corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yamaha r6

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yamaha r6
antscorsa

User status: Offline
8th Nov 06 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sv650 a very good bike to learn with, very popular!!!

think what he is saying damio that at 2k the r6 is a good price etc.
but its true that bies are alot harder to sue than people think!!!
Ojc

8th Nov 06 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with what Daimen says about the speed thing, I used to love riding my RS50 because it used to handle well, and brake well, and I enjoyed it.

Don't go getting a sports bike for your first bike, bad idea. Get a 125 to start with, excellent starting point.
antscorsa

8th Nov 06 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ncie rs125 in classifieds, might sound tinny but is a good start to the world of biking
Ben J

8th Nov 06 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want advice on bikes, speak to the bikers.......its simple.

Everything that VXR says makes sense.

[Edited on 08-11-2006 by bjackso2x]
stevegreetham

8th Nov 06 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the comments guys, and cheers VXR, taken your comments on board.
Just to let you know, i dont just want one to travel at 150mph every where, dont want to give that impression off
Daimo B

9th Nov 06 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, i know thats how it seems now, but wait till your on the road, and you have an open bit... Its practially impossibile to resist...

Its a good price, but i'd be more inclind to buy it, sell it, use the profit i'd made to pay for all my test, all my bike gear (leathers, gloves, boots, back protection, helmet etc), then get a smaller chaper bike that didn't matter so much if it gets dropped/crash...

This is a repost, but what i mean by new riders.....

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vauxhall/off-topic-discussions/289234-motorbike-hit-car-155mph.html
Cybermonkey

9th Nov 06 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo that bike holy fuck
stevegreetham

9th Nov 06 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo, you speak sense mate. Taken your comments on board and that post just made me feel ill.
I know what you mean about the temptation, its the same with everything.
I think i might start off small but not 100% decided yet. Really wouldnt want to leave the mrs alone + want to start a family in a few years
Ojc

9th Nov 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think those pics are fake of the bike in the Golf, the rear tyre isn't even burst.

If you hit a car at 155mph the bike would disapear.
Tom

9th Nov 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
Go for it mate, really nice looking bike!

ideally want to get one myself when i have a full licence!

Whats wrong with an R6 for a 1st bike VXR? people gota start somewhere

might be a powerful bike, im sure he will take it easy enough till he gets used to the power

At 21 everyone is moaning about cars being to dangerous....

Yet a 155mph bike, high 11's on the 1/4, yup, thats fine.....

New riders, heres some advice..

Start small, learn how to RIDE a bike (thats not goign flat out in a straight line, thats for tarts). LEarn how to ride properly, brakes, lines, moving your weight about, braking while cornering (you think thts easy on a bike, try it, CAREFULLY, or you'll meet the Ditch quite quickly).

Again, im not saying what someone should or shouldn't do, their money, its also their life...........

I've been riding 7 years now, and now are thinking of upgrading to a better weekend bike, but thats the way i've been brought up......

Its young bikers who buy a sports bike, crash it, then its the rest of us bikers that have to take the crap becuase that young rider is just another statistic.........

400's will nto get boring if you ride it properly. If all your interested in doing is 140mph, then get a fast car, why do it on a bike, a bike isn't about top speed, that really means nothing at all. I've known peopel to go froma 750 down to a 400cc because its more flickable and fun.... Esp on a tight twisty road.

And you also wouldn't be asking about fuel

Aye, won't ride it hard, yup, simple blip of the throttle by mistake...... Have you ever even ridden on the road?

Vicki Calvert passed her test, bought an R6, couldn't even turn at a roundabout and sold it...

Learn to ride properly before buying a good bike. Like cars, start small, learnt eh skills, work your way up. Why start halfway up the ladder.......

When you've seen a few accidents, peoples legs wrapped around their head, then you will understand what im saying. And to all those non-bikers with an opinon.... Well....

As i say, its not my life, and im jsut saying what i've learnt, and still learn every single day i ride my bike.

I'll expect the usual shut the fcuk up type comments........ Just because i don't want to see someone kill themselves.......

[Edited on 08-11-2006 by VXR]

Appreciate the point you are trying to make, well sort of.

My mate started off with a rs125 when he was about 17, took about 5 years out and did his test got straight onto his gsxr600 rode it perfectly and 8 months down the line he's got a tl100r riding it fine. Another mate got a ninja 636 (his brother) for his first proper bike same scenario both fine.

My mate sold his old gsxr to this 19 yr old lad (who was gonna use it as a track bike) he got killed on his apprilla rs125 last weekend doing an estimated 28mph basically his road positioning was all wrong and was hugging the kerb and didn't see a car doing a u-turn (on a main road) and he hit it.

Point i'm trying to make is you can get experience on a big or small bike as long as your not a tearaway idiot (& also people driving cars are always gonna be a danger).

I don;t think there's anything wrong with jumping straight onto a sports style 600, you are still well capable of killing yourself on a sv or a bandit 600, you may start rambling that the touring style bikes are more forgiving but a new rider on either shouldn't be trying to put it anywhere near the limit end of.

Tom

9th Nov 06 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That post on mig is laughable aswell, did police investegators not remove it for evidnce
Ojc

9th Nov 06 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Killed doing 28mph? How?
Daimo B

9th Nov 06 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good valied points Tom and your right completely what your saying.

