corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renault Clio 182 Turbo!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Renault Clio 182 Turbo!
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My comment was supposed to be the same as what steve is getting at. Not really the weather for a FWD 300bhp+ monster is it?
mwg

11th Dec 06 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the lad that owns it is on a Clio Forum so maybe someone wil tell him about this post and he will come on here and be able to tell you a bit more about it than I can.

All I know is that its fast
mwg

11th Dec 06 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
My comment was supposed to be the same as what steve is getting at. Not really the weather for a FWD 300bhp+ monster is it?

Your right, the road being wet didn't help

[Edited on 11-12-2006 by Matty G]
ShEp

11th Dec 06 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my let corsa was a nightmare and it was only 210bhp

fuck *trying* to use 309bhp in a clio at this time of year

p.s. steve as always, your a bellend

Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp

you call me a bellend you are are reinstating what i said
ShEp

11th Dec 06 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know, but your always a bellend, and im not being arsey about it
ed

11th Dec 06 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not limit the boost in 1st and 2nd? Simple.
Nismo

11th Dec 06 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate works at KTEC , there turbo clio is pretty fast round combe!
CorsAsh

11th Dec 06 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by ShEp

you call me a bellend you are are reinstating what i said

For God's sake, if you're going to try and use big words, make sure you're picking the correct one for the context! What you want to say is "reiterating" not "reinstating".
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 06 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMFSL

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dhdev

11th Dec 06 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no problem with having a 300+bhp FWD car, as long as it hasn't been fittted with a digital throttle. It'll have the same amount of grip as if it had 200bhp, you'll just have a greater ability to overcome this level. So as long as you have a foot instead of a brick, driving it round a track shouldn't be a problem.
Greasemonkey

11th Dec 06 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was reading on GTI-6 forum that some guy went on a 15mile blast with this clio and managed to slip a tooth and wreck his engine trying to keep up.
Luckily he is gettin a new engine fitted under warrenty!!!
mwg

11th Dec 06 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

timrud_

11th Dec 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks very nice indeed.
TNM

11th Dec 06 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see if you can get a full spec from him
cash_2_my_corsa

11th Dec 06 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds nice luks fast but need lsd not the pill lol
N90ATH

11th Dec 06 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if he got it done at ktec then they saythe following, and sound squite gd really:

Following extensive track and road testing we are now able to supply and fit our new turbo kit to the 172, Cup and 182 Clio models. Over the past year we have spent alot of time fine tuning the kit and finalizing the specifications of many of the key components used. This has allowed us to produce a very reliable and tractable kit which is as happy driving to the shops as it is chasing down super cars on the race track. Reliabilty has been our main focus and to help test this we have had 2 cars running the kit, one has been mostly used for daily road driving and the other has been used on the track and to date has clocked up over 300 very hard miles running 12 psi of boost and using all of the 7500 rpm rev limit we have set on our test car. We are very pleased to report that we have not had a single component failure and neither car has needed any more than brake pads, oil changed and tyres. The parts we use in this conversion have been carefully chosen and tested and include the custom turbocharger, cast tubular manifold, custom exhaust downpipe, forged low compression pistons, total seal piston rings, KTR front mounted intercooler with stainless steel and silicone intercooler piping, uprated injectors, induction kit, dump valve, battery relocation kit, uprated clutch, map sensor, oil feed and drain lines and ECU modifications to cater for the turbo conversion. There are also several smaller parts included to make a neat, reliable installation, this is the stage 1 specification. At this stage 1 spec running around 9psi you will see approx 260bhp with similar levels of torque making the Clio an incredibaly fast car. If you were to opt for the forged rods along with a revised ecu program and paddle clutch (the stage 2 set up) you will be running around 300bhp which will make the car incredibly fast and will bring the 0-60 time down into the 4 second bracket (conditions and set up permitting). We have tested this set up against a 520bhp Nissan Skyline R33 (not on the public highway)in a straight line drag race from a rolling start and I think it is fair to say the Skyline driver was surpised to see a Clio keeping up with him upto 145mph. This is also the set up we have used on the track, only being overtaken by cars running at least 500bhp and on many occasions we had days where we our Clio was not overtaken all day.

It is also worth considering brake and suspension upgrades to help get the best out of the car with this kit fitted. The cost of the stage 1 kit supplied and fitted in our workshop is £6100 including VAT and labour and we would need the car for 2 weeks to carry out the work. We would also like to note there is no cutting of any metal work on the car in order to fit the kit. If you would like to find out more about this conversion or book a test drive in one of our converted cars please either call us on 01202 820800 or e-mail us at info@k-tecracing.com
jammo20

11th Dec 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fwd big power cars are fine imo ive been out in 3 350 or more vag cars now 2 golfs and 1 octavia with 370hp was fast as fook and did go roaund corners and erm did get traction in second gear plus
corb

11th Dec 06 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, unless you drive like an arse, the power is perfectly useable. Floor it in 1st and of course it will just spin up and make smoke signals the Indians would be jealous of. But the same could be said for a £500 000 super car if all electronic driver control devices were turned off, floor a Konigsegg(sp) and I'm certainly without aid of traction and or launch control that'll smoke the tyres in no time.

Clio seems tasty by the way
gunzi

11th Dec 06 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great car and I'm sure its fooking rapid in a straight line. The problem isn't cornering either, the turbo will have not added much weight to the front of the car. The problem IMO is finding traction while cornering.

Theres no way in hell he could floor it mid corner. If it was RWD or 4WD then he could given the correct suspension set up. You have 309bhp but the amount you can push the throttle remains the same. So while cornering if the throttle gets pushed too much the turbo spools too fast he gets a big delivery of torque and it understeers straight on.

I'm sure that it is a driveable car but IMO its wasted in a clio.
Rob R

11th Dec 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have in the region of 200bhp through the front wheels and when traction control is turned off, it's wet and 18psi makes an appearance it's a tad silly....another 100bhp would be daft
Cupra Steve
Banned

11th Dec 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob R
I have in the region of 200bhp through the front wheels and when traction control is turned off, it's wet and 18psi makes an appearance it's a tad silly....another 100bhp would be daft

yep.
jammo20

11th Dec 06 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rob dont be gay
WATSON

11th Dec 06 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love to have a wee go in this Just to see what the power is like in a little clio

You can put the power down on any FWD car if you spend the money on doing so! I know a mate that has around 350/400bhp and gets the power down ok
Gareth

12th Dec 06 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keeping up with a 520bhp skyline

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Renault Clio 182 Turbo! 23 database queries in 0.1983709 seconds