corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Ribery to Arsenal

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ribery to Arsenal
Tarrantino

User status: Offline
7th Aug 06 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This would make me very happy indeed and i hope he does come to us. Apparently 16million, not bad considering hes 23. Bit more justified than the 18million paid for carrick

Hopefully get rid of Cole today aswell

[Edited on 08-08-2006 by Tarrantino]
Jamie Walby

7th Aug 06 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope Cashley Mole does go.

I like the way he flipped the blame on Arsenal for him getting caught with his pants down. Better without him imo. Time for Clichy to step up.
Sooty
Banned

7th Aug 06 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do you want Cole to go? massive loss to you guys
Jamie Walby

7th Aug 06 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know about Robbo/Tarrantino but I dont like the way he went to this meeting with chelsea then blames arsenal for the way they dealt with it.

I think Gael Clichy can be just as good and this is a great opportunity for him to step up.
AndyW

7th Aug 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have a few new signings this season, of really skillful young players i was reading the message boards on arsenal.com
Sooty
Banned

7th Aug 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrantino
This would make me very happy indeed and i hope he does come to us. Apparently 16million, not bad considering hes 23. Bit more justified than the 18million paid for carrick

Firstly the initial fee is 14m

and Carrick is about on par with riberery and age similar

oh we like to have SOME english talent unlike Arsenal aquiring a bunch of fking foreigners, jesus will they actually have ANY english talent in your starting XI next season

oh yeah, that kid England took to the world cup but never played

Jamescorsa97

7th Aug 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
quote:
Originally posted by Tarrantino

Firstly the initial fee is 14m

and Carrick is about on par with riberery and age similar

oh we like to have SOME english talent unlike Arsenal aquiring a bunch of fking foreigners, jesus will they actually have ANY english talent in your starting XI next season

oh yeah, that kid England took to the world cup but never played

Carrick is no where near as good as ribery, stop kidding yourself.
Tom

7th Aug 06 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ribbery looked very poor in the group stages of wc, very sketchy infront of goal, obviously got alot better as the world cup progressed though and i'd say he's worth the money.
Tarrantino

7th Aug 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carrick on par with ribbery, please tell me your joking

As jamie said, i dont like how cole tried blaming the club for him being caught??? Hes a coont in my eyes and we dont need him, we did well enough with out him for most of the season last year and might aswell offload him and cash in while we can.

As with english players in our team, honestly what english talent is there to have??? there isnt any, gerrard and lampard are never gonna leave their current clubs and the only prospect that is going to be big, we have already signed and should be playing tomorrow night
Hammer

7th Aug 06 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can't compare what is 2 very different midfielders but if you gave me the choice of both at this moment in time i'd choose Carrick, who's a proven premiership performer that can speak the language and is settled here
Jamescorsa97

7th Aug 06 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sxi04
you can't compare what is 2 very different midfielders but if you gave me the choice of both at this moment in time i'd choose Carrick, who's a proven premiership performer that can speak the language and is settled here

It won't matter if he goes to Arsenal anyway. The best striker in the world and his manager are both french to help him and teach him abit of English.

I would prefer ribery.

They are totally different pleyers, but Arsenal have Fabregas........10 times better than carrick.
--Dave--
Banned

7th Aug 06 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/5251684.stm
Mad Moe

7th Aug 06 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As good as Fabregas is I would say he is only marginally better the Carrick and Ribery didn't look like a 16M player at the World Cup imo.
Jamie Walby

7th Aug 06 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed Ribery didnt look like a 16mil player...... but did Carrick look like an 18mil player
--Dave--
Banned

7th Aug 06 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know who I'd prefer

Ribery looked shoot hot for france in the knockout stages. Really creative player and he's not slow either.
Jamescorsa97

7th Aug 06 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To put it in a nutshell, Carrick and ribery both havn't proven they are worth their asking prices but i think ribery is better value for money.
Sooty
Banned

7th Aug 06 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disillusioned gooners
Cosmo

7th Aug 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I have seen of both players Id take Ribery over Carrick, especially at those prices. But there isnt much in it between the two given that one is in the Prem already and the other isnt.

You have to remember that the French league isnt too good. Look how good Cisse was over there (top scorer for two seasons running) and he didnt do much when he came over here.
Cosmo

7th Aug 06 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
Disillusioned gooners

That comment, coming from a Utd fan, is possibly the funniest thing I have read for a long long time!
Robbo

7th Aug 06 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I dont know about Robbo/Tarrantino but I dont like the way he went to this meeting with chelsea then blames arsenal for the way they dealt with it.

I think Gael Clichy can be just as good and this is a great opportunity for him to step up.
Exactly, fucking wanker
Robbo

7th Aug 06 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ribery did have an average WC until the klater stages but he was awesome for them before the tournament... made the diff every time he played for them... if Cole goes I want (and expect we'll get) Gallas!
Robbo

7th Aug 06 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sootyoh yeah, that kid England took to the world cup but never played

What, Carrick?

Jus joshin wit ya Richie!
Russ

7th Aug 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, risky if you ask me, didnt impress me at all in world cup, but all the "best players" were rather shit. big risk spending that sorta money for somebody who hasnt played in prem.. but arsene isnt wrong very often is he.
Nath

7th Aug 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Agreed Ribery didnt look like a 16mil player...... but did Carrick look like an 18mil player

Carrick isnt an £18million player though thats the whole point, £14million plus all the add ons. I mean if thats your logic then Reyes cost what, £19milion or something? Mugged!
Jamie Walby

7th Aug 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Arsenal at current have only paid 12mil for Reyes, they rest was dependent on performances at Arsenal.

And before that he was immense in Spain, so going on that logic, not really mugged.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Ribery to Arsenal 23 database queries in 0.1325579 seconds