corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Progress on marklaruk outside is vertually done...... pics page 6...looking nice

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Progress on marklaruk outside is vertually done...... pics page 6...looking nice
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
6th Nov 06 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
cool cool

How many corsa's have you put out the door now??

ummmm,

have done jagcorsa
flamingcorsa......carabic blue
flamingcorsa........peppermint green
flamingcorsa.....purple
prowler kitted car........purple one
black corsa with flakes
hitmans
basscrazy car
orange corsa on 19s
weejax car
doing corsa brava

so over 10 i think, not bad when i only started painting for other people around xmas last year!
Colin

6th Nov 06 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool....corsa a month
Colin

6th Nov 06 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could make an offical Flamingcorsa 2007 callender
FlamingCorsa

6th Nov 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
you could make an offical Flamingcorsa 2007 callender

after my early retirment, just got few more corsas to finish then i can have some rest! hehe
marklaruk

6th Nov 06 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
got the doors and bonnet off this afternoon, wanna try get everything rubbed down tonight!!

just dont have much energy at the min!!

worked out roughly at the min i am doing 50hours normally at work and about 30+ on cars a week after hours!!! dont go a day without doing summit on the cars, would be nice to have a propper day off, a day off from chefing is just a day spent doing car things!!! hehe

also mark i been thinking i would leave your interior unpainted cos its way to clean and nice to go putting other colours in!! just my opinion! also i would leave the bump strips off will spoil the lines with them on, will paint them anyway and then u can put them on if u want after?!

less typing more working!!!

haha jk im really impressed with how fast u work lol... i have no idea on it all but seems impressive to me!

I like the idea with the rubstrips if you paint em and i will have a think about it when i get it back home see what i think with and without, just wud rather have marks on them than the body itself lol.

Inside hmm i have big plans inside like a 7" screen where the heater controls are and im doing all the dials aswell, also lil led screens at the top of the b pillar with the song im playing ... if ya do that random piece of interior with all the exterior plastics i will have a look coz i think it wud look really nice if done well (which i failed to do lol). I don't think the colour is too in your face and with a nice bit of lacquer on it would look sweet...

[Edited on 06-11-2006 by marklaruk]

[Edited on 06-11-2006 by marklaruk]
powey

6th Nov 06 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happens when you take the center heater out for the screen?
wont this stop the rest working?
marklaruk

6th Nov 06 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no all the controls are gona be relocated
powey

6th Nov 06 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds complicated lol
you will have to follow on this thread!
marklaruk

6th Nov 06 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bro is a whizz with electrics and stuff he has some good ideas lol

were thinking where the clock is have button which control servos to change the fan settings... or something like that.

will be sweet
davey_jack

6th Nov 06 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this looks like it will be nice when its done!
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklaruk
no all the controls are gona be relocated

I have moved my heater controls to the glove box and it was a right balla che as the cables that connect on to the controls are not that long and dont bend very well. I cant even get the heat 1 to connect.

Good luck with getting it to work though
Tomnova16
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work iaz as always, just a little tip to get filler work super smooth. Sand back all the paint from the area you want to fill and then feater back the paint in layers so there is about 2 fingers width between each layer, this will give it a gradual slope so will be even smoother. Then apply the filler to the bare metal. Give it a go, the bigger the gap between the layers the better.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Gregor

7th Nov 06 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am so jealous ! I love all these threads and think that your self-taught knowledge is amazing.

Well done !
FlamingCorsa

7th Nov 06 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
good work iaz as always, just a little tip to get filler work super smooth. Sand back all the paint from the area you want to fill and then feater back the paint in layers so there is about 2 fingers width between each layer, this will give it a gradual slope so will be even smoother. Then apply the filler to the bare metal. Give it a go, the bigger the gap between the layers the better.

will try that, beardy always tell me to grind back to metal more, i just get scared that i will cause rust.............

thanx for advice tom, also gonna get some of that lifting tape u said about, which width should i get?? i noticed u using the clear one on the gsi?? so i get that one or thinner or thicker one???
j7 gkk

7th Nov 06 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when doing any repair or any filling your always best to grind where you are repairing gives the filler a better key
Tomnova16
Premium Member

7th Nov 06 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't worry about it rusting, the metal won't rust under the filler unless you trap moisture under it, even a sweaty hand print. any bare metal after filler work spray with a good etch primer before high build primer. i always use u-pol acid 8 its really good and comes in a can so dries quickly.
the best thing with the lifting tape is to get in in different sizes and see which one fits best as all rubber gaps are different

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Benn

7th Nov 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to be rude or anything, but you really should fill on to bare metal,
the hole bit dont look like that...
j7 gkk

7th Nov 06 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest your best off staying away from spraying etch primer ontop of filler then putting high builer on, depending on the highbuild it can react with the etch, and in some cases your topcoat, espesially with basecoat can crozzle around where the etch has been, i only use etch on fibre glass and new metal panels never to do repairs with, but thats just in my experience and like tomnova says the only way that it will rust through is if you get condensation under the filler or you prime something and leave it outside without applying topcoat then it will rust through
FlamingCorsa

8th Nov 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SOME MORE PROGRESS!!!!

had a busy morning, sorted me shed out last night and moved stuff around and started priming this morning! plastic primed all the plastics and then covered most of the parts in 2k primer!

all good so far!

here are some pics:-

Marc

8th Nov 06 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colour is it going? Or is it a surprise?
lee mitchell

8th Nov 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a feeling it will flakes in it whos is the white one iaz? and wot headlights are on it?
City

8th Nov 06 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blue
FlamingCorsa

8th Nov 06 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee mitchell
ive got a feeling it will flakes in it whos is the white one iaz? and wot headlights are on it?

the white one is a disaster!!!! its mine i am sad to say!!!!! saxo lights, clio rears, all fitter sooooo badly, also spot the roof scoop etc!!! hehehehe

its going nice classy europa blue, i know its been used on the vx220! really nice deep blue colour with quite alot of pearl in it!
lee mitchell

8th Nov 06 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought they were saxo ones. saw the car on mig a while ago i think
marklaruk

8th Nov 06 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooh progress pics... oooo lookin amazin m8!! really coming along nicely this is!!!

U got a pic of the paint m8? If not don't bother i will just wait until it's on the car!

Thx for the progress pics

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Progress on marklaruk outside is vertually done...... pics page 6...looking nice 24 database queries in 0.0137911 seconds