corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Budget Project - Corsa LS

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Budget Project - Corsa LS
Rachel H

User status: Offline
28th Feb 07 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No later C16SE has MAP sensor and has a coil pack
EarlofBarnet

10th Mar 07 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update - 10th March:

Unfortunately still not there, but hopefully soon!

Progress: Wiring loom to join Corsa body loom and Nova's engine loom should be finished tomorrow and fitted. Fitted the last water hose. Also fitted some mudflaps and my bonnet lifters.

Speedo cable is a headache as there is little room to work in now, but should get it sorted soon. Also need to sort the brake vacuum pipe, trip to a scrap yard me thinks.

Anyway, enjoy
The two looms that need joined:

Mud flaps:

Bonnet lifters:
sam13

11th Mar 07 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good progress bud what paint have you used or your head and cam box i have just cleaned my head up wasnt sure weather to put it back on as it is or paint it take a look bud

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=340805&pid=4439944#pid4439944
EarlofBarnet

11th Mar 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used Halfords own High Temerature paint (does up to 500 degrees Celcius). One of my mates used Hammerite paint (just the normal stuff) and its never reacted or flacked. If I was to paint an engine up again I'd probably go for Hammerite.

Today's progress
One wiring loom finished! Will plus it in tomorrow and see what happens. All wires have been soldered, then had heat shrink tubing put over the top to seal it, then electrical tape (rated to 600 degress celcius). Also put some factory wiring loom cover over the top to tidy it up

And FINISHED:
Mark330d

11th Mar 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good, what do you reckon its cost you so far?
sam13

11th Mar 07 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice neat work.
EarlofBarnet

12th Mar 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not 100% sure how much in total, not much though. Engine was £100, parts to rebuild probably another £50 max. Paint £10. So probably under £200. Not bad really for going from 45bhp to 98bhp
novadiamond

17th Mar 07 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

running yet??
EarlofBarnet

25th Mar 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish! End of the financial year at work, so doing silly hours at the moment (although getting paid well!). Wiring loom now fitted and spend a few hours cleaning it...

Not quite as much progress as I'd have liked, but with the nice weather it was an excuse to clean the bus:

CS stickers fitted

New wheels

New tailgate with spoiler

Also: wet the car, washed with Autoglym shampoo, rinsed, klay bar'd, washed again, rinsed, and chamied dry. Then Zymol cleaner wax'd, and finally Autoglym deep gloss polish. Also polished the glass, used Autoglym interior cleaner throughout the interior. She's clean again, lol!
sam13

25th Mar 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good pal hey that was a good find on the tailgate with spoiler the same colour. mine is also built back up just needs timing belt and pullys fitting i hope both ours starts well.
EarlofBarnet

26th Mar 07 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me too Sam!

Otherwise it'll be a complete strip down, full respray and a valver
shauny bizzle

26th Mar 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lookin smart m8
sam13

26th Mar 07 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by EarlofBarnet
Me too Sam!

Otherwise it'll be a complete strip down, full respray and a valver

im sure it will these 8'v's are bullet proof i just realised though when i torqed my head down i didnt put any silicone in the cambox as they dont use a gasket do they?
EarlofBarnet

27th Mar 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no gasket on them, but I put a bit of sealant on there just incase. It'll be ok though, they didn't seem to have anything on from the factory.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Mar 07 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GET IT STARTED

I want these parts picked up in this very automobile!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
sam13

27th Mar 07 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer there wasnt anything from factory when i striped it well just an update for you drained the nasty oil out put new oil n filter on timed it up ran it without the leads on to get oil round the engine and then put leads on and it started 1st turn of the key instantly no more tons of white smoke anymore runs sweet 'well so far' just a ew more bits n bobs to do know and it will be a 100% runner
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=340805

sorry if iv spamed your thread

[Edited on 27-03-2007 by sam13]

[Edited on 27-03-2007 by sam13]
sam13

27th Mar 07 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

time to get yours running know feller i have faith!
EarlofBarnet

1st Apr 07 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update 31st March:

Job done!

Spent a good few hours yesterday on the car...and its finished! Everything is now set-up, connected up etc. Job done. Will be charging the battery up today (as it seeemed a bit limp yesterday) and then job should be a good one

Pics:

Still need to fill with coolant and check the gearbox oil level, but will do that today. Got another silicone hose to fit anyway. Will also try and pick up a Corsa SRi brake vacuum pipe, as the old one looks a bit ill fitted, other than that I think I'm quite happy with it all. Still got to sort the exhaust, but if it starts then I'll get it down to Exhaust Craft and let them make something up for it. Also got the 16v fuel pump to fit, but another quick and easy fix.

Might be able to drive this project soon, really looking forward to it! The good weather recently has been making me really want to get the car finished.
sam13

1st Apr 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good man pal let us know if it fires up alright
EarlofBarnet

1st Apr 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well...it won't start! Starter motor is clicking in, but nothing happens. Looks like some of the wiring is wrong somewhere, but not sure where yet. Will spend the evenings this week checking that everything goes where it should etc and hopefully get to the bottom of it. All good fun

Pics:

New wheels on. Tyres are slighty too high a profile, but they'll do for the time being. Imagine them in white with lower profile tyres

Standard back lights on too (clear ones have gone!)

The job continues...
EarlofBarnet

7th Apr 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Solved the problem with the starter motor not working, the earth was on one of the terrminals instead of earthing on the starter mount to g'box. Job done. So now it turns over...but won't start. There is no spark coming from the coil (tried 3 coils too). Going back up tomorrow to investigate further.

In the meantime:

Back on axlestands

Fitted a boot badge!
sam13

8th Apr 07 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

atleast your making progress keep goin bud were is the new boot with spoiler?
EarlofBarnet

8th Apr 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks to Mr.Rocket and his mate, the car now runs! I'm over the fcuking moon! Turned out the distributor was at fault, sorted now though. Going to sort the exhaust tomorrow and then I'll be back on the road

Gave it a polish today and used some Autglym bumper gel on the bumpers and arches.

Sam13 I've took all the bits off the new boot. So its ready for me to smooth over the boot lock and the wiper hole. Then on to the bodyshop and to get fitted
Mark330d

8th Apr 07 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate.
EarlofBarnet

9th Apr 07 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Mark

New tailgate with spoiler will be next thing to do, and will probably paint the wing mirrors white too. Not sure about the GSI kit tho, think it looks quite good with the black bumpers.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Budget Project - Corsa LS 24 database queries in 0.1178949 seconds