corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » BT Home hub, anyone got one?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BT Home hub, anyone got one?
liveseytowers

User status: Offline
21st Nov 06 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've finally got round to chaning my ISP. I've been with Pipex for a couple of years and never had a problem with them. I was paying £24 a month for a 1meg line though so when BT upgraded my exchange i wanted a upgrade on my speed but Pipex customer services have been usless! Shame they can't spend money on its service instead of the hoff

Anyway, cancelled it today and gone with BT, £27 a month for 7meg with a 40gig allowance and a free home hub. Get free off peaks calls though my broadband as well which all sounds OK especially as I get free broadband from work

Has anyone ever used a homehub before? Also, is anyone else with BT and how strict are they on their 40gig a month policy as I might stray over that every now and again! The hub looks cool so I can have it in a better position in my front room than my old USR one which is stuff behing the sofa.
drunkenfool

21st Nov 06 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I changed my mum's package from 2 meg to up to 8 meg, and she got the home hub with it but hasnt installed it yet. ill be playing with it over xmas, so cant help ya yet mate sorry!
Mistamist

21st Nov 06 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tiscali just sent me a letter saying that from 2007 they will be providing free anytime calls and line rental and 8mb B-band for £20 a month. seeing as i have just installed a line at my sisters i think i will be taking this when available.
gavin18787
Premium Member

21st Nov 06 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have signed up for it

just waiting for it to come through

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
liveseytowers

28th Nov 06 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
we have signed up for it

just waiting for it to come through

Bit of a bump this but mine arrived today and its quite good. Hub looks fair clean in the front room, they don't show the antenna that you need to have sticking up though to get a decent signal on any of the adverts! Really easy to set up, didn't bother with the CD that came (didn't want all that crappy yahoo stuff installing on my PC) so just connected to the hub, entered my network key and job done. As simple as that

The wireless signal isnt as good as my USR router but as it looks nicer I can have it on display in the front room instead of stuffed behind the sofa. The phone pairs up with the hub nice and easy as well and i'm using my broadband to make phone calls now.

Overall fair happy with it, feel a bit of a fraud having a BT home hub as its not geek cool but fook it. It looks good and it works and was free so i'll not complain

Would recommend it to anyone

Most boring post of the year comes to an end hahaha

New Poll