corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Losing all sound

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Losing all sound
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Oct 06 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Headunit will randomly cut out and give out no sound (only bass when the sub and amp are connected). It is not losing power as the cd or radio carrys on playing.

Fitted another headunit the other day and the problem still happens with it. Im thinking it must be a bad connection somewhere but it seems strange as there is no crackles or anything its like someone has simply muted the sound

Only other therory was that its the earth, but i would have thought if this was the case the headunit would lose power as well or if it was a short the fuse would blow

ideas please

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
JayT

26th Oct 06 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres the earth connected too, i had this problem where the sound was low! i hadnt removed the paint where i had bolted my earth so i filed it down to the metal and then rebolted it, wrked fine then!
BarnshaW

27th Oct 06 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check its earthed ok. check connections to head unit.
richysport

27th Oct 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this has happened to mine the cd player is working fine but no sound coming out the speakers
daz_SRi

28th Oct 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happened to mine when i fitted upgraded front speakers.

after a bit of investigation i found out the speaker terminals were shorting out on the door causing all the sound to cut out until you turned ignition off and back on and once you went over a bump or round a corner the terminals would touch the door cutting the sound again. I just simply(and carefully) bended the terminals down so they were clear of the door
gavin18787
Premium Member

28th Oct 06 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its running the standard earth from the loom that it came with. I have now hooked up an earth that i know is good (the one used for my amp)

Its been fine so far.

If not il have a look at the door speakers.

Cheers guys

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
N3CRO

1st May 07 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats happened to me a couple of times too although I'm not running any amps or subs.

New Poll