corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Injectors sticking open and overfueling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Injectors sticking open and overfueling
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Oct 06 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car died completly today when i was out driving it. I was taking it for a test drive to see if fitting a new distributor and ignition moduel had cured the cutting out problem. Turned out it hadent. I called out the RAC to get my car home but we managed to get it started again after alot of fiddling. However it did cut out two more times on the way home.
The RAC tested for sparks and found that it was still sparking when it cut out so this ruled out the distributor and ignition module.
He then looked under the injector housing at the injector whilst it was running and found that when the car was cutting out the injector was staying open and overfueling causing it to cut out.

So this has narrowed it down to either a faulty injector or a sensor. I am inclined to think that it would be the injector rather then a sensor because the other week it had a diagnostics test and no faults showed up.
Although if a sensor is at faults which ones would i need to look at?

I am eventually getting to the bottom of this problem, Or be it very slowly

Thanks for looking Gavin

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Oct 06 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replaced the whole unit today which included all the sensors and fuel regulator etc.

Still dont work

so the only things left to replace are the MAP sensor, coolent sensor or the ECU itself

[Edited on 20-10-2006 by gavin18787]

gavin18787
Premium Member

20th Oct 06 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick udate to say the issue is now solved

If anyone is having the same problem its a good idea to check your coolent temp sensor. As this is what was causing the problem with mine

Simple to fit and cost just over £6

Car has been running fine so far with this fitted. So fingures crossed that will be the end of it

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

20th Oct 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

injectors dont 'stick open'

typical rac reject mechanics
gavin18787
Premium Member

20th Oct 06 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright staying open

anyway it helped me find the problem and he got my car home so thanks to him anyway

New Poll