corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread
J da Silva

User status: Offline
10th Dec 06 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My team win 3-2 today, after today I don't play for a sunday team, I quit
gianluigi

10th Dec 06 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why did you quit JS?

we lost 3-2 just gotta ride storm
J da Silva

10th Dec 06 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The manager picks his friends, although I'm in week in week out, there are other players getting in the team on emotional terms, not actually earning their place, and there is far better and more committed players benched every week.
These players who play week in week out turn up late, pissed, and are lazy when they lose the ball. So I made my feelings known and left the team, fair enough if the manager set the team up for a good laugh and the pub atmosphere after the game but he made it known he wishes to win things and play serious football, and he never stuck to his word.
Carl

11th Dec 06 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
The manager picks his friends, although I'm in week in week out, there are other players getting in the team on emotional terms, not actually earning their place, and there is far better and more committed players benched every week.
These players who play week in week out turn up late, pissed, and are lazy when they lose the ball. So I made my feelings known and left the team, fair enough if the manager set the team up for a good laugh and the pub atmosphere after the game but he made it known he wishes to win things and play serious football, and he never stuck to his word.

This is pretty much the case everywhere me thinks. The guy who runs the team plays for us, hes in the team mainly because of this at the moment i'd say.
gianluigi

11th Dec 06 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

good for you mate! but as carl said, it happens at most teams...but i supose your experienced and good enough to enjoy your saturday football, and walk into any sunday team!
--Dave--
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same scenario with our team mate. I made the mistake of voicing my opinion at a training session once, at least they know how i feel now.

We won 2-1 in the League cup into the 3rd round now. Had an awesome game and felt like throwing up at the end (nothing to do with the 2 bottles of win consumed the night before )
RyanSxi

12th Dec 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drinking before a cup game david, tut tut

we have our last game before crimbo (i think) this week. hoping to get a decent run out. if i dont i will cry lol
--Dave--
Banned

12th Dec 06 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics of you crying on the sideline like a little girl please Ryan. Preferably wearing your (still shiny) boots.

RyanSxi

12th Dec 06 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
pics of you crying on the sideline like a little girl please Ryan. Preferably wearing your (still shiny) boots.

i know, £100 boots to make my feet comfortable as i stand and watch.
J da Silva

12th Dec 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
quote:

good for you mate! but as carl said, it happens at most teams...but i supose your experienced and good enough to enjoy your saturday football, and walk into any sunday team!

Yeah I enjoy County Senior more, just crap to see people giving 100% in training and getting no rewards, although since I quit Sunday, 7lads walked out with me so they'll have about 12/13 turning up with no sub GK and people not turning up in cold weather.
Joined a new team (village rivals to the team I used to play for) going to watch Sunday before I register with them.
RyanSxi

14th Dec 06 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a game this sunday. away again

last game b4 crimbo, hope to get on at some point

[Edited on 14-12-2006 by RyanSxi]
Robbo

16th Dec 06 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won 3-1 on an dangerously unplayable pitch!!
nik

16th Dec 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

St Francis Rangers 3 - 1 Wick.

Bloody joke is all I can say. We were by FAR the better side, played them off the park for 85% of the game. 1 dodgy Pen, 1 unlucky OG and a fluke. Brings end to our unbeaten 4 game run, got myself booked too for a needed last ditch foul
messham11

17th Dec 06 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won 3-1 today against the league and cup holders! They've lost a few players that are playing semi-pro but still a decent side. We deserved it and should have scored a few more. a nice way to go into the xmas break
gianluigi

17th Dec 06 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we lost 10-3 today, with 9 players. fortunatly i was in london, and can only assume my absense was the main reason why we lost so heavily.
RyanSxi

18th Dec 06 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a start yesterday and a full 90 mins. and guess what, first win of the season!!! plus i got man of the match

went 3-0 down within the first 20 minutes and things looked rather bad. but we got going and managed to get in at half time 4-2 down. in the second half i set up a goal by crossing in from the right to make it 4-3 with about half an hour left. team was buzzin by now. then with about 15 mins left i got my first goal for the team was a volley from inside the box.

then with only 7 minutes left my mate took the ball fopm inside our half (was other teams corner) ran it the length of the pitch avoiding a slide and put it through the keepers legs at a tight angle. every 1 went mental

what a great game winners 5-4
--Dave--
Banned

18th Dec 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luigi

Sounds like a good game Ryan, congrats on the goal and the win.

We won 3-1 yesterday, I played up-front this time but dropped very deep in order to get more of the ball. I set up our second and should of scored but the keeper pulled off a wonder save

Good win to go into the holidays with
RyanSxi

2nd Jan 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back to the football again this sunday playing a team which is as low if not lower than us in the league. played them away a couple of months ago and drew 3-3.

we had training last saturday and i must say. bcos of all the drinking/eating at christmas im gonna stuggle on sunday lol
gianluigi

5th Jan 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

our season restarts on sunday w00t w00t
nik

5th Jan 07 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Game tomorrow at home Wick V Lancing. We're on form at the moment, fancy the points. Hope games on as weather is poor, pitch is in top shape though Been asked to play for a Sunday side so if my games off tomo I'll take them up on the offer.

[Edited on 05-01-2007 by nik]
messham11

7th Jan 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We lost 2-0 to the team thats top. 1st goal was a 35yard screamer. Wind behind it, dipped and swerved and smacked the back stantion Played well 2nd half, had a few chances but they nicked a 2nd at the end. Draw would have been fair but thats why theyre top!

Berks & Bucks 4th round next week
gianluigi

7th Jan 07 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus fucking christ. fucking fucking hell. we lost 2-1. they scored the winner in the 9th min of injury time wtf!

and make things worse, i didnt start, fuck im annoyed
Carl

7th Jan 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We won 5-3 in Quarter finals of cup, I'm poorly so copped for number 15 and the linesmens job, right laugh . They were a prem side 2 divisions up from us, they went 2-0 up and there players were giving it large calling us shit. Who's shit now.
gOT A SEMI-FINAL FIXTURE AT A NEUTRAL GROUND NOW EARLY NEXT MONTH, IF WE WIN THAT WE ARE OFF To Oakwell. Most likely against Athersley rec who win every year, in there quarter final fixture against second in the first division they won 11-0 and that was called off 15 mins early by the other side.
RyanSxi

8th Jan 07 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we won again this week!!! first time this season we've had two wins on th trot. game ended 2-1 to us. i played first hour on right wing but struggled like fook to get back into it after christmas. still we got the goals while i was on so not too bad.

bring on next sunday, although i have a feeling i will start it on the bench
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jan 07 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lost agaim yesterday i went on with 35 mins to go

went off injured with 30 mins to go

might just quit

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread 23 database queries in 0.0215769 seconds