corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Utd put themselves in more debt...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Utd put themselves in more debt...
J da Silva

User status: Offline
19th Jul 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
jizinho... i wont quote as it takes up shit loads of space BUT.... as ive said yes we already have crap players who were supposed to replace keane and failed .... yes?

so why buy another... just buy a real player like gattuso

Buy anyone who does it for a living, Costinha, Maniche, Diego, Gattuso, Pabloe Garcia( would do well in premiership). There is loads.
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Jul 06 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keanes biggest asset was his ability to fire the team around him up.

I never rated him as a player, but his ability to raise his sides game is un questionable
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok jizinho, there was no nastiness intended to anyone lol
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S

I never rated him as a player, but his ability to raise his sides game is un questionable

you didnt watch full games of man u though i take it buddy? every game ... match saving last ditch tackles were made by keane

[Edited on 19-07-2006 by Mike_Corsa]
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok jizinho, there was no nastiness intended to anyone lol

I meant in general, I remember the thread when you called Cosmo everything available to the english language, but that's a done deed..
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

you didnt watch full games of man u though i take it buddy? every game ... match saving last ditch tackles were made by keane

[Edited on 19-07-2006 by Mike_Corsa]

What about when he was injured, unavailable for selection by suspension?
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jizinho dont go quite so "quote happy" mate.... forget cosmo, we dont like each other end of lol. i may have gone too far sometimes, but i doubt very much i was in a sound frame of mind as i dont remember doing anything other than disagreeing. anyway forget about that.

as for keano.... everyone midefielder has injuries and suspensions... theyre at the heart of the action

im just saying gravesen would be a useless buy, he isnt any better than what we have. so we can stick with our poor players OR buy better ones... ie. gattuso, riquelme, senna
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So just say that then, leave your emotional baggage at the side of the pc instead of transmitting it through your keyboard, people will understand you better.
Last quote was a pisstake btw.

[Edited on 19-07-2006 by Jizinho Silva 10]
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god jizinho, you talk as if your the perfect person who does nothing worng and went to oxford or cambridge uni

i made no offensive comments in the thread, you took it out of proportion, you rated a crap player then claimed you didnt, therefore you also need to re think your approach aswell as me

pisstake all you want
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im off now...... up at 6 am have fun with the banter and making me out to be a nutter let loose on cs
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
god jizinho, you talk as if your the perfect person who does nothing worng and went to oxford or cambridge uni

i made no offensive comments in the thread, you took it out of proportion, you rated a crap player then claimed you didnt, therefore you also need to re think your approach aswell as me

pisstake all you want

No, I rated what I think is a good player, and then said I don't think he would fill Keane's boots, but that doesn't mean I think Gravesen is bad, I think he's an excellent midfielder, he is his own player, who plays his way, not Keano's.
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Jul 06 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
jizinho dont go quite so "quote happy" mate.... forget cosmo, we dont like each other end of lol. i may have gone too far sometimes, but i doubt very much i was in a sound frame of mind as i dont remember doing anything other than disagreeing. anyway forget about that.

as for keano.... everyone midefielder has injuries and suspensions... theyre at the heart of the action

im just saying gravesen would be a useless buy, he isnt any better than what we have. so we can stick with our poor players OR buy better ones... ie. gattuso, riquelme, senna

nah. lets not forget Cosmo.

Mike, you may not appreciate his comments being a ManU supporter, but he is one of the most balanced posters on this forum. Ive never read one of his posts as anti ManU, he's posting a comment generally.....the guy posted the same about leeds, and we all know where they went to

As for my comments on Keane? you've pretty much backed up my statement.....he fired up the team by getting involved and tackling back....and taking the pressure off the back 3/4/5

BTW Viera wont do that for you, he will be taking a siesta on the half way line
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im off now...... up at 6 am have fun with the banter and making me out to be a nutter let loose on cs

Your very paranoid Michael, deal with what I say, not what you think I think of you. I don't think I'm perfect I never once said I was.
Marc

19th Jul 06 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jimmys one of the few unbiased posters in this forum.

Mike, you shame me at times you really do
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

I may not always be right, but I say it how I see it, and if I'm wrong then fair play, I'll hold my hand up.
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Jul 06 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Im not sure what planet you have been living on in the last few months...but up until the notorious 'two Man U players' thing that went on in the world cup Mike was blinkered in the extreme about all things being rosy about manchester united...

Since then he's been a a little more open minded and gives a more unbiased input for it.

