corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » First post in this room for me

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First post in this room for me
Jules S
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Nov 06 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not really a geeky bloke.....i've always maintained computers are here to help me do my job, not do it for me.

However, I espied a 21" applemac this afternoon that got me wondering. It was circa £1400

It's a silly question I guess....but I'm beginning to wonder whether its worth shelling out the same ££££ on an HD TV when (In less than five years I hear) we will all be watching our 'TV' via the interweb

Any thoughts?

Sorry if its been done before
Nismo

12th Nov 06 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TV via the net will be in less than a year. but 95% of the UK wont get it via phone lines till the whole UK network is reproduced in ethernet and fibre this will be a few years. Myself id get a TV now.

John

13th Nov 06 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get a very nice pc for 1400 quid.

You could get a 32" lcd and a pc or even a mac mini for that budget.

Even if you are watching tv via the internet will you not want a big screen to watch it on?
Teknologikal

13th Nov 06 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of people are turning to 'TV on demand'.

I have a PC wired up to my TV over wireless network so my internet downloads are stashed on NAS into my router and I can pick them up in my living room to watch them. eg. New episode of Lost, download it, stash it on NAS drive(s) pull it over wireless into the TV......works a treat.
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know if I would like watching TV on my computer? I guess if it was set up in the lounge with a big screen it would be no different, which I suppose is the idea.

In which case a nice big TV would still be used so not a waste of money.

New Poll