corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » jamesvalvers tb'd xe - LOVE/HATE - 15.05.2008 - going well

New Poll
  <<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author jamesvalvers tb'd xe - LOVE/HATE - 15.05.2008 - going well
jamesvalver

User status: Offline
12th Aug 07 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
haha, your always there on my saturdays off, was going to pop over today but had to get tyres on the clio and stuff like that!

how does the car feel on the road?

power supplu went on the pc so i hear!

lol at my car being mint its a state at the moment!

i'll bring it back to get the mapping finished on a day you are there next time mark lol

on the road the car is mental, no problems with it at all so far. touch wood it stays that way. is jamie gona charge again to finish the mapping seeing as it wasnt my fault he couldnt finish it?

and as for your car looking a state..... it not that bad mate! is the engine back in it now by any chance as it wasnt sitting high at the front. really cant wait to see and hear that running!

jamesvalver

12th Aug 07 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri power
how different is it to drive than a standard xe?

loads different. it doesnt feel as quick as my old xe when u floor it from nothing but its because it pulls the same all the way where as the std xe pulls more the higher the revs go
craig_s

12th Aug 07 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were the tb's hard to fit and doe you have to cut the bulk head away?
jamesvalver

12th Aug 07 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri power
were the tb's hard to fit and doe you have to cut the bulk head away?

easy to fit but its not as simple as just bolting them on. u need to tap into cylinder 3+4 on the bodies to take a brake servo vacuum feed from, and you also need to block a cooland hose off as it no longer runs coolant through the inlet manifold on mine (i have direct to head tb's)
craig_s

12th Aug 07 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how did you go about blocking it off?and is the wiring hard?did you have to cut your bulk head away or did you just do it for air flow?sorry for all the questions but im just weighing up a tuned xe or a let for mine
jamesvalver

12th Aug 07 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive heard that lets are a waste of money from some people as there a many problems, but then again there as problems with any tuned engine. a let would be the cheeper way of getting 200bhp. ive spent bout 5500 in total i think on my engine to get it to 232bhp (so far)

the wiring is straight forward, u only need to connect a positive, earth, fuel pump relay and rev counter, and i cut the bulk head away to give some extra room but u can just about fit them in there if u keep to 40mm trumpets like mine. any longer then u will have to cut it away.
jamesvalver

12th Aug 07 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and i blocked off my coolant pipe with a dump valve stop lol
jamesvalver

13th Aug 07 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LB-6RR8Sd4Y
GazsSRI

14th Aug 07 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright james!!

new 2 corsa sport!! just bin bin readin the thread, n its fair 2 say uve add ya problems but this is one amazing car! its worth every penny uve put into it!

i drive a corsa c 1.4sri (z14xe) which is a nice car but id love a xe project car now

well dne m8
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

14th Aug 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what cams are in it now James? must be quite lairy as SBD struggle to get 230 bhp at 7500+ rpm from their 295 cams
Ant

14th Aug 07 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he has the mild spec qed cams, quite an unexpected power figure I would say
Novaneil

14th Aug 07 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic mate! Glad to see your running DTA rather than the usual SBD supplied MBE rubbish

I bet she sounds mint on the road!
jamesvalver

14th Aug 07 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
what cams are in it now James? must be quite lairy as SBD struggle to get 230 bhp at 7500+ rpm from their 295 cams

QED Q42H cams

http://www.qednet.demon.co.uk/xe/cams.htm
Dave A

14th Aug 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but they are only slightly better than standards, a lad that comes to us has a c20xe with similarcams and struggles to get 190bhp on the dyno on a very well set up engine with a head done by swindon race engines and it runs perfectly and produces the expected power.

sure you dont have some nos hidden away under the passenger seat

impressive figures, I would check the cam profile is the one you think you have though, fully race prepped group N engines with mildly improved cams struggle to get past the 200bhp mark.
Ant

14th Aug 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant see them being any more aggressive than the Q42H (and him not knowing) as valve piston clearance would have been an issue, also its making its power before 7k which again fits in with the Q42H
Dave A

14th Aug 07 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

valve clearance would depend on timing, I know someone with 284's in an engine with standard pistons but the timing is far from perfect.

Im very interested in these results as I am building a c20xe on tb's very soon for a customer and have been doing lots of research on cam profiles, speaking to catcams, piper and SBD. to my knowledge this is the only c20xe on tb's that anyone knows of that has produced over 220 bhp at 6700 rpm except the SBD 6th upgrade pack that uses a 300+ degree cam, that makes 234bhp @ 7000rpm.

not doubting that the engine makes good figures, just wondering how.
broster
Premium Member

14th Aug 07 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was mapped by the best.................
Dave A

14th Aug 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mapping is one thing, gaining 40-50 bhp from mild cams is another....
Ant

14th Aug 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also worth noting it only running c20xe ble injectors which i would have thought would be quite near maxing out at 230 BHP.

As Iv said already im truly amazed just hope mine will make good power as it is a very similar spec and getting mapped at the same place, to be honest though id be more than happy with 200
Dave A

14th Aug 07 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not so much the 230bhp figure, its the revs it makes the power at that interests me. 230bhp at 8000 rpm is a challenge in itself with medium cams (270ish deg) but to make it at 6700 is very good going.
jamesvalver

14th Aug 07 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not actually sure what the duration of the cams are. all i no is that there the q42h's as its stamped on the ends of them. i was litterally stunned by the power out put! i cant wait to get it fully mapped then a propper power run to the limit!
jamesvalver

15th Aug 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now that the engine is just about finished, its time to start planning out the last few parts for the car. 1st up its getting a facelift to make it more subtle but it will stand out from the rest of the cars on here. the reiger just doesnt cut it for me anymore but this is going to take a while. i think im happy enough to let the wheels stay and to keep the colour the same
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really like this car, its pretty much complete, id only change one or two things on it if it were mine!

goes well, cant wait to have it back in to finish to mapping on it! really has made me get my arse into gear with mine!

keep it up dude!
jamesvalver

15th Aug 07 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i no u would cut alot of the interior out and remove the carpet lol. main bit i want to change is the front end. thought about rear discs but tbh i cant be bothered with the hassel of them lol
broster
Premium Member

15th Aug 07 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like my rear disc conversion, some people say they are pointless but i like mine.

nah i wouldnt cut the interior up too much..........

<<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » jamesvalvers tb'd xe - LOVE/HATE - 15.05.2008 - going well 23 database queries in 0.0243368 seconds