corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » zidane and materrazzi banned...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author zidane and materrazzi banned...
abdus

User status: Offline
20th Jul 06 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

zidane banned for 3 matches

Materrazzi for 2 matches
Cosmo

20th Jul 06 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zidanes is a bit pointless seems he has quit footy now, but even still it should of been longer. That Italian guy got 4 games for an elbow, yet he only gets three for what he did...shows the inconsistancy of FIFA!
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 06 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

materazzi should be denied of brylcream pizza and pasta for a few weeks, that will make him STFU in future

[Edited on 20-07-2006 by Steve]
Eck
Premium Member

20th Jul 06 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zidane has however agree'd to 3 days of community service (training with kids, showing them tricks etc).

[Edited on 20-07-2006 by Eckmcmann]
John

20th Jul 06 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of french kids going about headbutting italians then.
Jules

21st Jul 06 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by abdus
zidane banned for 3 matches

Materrazzi for 2 matches

Materazzi banned?! That is fucking ridiclous!
If it was the other way round then you can bet your arse Zidane wouldn't of even been up infront of the tribunal let alone banned!
gianluigi

21st Jul 06 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the fucking fuck what was so bad what Materazzi said that merited a 2 match ban?

and FFS FIFA clearly show their genius again, banning a player for 3 games when he doesnt even play football anymore! OK they've made him do community service, teaching little kids football etc, as posted above, but im sorry, that is not a punishment, beckham and other big players love doing that type of thing.

FFS I HATE FIFA
GREG 1

21st Jul 06 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Materazzi should of had longer!!

Speaking the way he did was disgraceful which easily warrented what Zidane done. I know what he done was also wrong but the words that were said was very harsh!
gianluigi

21st Jul 06 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still dont know what was said.

Materazzi verbally abusing Zidane = disgraceful

Zidane violently attacking Materazzi = Wrong

Greg, I do wonder if you brain has any capacity for logical thought.

[Edited on 21-07-2006 by gianluigi]
GREG 1

21st Jul 06 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you on about?

Materazzi said very nasty things about Zidannes family and brought into it that they are hoares and terrorists.

If someone said that to you on the football pitch would you just walk away and carry on playing?

I WOULDN'T!

As I said before LUIGI, what Materazzi said was bang out of order as was what Zidane replied with.

If Materrazzi wasn't so rude and childish then nothing would of happened, Zidane really isnt the kinda guy to reply with something like that for no reason.
gianluigi

21st Jul 06 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let me break this down.

quote:
Originally posted by GREG 1
What you on about?

i was questioning how you branded one action "disgraceful" and another "wrong"
quote:
Materazzi said very nasty things about Zidannes family and brought into it that they are hoares and terrorists.

has this been prooven to be the case? If so, direct me to the officical source or website so i can see for myself, i heard nothing on the news.

quote:
If someone said that to you on the football pitch would you just walk away and carry on playing?

I WOULDN'T!

I would, I let my football do the talking.

quote:
As I said before LUIGI, what Materazzi said was bang out of order as was what Zidane replied with.

Fair comment, but i really would like to see the official word on what materazzi said

quote:
If Materrazzi wasn't so rude and childish then nothing would of happened, Zidane really isnt the kinda guy to reply with something like that for no reason.

Yes he bloody is....

Sent off in world cup 1998 for stamping on a Saudi player
Banned for 5 matches in Champions league for headbutting an opponant
Sent off in WC final for headbutting

I'm sure there's more along the line somewhere.
GREG 1

21st Jul 06 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A professional / world class lip reader read everything that was said and that was basically what happened.

It's out there somewhere do a google search
gianluigi

21st Jul 06 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find it for me.

Lip reader?
gianluigi

21st Jul 06 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5198796.stm

have a read of that. stop being taken in by articals written in the Sun. Note Maldini's comments also.
GREG 1

21st Jul 06 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this, different from what I read before though but even so still harsh

------
An Italian lip-reader last night claimed to have deciphered the words Marco Materazzi said to Zinédine Zidane that provoked the French captain into butting him in the chest during Sunday's World Cup final, the great midfielder's final act before a red card ended his career in top-level football.
According to the BBC, Materazzi said, "I wish an ugly death to you and all your family," and then told Zidane to "go fuck yourself".
gianluigi

21st Jul 06 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vigorelli also warned that Fifa could be setting a difficult precedent, citing Francesco Totti's three-game ban for spitting at Denmark's Christian Poulsen during Euro 2004 as an example.

"I wonder why Fifa didn't open up a case against Poulsen two years ago in the European Championships in Portugal after the reaction of Totti.

"Totti was banned for four games, which was reduced to three, and nothing happened to Poulsen - this is absolutely a similar case.

"If they want to attack a player for what he keeps saying on the pitch, they will be very busy in the future because it's quite normal that players shout to each other in a game - especially when it's such a stressful game."

Jules

21st Jul 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still can't understand the logic behind this decesion, and Greg has shocked me by agreeing with it! Greg WTF?!
This type of stuff must happen all the time on a football pitch, certain players who are known to have short tempers and a reputation are targetted (Savage, Viera, Keane and yes Matterazzi and Zidane), this is done to provoke a reaction and get them booked/sent off - it's part of the game imo.
In this case Zidanne was outsmarted by Materazzi, which considering Materazzi is as thick as two short planks, I find quite funny.
The punishments however are far from funny and tbh if thie is the way the game is going (squeeky clean) then it's gonna get pretty boring pretty soon.
Fifa should be worrying more about the diving, the appealing for cards, the harrasment of ref's than what one player may or may not of said to someone in the middle of a game - played between adults let's not forget, and if Zidanne can't control his temper then why should Materazzi get punished for it?!
gianluigi

21st Jul 06 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said Julian
Jules

21st Jul 06 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thankyou Clive
abdus

21st Jul 06 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Materrazzi is ignorant

FIFA missed it on that one: 3 match ban to Zidane...it's a joke esp that they know the player has retired.

But again, as Greg stated:

'If someone said that to you on the football pitch would you just walk away and carry on playing?'

^^agree on that...after all, sport or not, it's human nature to react......
gianluigi

21st Jul 06 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Materrazzi is ignorant

FIFA missed it on that one: 3 match ban to Zidane...it's a joke esp that they know the player has retired.

'If someone said that to you on the football pitch would you just walk away and carry on playing?'

professional people paid thousends of pounds a week, and role models for young people, shouldnt react like that. dont care what anyone says its inexcusable.

id expect it on sunday mornings, but not at the higest level of football possible

[Edited on 21-07-2006 by gianluigi]
abdus

21st Jul 06 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, i still agree on that point...They SHOULD behave professionally for the money they get....

but sometimes, there is some unexpected reaction (my point of it being human nature)....
GREG 1

21st Jul 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed!

Thankyou abdus
Jules

21st Jul 06 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Materrazzi is ignorant

How is he ignorant?! He's just doing what is part and parcel of the modern game, when cricketers sledge each other to put them off are they ignorant aswell?
And yes, if something like that was said I'd do as any professional and role model should do in that situation - rise above it and let my game do the talking.
abdus

21st Jul 06 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules

How is he ignorant?! He's just doing what is part and parcel of the modern game, when cricketers sledge each other to put them off are they ignorant aswell?
And yes, if something like that was said I'd do as any professional and role model should do in that situation - rise above it and let my game do the talking.

well I just reported what Materrazzi himself said

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5168126.stm

quote:

But Materazzi added: "I am ignorant, I don't even know what ......................

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » zidane and materrazzi banned... 23 database queries in 0.1699660 seconds