corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Euro Corsa van Update7/2/09 FINAL EVER UPDATE...again

New Poll
  <<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Euro Corsa van Update7/2/09 FINAL EVER UPDATE...again
mantamark

User status: Offline
6th Sep 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG

Got to love the way these questions are being asked - its as if your life depends on it, or he is personally offending you by making changes to his car

I was bored last night, and he was answering questions, i worded them like that because im sick of getting wrong off people for saying i dont like bits on his van

I have much respect for going against the grain, and there are certain aspects of the car i like, but certain bits i dont like, and as i said earlier, i voice my opinions, because if people dont want to hear them, they shouldnt post on the internet.

Anyways, im looking forward to seeing the new pics, with the new rims especially.
J20N0 G

7th Sep 08 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks shit hot and i love it.
also love the fact that you corsa sport boys all get your tampons twisted because its not got a gsi kit and speedlines.

the lads had more mag features than hot dinners, let him work his magic and youll be the ones sat there wishing youd had the balls to do something other than the norm.

sick blud brapbrap

[Edited on 07-09-2008 by J20N0 G]
Charlton

7th Sep 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J20N0 G
looks shit hot and i love it.
also love the fact that you corsa sport boys all get your tampons twisted because its not got a gsi kit and speedlines.

[Edited on 07-09-2008 by J20N0 G]

i also think this is funny, everyone telling jimmy what to do but does he hell listen
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

8th Sep 08 at 06:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

the old 'gsi kit and speedlines line' get with the times
ed

8th Sep 08 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, get with the times. CS is about rusty bonnets, bonnet bras and wheels that have the wrong offset.
Butler

8th Sep 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was gonna say, its funny everyone is actually saying 'I love how your doing your own thing, not listening to all the corsasport guys telling you what to do' No one has slated the car in the thread, only some constructive critisism.
jr

8th Sep 08 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

the lads had more mag features than hot dinners, let him work his magic and youll be the ones sat there wishing youd had the balls to do something other than the norm.

Butler

8th Sep 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cos we all aspire to get a mag feature. I must admit that is and always has been my aim in life.
Joe-Tait

8th Sep 08 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

jimmy 2.1

8th Sep 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
I was gonna say, its funny everyone is actually saying 'I love how your doing your own thing, not listening to all the corsasport guys telling you what to do' No one has slated the car in the thread, only some constructive critisism.

But a few have though. One springs to mind, which went along the lines of "Looks gay, should have done it in pink, purple and grey camo". Right constructive is that I'm not bothered that people don't like it, as i know its not going to be to some peoples tastes. The only thing is that bothers me when people say comments like the above, yet won't do it themselves, or say its shit, when clearly time, thought, money and effort has gone into it. Not a car thats crashed through Halfords - thats shit!

And i haven't really listened to anyone. There's been a few who said i should do this, that and the other, and keep repeating themselves in the hope that i'll do it. If i listened to what comments have been left in the past, i wouldn't have modified a van! Or I'd have probably ended up with it when i first bought it, with a standard Corsavan on Cav GSI wheels. But i suppose thats why i differ from most people on here. I wanted to build something that gave me the oppertunities to take my van to shows here and abroad. The mag features have come along with what i've done, not what i've set up.

And Jono's comment has made the reaction you'd expect!

Jono, make 'em have it! Although you really need to get with the times! Its not Speedlines anymore! Cesaero's now old pal!

[Edited on 08-09-2008 by jimmy 2.1]
jungle

8th Sep 08 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy 2.1
quote:
Originally posted by Butler

But a few have though. One springs to mind, which went along the lines of "Looks gay, should have done it in pink, purple and grey camo". Right constructive is that I'm not bothered that people don't like it, as i know its not going to be to some peoples tastes. The only thing is that bothers me when people say comments like the above, yet won't do it themselves, or say its shit, when clearly time, thought, money and effort has gone into it. Not a car thats crashed through Halfords - thats shit!

And i haven't really listened to anyone. There's been a few who said i should do this, that and the other, and keep repeating themselves in the hope that i'll do it. If i listened to what comments have been left in the past, i wouldn't have modified a van! Or I'd have probably ended up with it when i first bought it, with a standard Corsavan on Cav GSI wheels. But i suppose thats why i differ from most people on here. I wanted to build something that gave me the oppertunities to take my van to shows here and abroad. The mag features have come along with what i've done, not what i've set up.

