corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Please help! Corsa Gsi C16xe engine problem :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Please help! Corsa Gsi C16xe engine problem :(
PaulopelGsi

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 06 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really fooked off now. Put a new wiring loom in my gsi cos of a bad earth. got it all running mint. driving perfect etc. no fault codes or anything.

Then it starts running like a bag of shit after about 70 miles. bogging down when you drive it, like nearly cutting out. you floor it and it goes perfect but theres nothing in between.

Also it starts up perfect, idles spot on, then they drop to like 200rpm and its nearly cutting out.

No fault codes, maf sensor seems ok. idle control valve and throttle position sensor are both new.

I was wondering whether to try coolent temp sensor? Please help someone
calidus

23rd Sep 06 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depending on the loom you fitted...water has been known(at least on my c16xe) to run into the loom, and down through the bulkhead grommet and fry the ECU...I had this a while ago as I did not have the L shaped "weatherproof"(using term loosely) cover over it...to check just remove kickwell panel and unplug ecu...and see if the pins or plugs are damp or have algie greeny copper schnizzle on
Cybermonkey

23rd Sep 06 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you thought about Lambda Sensor?
PaulopelGsi

24th Sep 06 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ecu looks cool mate.
lambda is ok I think. wouldnt it throw a code up if it wasnt?

New Poll