corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Orange are Scum

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange are Scum
Bart

User status: Offline
20th Aug 06 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went into an orange shop at the weekend, to see about upgrading my current phone (n70) to the n80.

There was actually a chap infront me doing exactly the same, so i was listening to about how its done.. your given a band depending on your usage, and that band denotes how cheap you will get the phone.
He was on the worst band (cheap) and the lady told him it would cost him £250.. Then came my turn, i was Band 3 and if i wanted the n80 it would cost me £170.. goodbye.

I rang orange customer services, explain what had happened, and said i was thinking of leaving because i know its free on other networks.. let me see what we can do she said.
You can upgrade based on a 12month contract for £19.99 or for free on an 18 month contract. i took the 12.

That is daylight robbery to unknowing people.
Dom H

20th Aug 06 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately it's all about commission in the stores.. I find it's always better to do things online/by phone!
ssj_kakarot

20th Aug 06 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mer all the stores do it and all networks, a lot of the time they do it over the customer service lines aswell, think about it if you had a bussiness (sp) would you try and sell your products for as much as you could or as little as you could.
Dan B

20th Aug 06 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was looking at upgrading my phone (Vodafone), I went into the store to look at what kind of deals they could do to upgrade to a k750i.

The best they could offer was £90 for the phone, a £20/month "package" which only included 60 minutes per month (no texts included), and it was £160 to transfer my number.

Phoned up, to see if it was any different......£65 for the phone, £20/month for 60 minutes and 100 texts per month, but still £160 to transfer my number. Better, but still not good enough.

So, option 3: I had a look on the website.

I now have, courtesy of Vodafone's OWN WEBSITE, a k750i for £15, a FREE HP PhotoSmart 325 photo-printer (they're about £125 online), and £15 (+VAT) for 60 minutes and 100 texts per month.

Had to get a new number, unfortunately, because they don't do number transfers at all on the website, but that wasn't a massive problem.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Aug 06 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always go via the retention department. The difference between paying the first price you see and haggling a bit can be loads.
Shelly
Premium Member

20th Aug 06 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As soon as February comes I am changing.

I'm paying £38 for 200 mins (I never use) and 120 texts... And my phone bills lately have been near the £100 mark. If I am not using the minutes I might as well find a contract with more texts. Shame you can't change your plan when you upgrade.
Sam
Premium Member

20th Aug 06 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay £18.99/month for 500 free texts and 30 mins with O2, but they don't have that exact tariff any more (well I think they do but it's like £25/month now).
John

20th Aug 06 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found out recently I get half price tmobile contracts with asda.
Unlucky they don't have the n73 though.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Aug 06 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelly
my phone bills lately have been near the £100 mark. If I am not using the minutes I might as well find a contract with more texts. Shame you can't change your plan when you upgrade.
You need to sort that. Mine were normally around 80-100 and I got them down to 25-35.
Jules

20th Aug 06 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm paying £38 for 200 mins (I never use) and 120 texts... And my phone bills lately have been near the £100 mark. If I am not using the minutes I might as well find a contract with more texts. Shame you can't change your plan when you upgrade.

I'd of thought most companys would let you change tarrif at pretty much anytime let alone when you upgrade.
As Ian said - I'd get that sorted and ASAP aswell!
Bart

21st Aug 06 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above.

I think im currently paying about £50 per month
_Allan_

21st Aug 06 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Thats expensive I get 500 mins / 500 texts on O2 for £30 pm.
I know people on here have got even better but I have only been with O2 for a year.
Robbo

21st Aug 06 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im dumping orange for vodafone... free k800i and loads of mins/texts!
Matt H

21st Aug 06 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I always go via the retention department. The difference between paying the first price you see and haggling a bit can be loads.

Thats the way to do it

I got my Nokia 8800 free of charge 2 1/2 months early

Should've been £399, so I saved that plus 2 1/2 months rental
Shelly
Premium Member

21st Aug 06 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you are allowed to change your tariff online after so many months of your yearly contract. But when I do, it says I can't do it.
But yeah I need to get it sorted out.
dave17

21st Aug 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shelly that is a shocking deal you are paying

I pay £45 a month and get 500mins, 1000 free txts
Shelly
Premium Member

21st Aug 06 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must have "cup" stamped on my head.
andy1868

23rd Aug 06 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my advice is threaten to leave your service provider, ask to change and if they don't let you simply say "alright then,how soon can i cancel the contract" or "i'll have to go with *insert rival service providers name here*" the only problem coming up that if you're in the middle of a contract etc
ianww

24th Aug 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i pay 25 a month for 500 mins and 1000 text with orange it may be worth you ringing up asking for you pac code one way of cancelling your contract and paying it up and out and taking a new contract out

New Poll