And Jono's comment has made the reaction you'd expect!

Jono, make 'em have it! Although you really need to get with the times! Its not Speedlines anymore! Cesaero's now old pal!

[Edited on 08-09-2008 by jimmy 2.1]
that was me that said that tbh am all one for people doing there own thing my comment was'nt ment to be constructive no one listen's to me anyway

but i still thinpink purple and grey camo would be absolute mint

**run's away to play with photoshop**
unionjack30

8th Sep 08 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it looks proper smart. Love the star and that wheel colour looks perfect with the green!
Sep86

8th Sep 08 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Compliments for the works

I want to ask you:

where do you taken this?
jimmy 2.1

8th Sep 08 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thankyou!

They're from a Mk1 Astra (Kadette)
boyracer2002

9th Sep 08 at 06:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont like it think it would look better with speedlines and a gsi kit

only messin mate, u coming up in it today or on the bike?
FlamingCorsa

9th Sep 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Iaz, i can't polish it as like you said, it'll go shiney. All i have to do is wash is and towel it dry

now thats my kind of car............. no messing with polish, love it! hehe

All Torque

9th Sep 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest here... I don't like the idea of changing the colour or everything on the van so soon after a magazine feature. That was a pretty daft move. Also, the white van + rusty bonnet + chequred steelies was like a 'trademark', if someone said those three mods to me I'd know instantly they were talking about your van.

I just think the colour it was for the feature was spot on and the styling was awesome, and you could have put this 'camo' affair onto another corsa. I do LIKE this camo look, the colour is spot on.... but did you need to do it A) to your van and B) so soon?

jimmy 2.1

9th Sep 08 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A) Yes i did, and B) yes i did.

The van was featured four times in the pearl white (twice for Fast Car, onec for a German mag, and once for some American online mag), so it was nothing new in the show circuit anymore. I wanted to change its appearance for me as its something i'd always thought about doing, so why not?
SteveW

9th Sep 08 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and to go with your theme...

have said before about changing your steering wheel. and this is a uk based company Mr Chillis Drop Shop..

Get one of these for your car..

AWESOME
boyracer2002

10th Sep 08 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
To be honest here... I don't like the idea of changing the colour or everything on the van so soon after a magazine feature. That was a pretty daft move. Also, the white van + rusty bonnet + chequred steelies was like a 'trademark', if someone said those three mods to me I'd know instantly they were talking about your van.

I just think the colour it was for the feature was spot on and the styling was awesome, and you could have put this 'camo' affair onto another corsa. I do LIKE this camo look, the colour is spot on.... but did you need to do it A) to your van and B) so soon?

i know what you mean about the change so soon after the shoot i would have taken it out for a month like that while its in the shops BUT i did the same, if someone was to mention something such as the split bonnet, wide arched flip corsa or something along those lines for 3 years or longer everyone would have known it was my car - i then changed it to hydros, 20s etc and everyone still knew that way too - its the van and only van i know of out which is modded so everyone will know this - all you need to do is mention the completely smoothed back end and people will know this van anyway
opelbuck2000

10th Sep 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thankyou!

They're from a Mk1 Astra (Kadette)

3dr ones?? what did you do with the fronts mate? used rears or cut a pair of wings about?
jimmy 2.1

10th Sep 08 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah 3 door ones. Got them new at a panal place local. Cut them out of the sheet they came on, and had time to play with them
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Sep 08 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there all 4 off the rear of a mk1 though arent they jimmy?

love the car and cant wait for the wheels, have u measured to see if they will fit of they gone be made to fit
jimmy 2.1

10th Sep 08 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rears at the moment are ET11 so the new rears are going to poke another 11mm. The fronts are ET 30 (ish) but they'll poke another 20mm!

As for the arches i think they're fronts, but two of each side, but i can find out for deffinate
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Sep 08 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u cant get them for the front jimmy as there just part of the wings.

<<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Euro Corsa van Update7/2/09 FINAL EVER UPDATE...again 23 database queries in 0.2007890 seconds