corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » thoughts on this OBD port remap...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author thoughts on this OBD port remap...
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
7th Oct 06 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

browsing the net, i stumbled upon this company who remap standard ECU's, including the Z18XE

http://www.powerchipgroup.com/products/showchip.asp?pid=Hol0114&year=2004&make=Holden

thoughts? worth it?
Cybermonkey

7th Oct 06 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

takes it up to 140bhp, or claims to, plus with some breathing mods, surely 150bhp should be achievable?
Marc

7th Oct 06 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you had 140bhp
Cybermonkey

7th Oct 06 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no marcus i do not have 140bhp its not my fault the engine cover is identical to the one being used in the DCVCP engine
Marc

7th Oct 06 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed

7th Oct 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always slightly sceptical about these kind of things on n/a engines... Especially the ones that don't provide rr readouts after.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 06 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remaps on n/a engines, especially std n/a engines is pretty pointless IMO, youl get 5bhp max
SetH

7th Oct 06 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what he said
Cybermonkey

7th Oct 06 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a remap to specifically use 99RON fuel. adjusts timing mostly. they have RR graphs for every application. fords, holdens, audi, renault etc etc etc
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 06 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dastek system on my 106gti was mapped for 98 ron fuel and i gained 7bhp i cant see that making muchmore if not less
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 06 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL

quote:
Now that ive installed my Powerchip ive noticed a big improvement over the standard chip.Ive noticed the car running smoother and quicker then before and its really noticeable when im towing my caravan.
The quicker respone and smoother idle really does impress me, over all im really happy with the chip and the process
Cybermonkey

7th Oct 06 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they claim a 6bhp increase on the 106gti steve. and 15bhp for the Z18XE
Cybermonkey

7th Oct 06 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
FPMSL

quote:
Now that ive installed my Powerchip ive noticed a big improvement over the standard chip.Ive noticed the car running smoother and quicker then before and its really noticeable when im towing my caravan.
The quicker respone and smoother idle really does impress me, over all im really happy with the chip and the process

people would like the extra torque for when towing steve
Sam
Premium Member

7th Oct 06 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

is not currently supplying products to this territory. recommends that United Kingdom residents contact Superchips for all their performance chip needs.

Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 06 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres some crap being talked on there

quote:
When I first installed the chip, I got stuck in traffic, so I couldn't test it out. After a few days of driving, I was able to give it a run, and the smile broadened dramatically.
Just the other day I had to overtake a truck at low speed, in second gear. I pulled out, put my foot down, and that was when I really felt it. To steal a line from another car company, "Zoom zoom zoom".
Just got back from Laidley, which involves some highway driving. Foot depressed. Driver very happy.
Anyway, if u have a Barina SRi, or any other car that is lacking in performance, stop thinking about a Powerchip, and just do it.

Thanks guys!

David, you wont get 15bhp from a chip, im not being funny, or saying it for the sake of it, if you would i would say so
Cybermonkey

7th Oct 06 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why wont i? if its a case of advancing the timing, i dont see why not? 18XE is a corking little engine, 150-160bhp is easily seen on this engine with a decent set of cams and a remap
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 06 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with cams and other mods there is something for the remap to work with, on a standard engine your timing will be advanced to pretty much as far as it can go

your knock sensor will already be controlling the timing to be as efficient as possible
Cybermonkey

7th Oct 06 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve, timing is set leniantly so that the engine can moderate between high and low RON fuels. if it is set to constantly receive 99RON fuel, the timing can be advanced more accurately. it also maps out better air/fuel ratios with this in mind. i have been reading up on it. few people i know had the remap and it made a whole world of difference with a sorted inlet
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 06 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

timing adjusts to suit the fuel that is in it, it isnt set, if you want to get it done then go for it, you wont get 15bhp, but you dont have to believe me, just believe what the people who make the chip

[Edited on 07-10-2006 by Steve]
Cybermonkey

7th Oct 06 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not, im believing the people i know who have actually had it done
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 06 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and what do they offer as proof? apart from placebo?

[Edited on 07-10-2006 by Steve]
ed

7th Oct 06 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where does it get this new power from then? You aren't doing anything to the engine that would give you 15bhp.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Oct 06 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was contacted by superchips the other day to ask if my new company wanted to be a superchips dealer. they said they would come to me to demonstrate their product, they were hyping up their product so much so I asked what it would gain on a z18xe corsa sri, they also claim 140bhp from a chip.

When I told them that I owned a z18xe and I explained I will have a rolling road etc... and would love them to chip it and let me put it on the rollers to see the before and after graphs they started backtracking and claiming that the gains werent all in the figures and it depende on the engine and even said that it may not show an instant increase in power figures on the rollers as it may take time to adjust...... basicly spouted a load of bullshit

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Oct 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all a superchip can do is adjust the ignition timing and fuelling. without engine mods that would need these adjustments made there is no point in them whatsoever.

and exhaust and airfilters dont count as mods that require a change to ign timing or fuelling btw
ed

7th Oct 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the generic comment these companys make too: "Your cars ECU is set so that it works all over the world blah blah blah differences in qualities of fuels blah blah blah let your engine make the most out of the quality fuel you recieve in your country blah blah blah". Yea, fair game, but you wont get an extra 15bhp just by using premium fuel

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » thoughts on this OBD port remap... 22 database queries in 0.0166700 seconds