corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » COST-wheel bearing, cylinder, drums and shoes!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author COST-wheel bearing, cylinder, drums and shoes!
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 06 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been getting a loud whinning and knocking sound recently at higher speed, and my ABS light comes on regulary!

took to garage and turns out i need to replace some of the parts on the rear wheels!
vauxhall quoted £110 PER rear drum!!! ive seen a 3rd party brand for £40 each! will this do the job??

im of to vauxhall soon for the other parts, just wondering how much would new rear shoes, bearings and cylinder would cost?? and maybe a new abs sensor??

my garage said however the abs light and rear drums do not need to be done right now as is not a problem really???

[Edited on 23-11-2006 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
flash22

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 06 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bearing is around £9 ea rear cyclinder is £7 ea and rear shoes are around £10-15 a pair/set

If you change the rear drums your need to do both sides also rear drums dont come with the bearings so your need them too

If your going to do the rear cyclinder your self your need a proper brake pipe spanner and thay will be f'in tight plus your going to need some brake fluid to bleed the brakes aswell

prices are from a motor spares shop for vx stuff your looking just under twice the price unless you have a trade account

New Poll