corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Clutch or clutch cable?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clutch or clutch cable?
saf

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 06 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry if this has been answered before but I did a few searches and couldn't really see anything that matched my specific problem.

I've got a corsa (B?) 1.0 T reg (X10XE engine)

Basically a few weeks back when putting the car into reverse while the engine was on it would make a heavy grinding noise I also had difficulty going from 3 to 2 or 1 to 2.

I started adjusting the clutch cable and tightened it, but now there's only about 1 CM of space left to turn. The biting point is almost as soon as I lift the pedal up. At the moment I only get a grinding noise when I go into reverse too quickly and no problems going into 2nd, or back down to 2nd etc.

I also get a slight judder when I move off. Currently though, there's no problem when driving along (there was before I adjusted the cable as above)

So does this sound like the clutch cable needs replacing or should I get the whole clutch itself replaced? Or in fact could it be something else that I don't know of?
Rob_Lee
Banned

23rd Aug 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be a fooked clutch matey.

Dont see how the cable would make a differance tbh
daz_SRi

23rd Aug 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep I'd say worn clutch!
saf

24th Aug 06 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, was hoping it wasn't

Will having the clutch cable almost at the end cause any problems? As it'll no doubt take a week or two before I can get round to changing the clutch itself.
daz_SRi

24th Aug 06 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wont do it a world of good, but wont exactly destroy the clutch
nossi_16v

24th Aug 06 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car somtimes judders when i pull off, and i somtimes av dificulty putin it into reverse, like it somtimes grinds if u dont do it realli slowly then ova times its fine, ive jus ad me handbrake cables renewed at me local garge n the bloke sed me clutch cable was fairly worn, so hope its not the clutch n all spent a fortune lately repairin the car lol

New Poll