corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oh well another SP30 on my licence...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oh well another SP30 on my licence...
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jul 06 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I take it you got caught on Marlow hill. More fool you The safety van on there is pretty much a permenant fixture....

Sorry

Yes, 15:25 on 12/07/2006 doing 36mph at Marlow Hill, High Wycombe.
ed

25th Jul 06 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going uphill too, up a steep hill Thats something to be pleased about
Sam
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More or less where I got caught. Speeding UP a hill FFS. Although I wouldn't call 36mph up-hill speeding IMO...
Sam
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Going uphill too, up a steep hill Thats something to be pleased about

Yes I found it amusing as well! Well I do now anyway!
marklaruk

25th Jul 06 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cut the fuckers down
ed

25th Jul 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklaruk
cut the fuckers down
Yes, cut a mobile speed van down
Ben ev

25th Jul 06 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL@ ed
Sam
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by marklaruk
cut the fuckers down
Yes, cut a mobile speed van down

Or push it down the hill...
ed

25th Jul 06 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose you could cut down it's hand brake cable.
Sam
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, there was a LOT of traffic and I was doing the same speed as everyone else.

Does that mean everyone else got done too?
ed

25th Jul 06 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt it... Did they go after you with a bike?
Sam
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mk4_astra

25th Jul 06 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah i know the road, from what i remember there is no 30 mph sign when you travel up the hill which might work in your favour remember hearing about someone who got p!ssed off with something about this road, so drove to the top and rolled a bowling ball down the hill
X 60RSA

25th Jul 06 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

More or less where I got caught. Speeding UP a hill FFS. Although I wouldn't call 36mph up-hill speeding IMO...

Course its speeding! Dude just take your 3 points and a fine
DarkBahamut

25th Jul 06 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, no offence or anything but you were speeding. Doesnt matter if its up hill, down hill or whatever. The speed limit is 30 anything above that is speeding.

36 might only be 6 over, but thats 20% over the speed limit. Thats alot, its like doing 84 in a 70. Its not just how much over you are in mph, its how much over you are in relations to the speed limit. Its not like you were caught doing 31 or 32 or anything.
Sam
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
ah i know the road, from what i remember there is no 30 mph sign when you travel up the hill which might work in your favour remember hearing about someone who got p!ssed off with something about this road, so drove to the top and rolled a bowling ball down the hill

They (the police) will argue that if there are no signposted speed limit signs, then you're to assume it's a 30 zone.

@ bowling ball!
Sam
Premium Member

25th Jul 06 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DarkBahamut
Yeah, no offence or anything but you were speeding. Doesnt matter if its up hill, down hill or whatever. The speed limit is 30 anything above that is speeding.

36 might only be 6 over, but thats 20% over the speed limit. Thats alot, its like doing 84 in a 70. Its not just how much over you are in mph, its how much over you are in relations to the speed limit. Its not like you were caught doing 31 or 32 or anything.

Yeah I know I have been speeding all of 6mph over the limit LOL, but IMO given the location, type of road, and the fact that they were located just a few yards before a 40mph sign makes me feel that they are there simply for revenue purposes, and not to make that piece of road more safer.

I think it's totally ridiculous TBH, I could understand if I was doing a really stupid speed but 6mph over a 30 limit going UP a hill on a DUAL CARRIAGEWAY? Takes the piss in my book!

[Edited on 25-07-2006 by Sam]
scott d

25th Jul 06 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very unlucky mate

does take the piss though being a few yards away from a 40mph sign and other cars at the same speed.

police near me hide in a dip between two hills where it goes from a 40 to 30, dual carriageway as well, safety or money?? £££££
DarkBahamut

25th Jul 06 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam

Yeah I know I have been speeding all of 6mph over the limit LOL, but IMO given the location, type of road, and the fact that they were located just a few yards before a 40mph sign makes me feel that they are there simply for revenue purposes, and not to make that piece of road more safer.

I think it's totally ridiculous TBH, I could understand if I was doing a really stupid speed but 6mph over a 30 limit going UP a hill on a DUAL CARRIAGEWAY? Takes the piss in my book!

[Edited on 25-07-2006 by Sam]

I do see your point, it probabaly wasnt there for safety reasons. But as you were speeding you cant complain about it. I know 30 is slow and all but its not hard to do 30 up a hill. If you wnat to do more than 30 then thats great, just dont complain when the points and fine come. Breaking the speed limit is a risk you take every time you do it, sooner or later you'd bound to get caught.

The thing about the 40mph thing doesnt hold much ground either. Ok, the road went to 40 just past the hill...but so what? The speed limit doesnt increase to 40 untill your PAST the 40 sign, hence why you shouldnt speedup untill you pass it. Doesnt matter how close you are to it, before it was 30. £6 is speeding. Its not ridiculous IMO. 20% over is 20% over.
Sam
Premium Member

26th Jul 06 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the time my newly acquired points can be removed off my licence I'll have moved back to Australia for good! Oh well no cheap car insurance for me until then!

But yes, definately £££££!
Sam
Premium Member

26th Jul 06 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DarkBahamut - it IS ridiculous! I was going the same speed as everyone else, it's not like I thought "oh fuck it I'm gonna floor it up this hill!"

Yes technically I was speeding, as I was clearly caught a whole 6mph over the limit, I'm not disputing that, I'm just annoyed with these money grabbing bastards who have nothing better to do than cashing in on motorists. Obviously there are places that are prone to accidents or where speeding can be dangerous etc. etc. where speed cameras and such are a good idea, but I just think in my own particular case they are taking the piss.
Eck
Premium Member

26th Jul 06 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DarkBahamut I think the point here is that instead of sitting on a hill just infront of a 40mph zone they could be sitting just before a school or something trying to slow people down to save lives, not make ££££
DarkBahamut

26th Jul 06 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said, i do see your point. BUt i see it like this. Maybe they are there trying to make money, but if everyone was sticking to what the law said and was doing the posted speed limit then they wouldnt be making any money. So at the end of the day, whos fault is it that they can make money from this? The speeders.
Sam
Premium Member

26th Jul 06 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If everyone obeyed the law there would be no need for a police force!

So in a way, us criminals keep them employed!
mav

26th Jul 06 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

36 in a 30 TBH thought you would get off with that.. thats unlucky..

Don't speed though

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oh well another SP30 on my licence... 22 database queries in 0.1957722 seconds