corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » SG/FG boots for sunday league

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SG/FG boots for sunday league
messham11

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 06 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
i like messham11

I like you too

Must be something in the air with all these injuries, got stamped on my foot sunday, no break but struggling for the weekend, not happy
--Dave--
Banned

23rd Nov 06 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jelly babies the lot of ya
MarkM

23rd Nov 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
do you play on nice pitches?

Yes there nice...flat and covered in short grass (no bald patches etc)...

Most grounds we play at have some sort of groundsman to look after the pitch etc
MarkM

23rd Nov 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by messham11
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
quote:
I have a pair of moulded copa mundials and I wear them in all conditions, never slip or anything, .

I fail to see how you can peform at 100% on a wet soft pitch with moulded copa's on...you simply could not turn quickly...

The only way you could do that was if you was going through the motions and not trying...

To say you never slip is a joke being honest

Not really mate!! I should know Im the one wearing them. We got a local shithole where the grass is long and pitch full of mud and I can honestly say I dont slip. I have worn them the past year and have NEVER changed them.
So its not a joke and playing Centre Back in the Premier Division you cant really go 'through the motions'

Playing centre back in some obscure amateur league isnt exactly the bigtime my friend...

But anyway its the taking part that counts isnt it...

Are we on about 'The Bigtime' anyway?

I used to actually but injuries pretty much ruined any chance I had. Was still playing semi-pro till a few years ago but enjoyed the local leagues 10x better! Doesnt matter what standard of football you play at, I dont think 99% of people go through the motions, only maybe the 'Bigtime Charlies'

Our pitch is sweet-as, the 'England' pitch at the George Pitcher, right near Burnham Beeches Hotel. Was opened by Graham Taylors England team. Costs a fair bit but worth it. Grass is always short and one drop of rain and games are off. Thats how i always wear moulds!!

So what your saying is as soon as it rains the games called off?

IMHO thats not a sign of a "good" pitch...its water drainage must be disgraceful...
messham11

23rd Nov 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For christ sakes NO that was a slight exageration. Just saying unlike some places where it pisses down all day/night and they still let people play and then ruin the pitch, they dont. The drainage is fine thanks, they just call games off so the pitches do not get ruined.
--Dave--
Banned

24th Nov 06 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our ground has a groundsman still in shoot condition though.
MarkM

24th Nov 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
our ground has a groundsman still in shoot condition though.

P45 for him?
--Dave--
Banned

24th Nov 06 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not his fault to be honest. It's just a playing field with 5 or 6 pitches marked on it. Golfers tend to walk around them hitting balls back and forth when they're not in use. Dogs shoot over them, kids play on them etc...
MarkM

24th Nov 06 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aaah so thre not private pitches?

Right ok...I understand now...all the pitches we play at are private with only that team playing on them...

RyanSxi

24th Nov 06 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ours is private but so far this season been to about 3 or 4 away games and most of em are parks etc. very annoying when our pitch is such a high standard
messham11

24th Nov 06 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
ours is private but so far this season been to about 3 or 4 away games and most of em are parks etc. very annoying when our pitch is such a high standard

Same with us, last 3 games with been to this place we call Dogsh*t Park. Is about 10 pitches and all the groundsman does is turn up pissed and tell everyone where theyre playing and give out the nets.
RyanSxi

24th Nov 06 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh we have a park near us with like 8 pitches on. all crap pitches with tyre marks on and holes and leaves etc. hope not my teams in our div use that as there "home ground"
--Dave--
Banned

24th Nov 06 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi

Same with us, last 3 games with been to this place we call Dogsh*t Park. Is about 10 pitches and all the groundsman does is turn up pissed and tell everyone where theyre playing and give out the nets.

LMAO

Me and a mate get up earlier on a sunday and get there first (when we're at home). Love putting up the nets etc before a game
RyanSxi

24th Nov 06 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have to carry the posts (not even gonna guess how far, isn't amazingly far but damn they are heavu lol)
--Dave--
Banned

24th Nov 06 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ours are already in the ground. ner ner ner ner nerr
messham11

24th Nov 06 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When were at home I get there about an hour before and put our brand new green/white striped nets up You get what you pay for though. We pay a fair bit but its private and well looked after. That place I was on about is a council pitch and costs half of what we pay. Normally only lower league teams play there, but a local private place shut down so I take it they were the only pitches available.
--Dave--
Banned

24th Nov 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think we pay around £800 a year for our pitch which isn't too bad really. They could be a lot lot worse.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » SG/FG boots for sunday league 23 database queries in 0.0136881 seconds