corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » Lets hear an update on your corsa thread!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lets hear an update on your corsa thread!
calidus

User status: Offline
   23rd Aug 06 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as I am bored...and I am off for 2 GORGEOUS WEEKS and have nothing to dooo...I thought I would start a thread to see what everyones doing and if anyone can help anyone else

Currently...I shall go taking pics after posting a cheque...but this week I have mostly:-

finished off getting plugs for my wiring loom which daddy wired bk in for me....

Ordered and recieved myself a nice new cat converter

Arranged a date to go collect irmscher splitter

Decided on what exhaust I want (hence cheque sending session)

And thats about it...all that remains me to do is get the oil and coolant bk in the car,fit the exhaust and try starting it up!

THEN its mot time on steelies

what about you guys? I see schoey has kept his word and working on the shell? good lad

robin has now got smoked bk lights and hunting for some rimmage(of the wheel type u mofos) oooooh got steelies a plenty when u need them

robhayes is getting closer to running right, what about mr sutton and the rest??

Robin
Premium Member

23rd Aug 06 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mr sutton has a few little things in the pipeline afaik including some freshly re-furbed speedlines

erm, i'm doing a bit of colourcoding, lowering and rimming soon, hopefully.

and obviously broster is fixing

not sure about anyone else tbh
philrussell81

23rd Aug 06 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trying to locate a cheap 25ltr petrol tank to sit in my wheel well
Alex

23rd Aug 06 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm, i havent done anything to mine.

its still got its rust patches, i changed the grill at some point but thats about it! oooh the other day i hoovered it out
schoey

23rd Aug 06 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weaver!!!! why didnt you come to me for a cat! could have got you staff discount!

yep, hopefully gonna be picking the shell up next month somethime, still trying to decide on what wheels to use etc. Though.

Glad to hear yours is coming on smoothly, about time u got some pics up!!

calidus

23rd Aug 06 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol its always next month with u schoefield! lol my cat was 78 posted to my door so I went with that

erm erm erm.... got the cat on got centre section on, alternator belt finally on, should be running tomorrow when I actually put oil and coolant in pics to come!
RobHayes

23rd Aug 06 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by calidus
lol its always next month with u schoefield! lol my cat was 78 posted to my door so I went with that

erm erm erm.... got the cat on got centre section on, alternator belt finally on (thanks RobHayes), should be running tomorrow when I actually put oil and coolant in pics to come!

schoey

23rd Aug 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah tell me about it, really cant see the thing being done for march! My final deadline is PVS, but ive just budgeted and stuff tonight and its not looking good, hmm, we'll see.
ainsley_brader

23rd Aug 06 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm

Well I need to finish rear bean which should of been done for PVS then get it and a whiteline rear anti roll bar fitted.

Then next steps are to sort some front coilovers and find a turbo engine!

All thats needed is lots of money lol
calidus

24th Aug 06 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like we are all having a tricky time with our projects!!

UPDATE for meeee! should have exhaust on mid next week( have a proper busy weekend! family and gf stuff...) myself and mr hayes have spotted a couple of lil mods we are going to TRY work out how to do! mainly cosmetic yet functional...answers on a postcard! I am also taking donations for wheels and tyres...a couple of quid off people into my paypal would be much appreciated!(hmmm long shot! maybe the sympathy vote isnt the way to go? maybe I need a hostage to randsom)

Ains the rear beam sounds good...a quiet at work afternoon jobbie? and ben...*shakes head* ben ben ben you couldve had the shell off robin by now and some progress if you wasnt such a dog on heat

Hmmm would it be cheaper to get a petrol tank fabricated? although they need pressure testing dont they? have you looked in the demon tweeks motorsport catalogue?

I ALSO hoovered mine alex...we are sooo domesticated
white_sri

24th Aug 06 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I picked up my new corsa just over a week ago, £700 + My nova for the corsa with a boot full of extras the guy hadnt got round to fitting, For that price i expected quite a few things to need doing, after giving the car a quick look over the only major problems are :

- Needs a rev counter wiring up

- Need to change a coolant hose as one drips a very small amount

- A few small rust patches need sorting and the drivers door could do with a respray.

So far i have stripped out the rear and fitted a rear strut brace, fitted new front suspension as the manifold was about 1cm off the floor, started to tidy the engine bay up, but new discs and pads on.

Plans that i can have hopefully completed by the end of september are:

-Wire in Rev counter, oil pressure + temperature gauge.

- Have the door resprayed and the body work sorted out

- fix the coolant leak

- Have harnesses fitted

-Maybe strip the car further, remove all the sound deadening and spraying the inside.

Pics of my progress here:

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j142/cutterffbm/Corsa%20Progress/
Robin
Premium Member

24th Aug 06 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob (W), I'll be your hostage, we can split the randsom
corsa120

24th Aug 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scooby soon so corsa is now just a total rally slag or will be

20xe has been treated to tb's but i dont have management yet.

btb cat back exhaust and removing engine to clean and fit light flywheel.

bodywork, irmy airdam is goin and so is rieger rear, standard post 97 front/rear bumpers with grey arches but keeping steiny skirts

4-pot brakes and rear discs

re-locating battery to boot and stripping it but hoping to fit some nice carbon panels hear and there so dont look to rough inside..
calidus

25th Aug 06 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds slaggish rob we will try to get a randsom for u! I think we will hold u randsom from corsasport....to return every member has to paypal 3quid oooooh talking of getting things going...the c16xe is alive in the 2000 sport shell now struck it up first time earlier...and to celebrate...I left it at home all filthy and went to the breakers with mr hayes
Robin
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did Mr Hayes buy some more dials?
calidus

25th Aug 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe...
Robin
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RobHayes

25th Aug 06 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcukers

got some tigra dials now, all working except battery light, oil light and coolant temp

thats it now, no more dials.

also picked up some wind deflectors, and got car booked in for mapping. think rob 2 got some pics of the bike engined mini and a turbo'd bike engine'd westy running 500bhp!
Robin
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob2

i suppose that makes me Rob3
calidus

25th Aug 06 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now now BOYS who is the eldest here? in theory im Rob number 1

yer damn rite I got some photos...will upload one day

Robin
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is true, i should be Rob 3. seems fair i suppose.
schoey

27th Aug 06 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good to see the region getting some banter again lads!
calidus

27th Aug 06 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well I got a small robbie update today spare c16xe has gone but to a worthy home erm....splitter is inching its way across the UK as I type with my rents...Im uber excited! mr hayes came round earlier...but hes getting on a bit and complaining of back ache so dont think there will be much of an update from his stable...appart from maybe a throw over the back seat and a cushion for the driver
M Sutton

27th Aug 06 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels are finally refurbed and on, done a nice custom mod to my GSI bumper and a few other bits, just getting ready for trax next weekend realy.
Bad news is i got pulled for my tints and had to remove the fronts, but booked in for next friday for some legal ones to be fitted

Then on the list for the future is a nice rear cage and some lightwieght bucket seats and harneses....oh and to finish it off a 1.6 8v lump and some track days!!!
Robin
Premium Member

27th Aug 06 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need 133 quid to fix my mini

and enough to buy a new carb for it, so another 135 quid

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » East Midlands » Lets hear an update on your corsa thread! 23 database queries in 0.0205030 seconds