My old mans been riding 30 years now. 4 weeks ago he was hit on his Benelli Tornado by a car trying to cut accross traffic (Lights, X roads, car tried to beat the on-coming traffic). As a result, my Dads £15,000 bike is now a write off, dad has over 20 breaks in 1 of his legs, 2 broken ribs, and has now got 1 leg shorter than the other. My dad was doing about 20mph. He's all pinned and plated up. I've even got x-ray pics on my phone (he'll be alright, its pretty meadioca in terms of his lifes injuries )

A lot of the problems are car drivers, but it f-ing does my nut in seeing new riders going out and hammering it down the road.

Granted not all people are the same, you get your sensible lot, and your complete fools. But its much easier to control a smaller bike than it is a larger bike. My SV is a lardy turd really, but as you say, its a lot more forgiving to ride than a sports bike. Its also much cheaper to repair should you have an accident....

As i've said though, its the way i've been brought up, others will have a different view, i just don't want to see another new rider end up as just another statistic. Its SO easy to make the smallest mistake which could cost you your life. Much easier to learn to ride to try to avoid these situations if you start off of a smaller, lighter more flickable bike as you have more control. Then as you learn how to control it, move onto something bigger heavier and faster and put what you've learned to practice.

[Edited on 09-11-2006 by VXR]
Tom

9th Nov 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Killed doing 28mph? How?

'Esztimated' he was tootling along a main road which has a slight outward camber and a 40degree bend to the left, he was hugging kerb and a car just started doing a u-turn after the corner he tried to brake apparantley but smashed into it and off a wall and bike land on him apparantley (head injuries).
alli Ronald

9th Nov 06 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its true that you could buy an R6 or supersports bike and ride it fine, a little too much throttle though and you could be waking up in a hedge.. or worse. with an SV/Hornet etc the throttle isnt quite so sensitive / suspension not so hard etc so inexperienced riders can make 'ham fisted' movements without too much trouble (dependant upon the situation)
also - the R6 has a reputation as being alittle unstable, wicked fast, they are easy to wheely and have terrible tank slappers on them (i had a steering damper fitted)
If i were you - id give it a swerve, there are plenty of bikes out there for £2k that would suit you more,

and dont think "oh its a 600 sports - itll be the same as any other 600" cos thats just plain wrong.
Tom

9th Nov 06 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair points daimo/ali, suppose it's alot to do with confidence aswell, too much your gonna hurt yourself, too little same applies
BabyBlade

9th Nov 06 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think 400's will ever get boring. If they do your riding it wrong.

I miss my 400 for the shear fact it just handled so damn well, despite what some people think there not that much slower on acceleration to a 6, just mainly top end proved that when i went for a rideout with two R6's.

As for an R6 for a first bike, two of my mates did this this year, the one dropped it but nothing serious, wouldn't recommend them as first bikes as theyre very rev happy.

I'd go for a nice RVF/VFR personally a lot less forgiving and will definately still put a grin on your face from ear to ear
Daimo B

9th Nov 06 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You seen the new 636 colour? Camera doesn't pick it up, its speckled... It looks stunning under light...

Say cheeeeeseeee...

The rest of the NEC pictures....

http://public.fotki.com/daimob/general_me_-_pastti/nec-bike-show-06/
BabyBlade

9th Nov 06 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
You seen the new 636 colour? Camera doesn't pick it up, its speckled... It looks stunning under light...

Say cheeeeeseeee...

The rest of the NEC pictures....

http://public.fotki.com/daimob/general_me_-_pastti/nec-bike-show-06/

Yeah sat on that too, really not sure about the colour, very out there for a normal japanese sports bike imo

Couldnt decided between the new Zx6 or CBR6, was back and fourth between the two stands for ages but the Honda's got my vote, the Kawa is nice though.

Ended up doing a ride out on a 1200 V-twin '06 Harley davidson NightRod, that was awesome!! They do 0-60 the same as my bike couldnt believe how fast they were considering the weight of them

Did the supermoto school and of course the mini motos again, was a good day, shame about the thunderdome (sp?) imo wasn't that spectacular at all
Ojc

9th Nov 06 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a lovely pic Damien.
City

9th Nov 06 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too sexy
Daimo B

9th Nov 06 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Babyblade.... Didn't do the rideout or SuperMotos, was mainly up there for clothing after my "off" middle of this year (boots are leaking and cold )..

Had to have a go on the MM though... 7th quickest on the day but a few more laps would have seen me in the 1.18's (some nipper went round in a 1.17!!!!)

Donna took another one, much lower, but come out blurrey. On touched my knee down once though, and back end errr "slid" out quite a bit. mini highside

Had to stop myself going on again.. Then went home and had a play with a few cars(in astra) instead

TVR - 3 - VXR 0
350Z SC (Nismo) 5 - VXR - 1

BabyBlade

9th Nov 06 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol 1.18?? you on about the mini moto's this year, as my fastest lap was 21.29 and that was with traffic?

last year was 25.09 however pretty sure the track was slightly different this year, had the ninth fastest lap as well

Me and my mate are competetive when it comes to bikes especially mini motos!! Beat him last year, however he pulled a faster lap by 0.2 seconds this year - bastard!!

yeah all i bought was some winter gloves and jacket

just got sent this in an email its related to bikes so http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/sports/Load_Your_Bike/
Daimo B

9th Nov 06 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry yeah 18 seconds....

You sound like me, VERY competitive when it comes to racing

Errr, got me some booties, new jacket, 3 layers, its the nuts (Frank Thomas), and some wicked gloves with a wipey bit for cleanign the visor actually sewn in £450 worse off. Bugger.....
Tom

9th Nov 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo that 636 colour is nice, colour looks like mates KTM super moto 650 single jobby.

I prefer the slightly older shape 636 (53 reg)

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Yamaha r6 22 database queries in 0.1910701 seconds