corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting The Front Fog Light switch........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting The Front Fog Light switch........
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   29th Aug 06 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have had the Gsi Front bumper for a week or 2 now and i have recently aquired the wiring from the fog lights ie the plug that goes into them with 6 inches of wire behind. Now i have the problem that the corsa has never had the front fog lights before. I have removed the blank space for putting the fog light in but their are no boxes to plug it into obviously. How do i get round this. I took the following from a calibra the front and rear switch with the plug that would have been behind the calibra lighting area. Can i put spade connectors onto the switch itself and if so has anyone any idea what each of these spades would be?

all wiring i am trying to show you is the front fog light switch

Numbers on the wiring for the calibra from the switch are numbered on the box as follows,

1 - black and green
between 1 and 3 - silver green
3 - black thick
4 - brown
5 - green and silver

[Edited on 29-08-2006 by Stoneyginger]
RKS

30th Aug 06 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've put one in mine, I cant remember which is which but the connections from the car that i used are here:
http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=306436

you can test which is which with a multimeter, just hook two connectors up, if a light lights up thats what those two are for, and if its live when the switch is on then thats the two terminals for when the switch

but basically from memory 3 of the terminals are for the lights inside the switch
one earth for both,
sidelight live for illuminating the logo
and a live from the relay which will illuminate the green light when fogs are on.
and the other two are for the switch,

If you do a search im sure there are some diagrams on here for wiring fogs without the std switch, which will give you everything cept what to do with the three light wires
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

1st Sep 06 at 00:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really Need some help here as this is the last bit i have to do, Ali's looks a little confusing as wires are all over the place i really need to know which wire i have labelled above goes to what. I really want it so that the switch lights up as it would if it was standard
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

1st Sep 06 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

* live from sidelights to illuminate the switch.
* live from relay to display warning light
* earth for above lights
* another sidelight live
* wire from switch to relay, (live when sidelights + switch are on)

1 - black and green
between 1 and 3 - silver green
3 - black thick
4 - brown
5 - green and silver
DaNnY_LaD

1st Sep 06 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fook doin all that mate just get a halfrauds fog wiring kit and use that its simple ive Drill the Fogs in to my dash...Its really simple to do...
RobHayes

1st Sep 06 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

according to haynes wiring diagram for front fog light switch, there are 4 wires used

gr/gn (grey/green) go to fuse 19 (which i assume is the sidelight fuse?) shows 2 wires joining together into 1 - i would say these are for the symbol illumination and the switch

br (brown) from pin 1 going to earth

sw/gn (black/green) goes on the front fog light relay, which is the relay switching live

the haynes doesnt show the thick black, but i would guess at it being live for the light bar across the top of the button to say its on?

[Edited on 01-09-2006 by RobHayes]
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd Sep 06 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got it but one of the wires is unused ie the thick black one hmmmmmmm
CooK1E

3rd Sep 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I ask where you managed to get hold of the GSi bumper? I've been looking for months for one (plus the rest of the GSi colour coded stuff) but as yet havent managed to find any

Thanks
DaNnY_LaD

3rd Sep 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres one for sale on the sale section mate

New Poll