corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Advice: Need to learn about Windows SBS 2003

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice: Need to learn about Windows SBS 2003
Bart

User status: Offline
6th Nov 06 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, we're getting SBS2003 within the next fortnight, and i currently have a colligue who does have some experience with it.
But ive heard through the greatvine she may not be about much longer, which leaves me with it.
I dont know a great deal about it, but when the computing company comes to impliment this, they will be showing me how its all setup etc, adding new users, setting shares, login scripts etc etc.

I currently dont know a great deal about SBS.
Is it easy to get to grips with? exchange etc?

If anyone knows for any free resources, or websites where i can download literature for beginners, please say.

Suggestions welcome
James_DT

6th Nov 06 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure how SBS differs, but Standard and Enterprise are both easy enough to set up. Most things have wizards, but even if you choose to do it the manual way it's still not hard to get to grips with. Don't know about Exchange, though.
Bart

6th Nov 06 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we wont be setting up to begin with, it will be done by the other company.

I have set SBS 2003 on a spare machine at home, setup a user account, conencted to it with my machine and setup sharepoint, so i suppose im half way there.
Im just starting to worry a little
James_DT

6th Nov 06 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't really do anything that can't be undone or corrected, so I wouldn't worry too much.
If you want to have a bit of a read, I'd look for the O'Reilly Windows Server 2003 books, theres 4 or 5. You can get then in PDF/CHM format from the usual "Special" bookshops.
MarkW

6th Nov 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it really is easy to work with m8, and very easy to setup users etc, and mail, its pretty good for the size of business you work in. just buy a book its fairly explantory itself, but a book will guide you through it fairly well

New Poll