all going down in Geek Day motherfuckazzz!!
topshot_2k
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i never said the 360 had no flaws, but it has better features and at least the online play works.
John

12th Dec 06 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if the ps3 runs linux under games, I don't think so though.

You can install linux on it though and this in itself will be a massive feature for people both in the console gaming community and outside it.

Its not a bad price for a blu-ray media center.
--Dave--
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--

you're probably right in that i have echoed a lot of what has already been said but it still seems to be going in one ear and out the other with a few people

Eitherway im sitting on the fence, i've played the 360 loads and it's a brilliant console but it still has a fair share of flaws still (lockups in games, the whole media centre crap - worse thing about the 360) and they've had an extra year to sort the bugs out lol

The PS3 on the other will support versions of linux (from what i gather and the reason i asked about it's OS), already that gives it the possiblities of beating the 360 (better media software, no need for windows media centre OS or software on your server pc, support for multi codecs for movie/audio playback. Old console emulation etc)

Back to topic, laying it down seems to be the best option - plus it won't fall if you knock it

I have had one lockup during a game and that was during PGR when I opened up the dashboard to look at who was online. Apparently it's a well known issue. Other than that it has served me quite well.

You'll always more often than not hear from the people with the problems. Think about it, you never post on an internet forum saying the piece of kit you bought works fine, of course it should.

The launch of the PS3 can only be a good thing for all gamers. More competition = better games imo. I will hold off for a few months before deciding whether to purchase one or not.
topshot_2k
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy mine in january dave?

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll