corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Utd put themselves in more debt...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Utd put themselves in more debt...
Sooty
Banned

User status: Offline
19th Jul 06 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
Cosmo... not again please... c'mon really

I wasnt starting anything, I just posted up about something that is in the press at the moment.

I just cant see how you Utd fans arent worried about the debt your in and the repayments you have to make....unless you just dont understand it?

Im not worried in the slightest, ive being blown up way out of proportion
Marc

19th Jul 06 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who blew you up Rich?
Hammer

19th Jul 06 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i had 25-30 million to spend it would not be on Fernando Torres, who is not a top top name has done nothing at champions league level and has flattered to decieve for about 3 or 4 years now. In goalscoring terms him and Van Nistelrooy are worlds apart.

I have a funny feeling Viera is a distinct possibility however.
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think instead of buying 1 big money player, they'd be better buying 3/4 decent players at low cost, Thomas Gravesen would be the missing link they've lacked since Keano went.
Hammer

19th Jul 06 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whisper that, i want him at Paradise

Im highly doubtful we'll cough up 30k a week wages never mind the 40k+ he'll be earning just now however which is poor because the average age of our squad is far too young to do anything at champions league level
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
I think instead of buying 1 big money player, they'd be better buying 3/4 decent players at low cost, Thomas Gravesen would be the missing link they've lacked since Keano went.

you cant mention gravesen in the same breath as keane. please refrain from doing so, that is all
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Jul 06 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did some reading up about this earlier....as I'd always understood man U to be the richest club on the planet, always trading in profit. I simply couldn't understand how they managed to get £500m in debt.

From what I can see of it, its quite complicated and involves the Glazer takeover. Unbelievably (to me anyway) when an individual acquires 75% of the stock (by fair means or foul) they can transfer their debts onto the club.

So there you go....Glazer borrowed a shed load to buy the club, has tranfered that debt to the club, and the club is now liable for the debt. Hardly surprising the man U fans weren't/aren't happy

Every cloud has a silver lining though...it would appear that as part of the re-financing the new financiers can compulsory purchase Glazers shares if he defaults on the re negotiated payments

What a weird situation heh? I've gotta agree with Cosmo, in the short term it can't be good for the club IMO.

The club maybe in 'debt' but its an accounting excercise. If Glazer sells any shares (and this is my understanding of it) the monies have to be given back to the club to honour the debt....

High finance makes my head hurt......made interesting reading though
Marc

19th Jul 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When he bought 75% of the shares he had to make a take over bid.
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes jules we WERE the richest club in the world for many many years... way ahead infact..... but now due to the glazers as you say we are now lacking behind... but cosmo needs to remember ruud is going.. hence we could spend £25 on torres if we so desired
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Jul 06 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
When he bought 75% of the shares he had to make a take over bid.

Im not sure thats strictly true...when you own 75% you CAN make a takeover bid which allows you to pretty much run the club as you want.....and in united case this meant transfering his (glazers) debt to the club.

Mike,

From what i can see of it UTD are still the 'richest' club in terms of monitary value...£1.4bn is it?

however, at the moment its owned by Glazer and his financers, as opposed to lots of shareholders. Seems to me Glazer and the financers are using the 'business' as a cash cow...ie milking the fcuk out of it.

I wouldn't be happy if I were a fan i know that....and i'd be fairly certain that a % of any sale will be set against the debts
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with you jules just not cosmo........ im certainly not happy about the glazers owning the club, but im not going to stop watchin my team because of it
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Jul 06 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa
i agree with you jules just not cosmo........ im certainly not happy about the glazers owning the club, but im not going to stop watchin my team because of it

I didn't want to comment earlier until I'd read up on some facts mate

The clever (or maybe not) thing is that by relieving himself of the debt, Glazer can (if he chooses to) spunk as much of the £230m he shelled out/borrowed to keep the club in players....if that makes business sense to him

Its a very very clever business move by him. Im seriously impressed tbh.

You lot better keep your fingers crossed he wants to invest in players to maintain his asset (the club shares)

MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think he may wait for chelsea to die down, then do what they do and buy every competition going o/j god knows whats going on in his head... he may well ruin the club.... but things are hardly drastic financially... stadium just gets bigger and bigger, hence bigger gate receipts, shirts sales are always on the rise, merchandise at united always makes them a fortune...... its only the football side of things that MAY be in trouble imo.... Not down to the glazers but down to certain staff and players

[Edited on 19-07-2006 by Mike_Corsa]
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Jul 06 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I *think* I read somewhere that the assests of the club couldn't be set against the transferred debt.

Now my meagre understanding of that is that the club receipts (tickets shirts etc) get given to the club not its creditors.

If thats the case then this re financing simply allows the majority shareholder/club to pay the debt off at a more leisurely pace.

/shaking head.

Fooking complicated....certainly not as simple as Man U are £xyz in debt.

No offence Cosmo, I thought there was more to it than that
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, and at the end of the day all we hear really is paper talk. i doubt theres quite the crisis opposition fans are praying for

J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10

you cant mention gravesen in the same breath as keane. please refrain from doing so, that is all

I already have.
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate gravesen is totally average. keane was the best defensive midfielder of all time. please dont make me laugh with vieiras name in response.

J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
mate gravesen is totally average. keane was the best defensive midfielder of all time. please dont make me laugh with vieiras name in response.

Your replying to a totally different situation, I 'wrote' Gravesen's name in the same sentence as Roy Keane's. I 'wrote' it. It is there in writing above these replies for everyone to see. No-one mentioned them being in the same class, you just assumed that.
You can be alright but you come across nasty and flustered when someone doesn't share your opinion and start reading too deep into what I'm saying.

Roy Keane will not come out of retirement, so are they just going to have 10 players on the pitch instead of replacing him?

p.s. "please refrain from doing so" I shall do what I please and you my friend have no power over it.

[Edited on 19-07-2006 by Jizinho Silva 10]
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you said gravesen could replace keane which he cant. he already have useless reserves who can do it poorly, why buy gravesen ?

1 point won

i wasnt nasty at all..... dont take text so offensively matey, theres no need to

you not the kind of person id want to offend anyway lol...... certain others maybe, but hey, you cant get along with everyone

J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you said gravesen could replace keane which he cant. he already have useless reserves who can do it poorly, why buy gravesen ?

1 point won

i wasnt nasty at all..... dont take text so offensively matey, theres no need to

Your meaning of replacement obvisously isn't the same as mine, they don't have a holding midfielder, have you watched him for R Madrid this year? well obviously not unless your biased. This is how good your midfield is.....you had a striker in there (who ended up with his leg pinned unfortunately because it meant you had to create another out of position midfielder), whilst your best central midfield player was off with eye probs, you filled his slot with that gangly scots lad, Fletcher is it? you don't have a proven scrapper in there, you need one.

1-0?
I've just put a hat-trick in kid!!

[Edited on 19-07-2006 by Jizinho Silva 10]
Nath

19th Jul 06 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If theres any 1 person on CS who doesnt take text seriously its Mr Jizinho Silva.
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jizinho... i wont quote as it takes up shit loads of space BUT.... as ive said yes we already have crap players who were supposed to replace keane and failed .... yes?

so why buy another... just buy a real player like gattuso
J da Silva

19th Jul 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

If theres any 1 person on CS who doesnt take text seriously its Mr Jizinho Silva.

Too right Nath, I wasn't bothered about the comments, I just said it how I saw it, I didn't even mean Mike's nastiness is towards me, I was generalising.
MR2Mike

19th Jul 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nath he seemed to get offended over nothing really, thats all.... no pathetic type of banter needs to start as none was intended
Nath

19th Jul 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nath he seemed to get offended over nothing really, thats all.... no pathetic type of banter needs to start as none was intended

Indeedy, just saying thats all.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Utd put themselves in more debt... 23 database queries in 0.0167310 seconds