I quite enjoy responding to his posts now. It makes for good debate although I disagree with him most times
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree with him alot, maybe I'm incredibley stupid and don't realise it?
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Jul 06 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
I disagree with him alot, maybe I'm incredibley stupid and don't realise it?

Which one? mike or cosmo

Footie these days is blindingly complex in business terms..accountants running a team sport?

Cosmo and mike are batting for differnet teams but talking the same shit..personally im too tired to post anything more today
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike, Cosmo seems to take time and get's his facts sorted out, if them facts are wrong, it's the fault of whoever wrote them, not Cosmo, I'm tired too, so i'm off.
Cosmo

20th Jul 06 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow, am I glad I couldnt get to the computer last night

To be honest guys, its best to learn to ignore most of what Mike posts and if you have to reply just try to pick out the bits of facts he may post. Even still, be prepared for a load of abuse if you dont happen to agree with what he thinks.

An Mike...I dont 'not like you' as you posted up above. I dont agree with somethings you post, I might think you get offended by anything that may seem anti-Utd and go off on one, and I may think you just resort to posting abuse instead of entering into a debate with actual facts...but I dont not like you!

Jules + Jiz...thanks for seeing that Im not just posting things to attack Utd, atleast some people seem to!! And Jiz, I try to check everything I read (facts wise) against a few sources to avoid just posting crap, but I may sometimes get a few bad sources I guess!

[Edited on 20-07-2006 by Cosmo]
Cosmo

20th Jul 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The clever (or maybe not) thing is that by relieving himself of the debt, Glazer can (if he chooses to) spunk as much of the £230m he shelled out/borrowed to keep the club in players....if that makes business sense to him

Im not sure where your thinking this 230mil is now, in Glaziers or Utds pockets?

The money he personally borrowed and the money he borrowed against the club went to the shareholders who previously had the shares (300 or 320p a share, one of those), so he doesnt have any of that money available to himself.

quote:

I *think* I read somewhere that the assests of the club couldn't be set against the transferred debt.

Not anymore from what I have read. Yes at first part of the loan was set against the club (so the players + ground I expect being the most valuable assets) but I think through refinancing this isnt the case now. Im not sure if the other part of the loan (the 660mil debt is in two different loans) is still set against the club though.

And just for the record, I was never saying its as simple as they are 660mil in debt, if they dont pay they are going to be in trouble, as I know that isnt the case.

My main concern is this, and I'll make it simple for those with blinkered views...

Utd, as a club, are 660mil in debt. The yearly interest on this is 62mil, so in order for the club not to go further and further in debt (as this wont be allowed by its creditors who will want paying) they have to pay around this figure each year.

In past years (Im talking when they won the Prem, etc) the most profit they made was only ever around 20-30mil a year, which is extremely high for a football club, but still nowhere near enough to cover their current debts.

So my questions are...how do they intend to cover these payments with this level of money coming into the club? Are they banking on success to bring in the money + investors (i.e. doing a Leeds)? Do supporters really think they can go out and strengthen a whole squad as they need to, and still finance a move for the 25+ mil players of this world?
Conway563

20th Jul 06 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes jules we WERE the richest club in the world for many many years... way ahead infact..... but now due to the glazers as you say we are now lacking behind... but cosmo needs to remember ruud is going.. hence we could spend £25 on torres if we so desired

Shit for £25 I'll buy him for my pub team
Sooty
Banned

20th Jul 06 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo you DO realise funds are going to come from American based business's the Glazers are involved with don't you?
Hammer

20th Jul 06 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly think you are reading wayyyy too much into debt figures and profit and loss accounts etc... Cosmo.

The long and short of it is the manchester united brand is worth billions and billions of pounds and if such times came when a large franchise whom was owed was to come knocking for their money, Manchester United will ALWAYS be able to raise it hence meaning the debt is partially insignificant.
MR2Mike

20th Jul 06 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

marc... all you do is quote every single new story released on manutd.com ... you know nothing about football ... and this is clear as your absolutely over the moon that your going to watch us play in a friendly match. anyone who goes to many games, knows friendly matches are crap, and youll only see the proper players for 45 mins or so. if you want to watch the reserves.... you can go and do that for free.

quoting every story on manutd,com doesnt mean you have football knowledge. try coming up with your own opinion - regardless of whether people slate you for it. at least i have the balls to take the shit that comes my way

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Utd put themselves in more debt... 23 database queries in 0.0172040 seconds