corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Your favorite Premiership season?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Your favorite Premiership season?
Cosmo

User status: Offline
18th Jul 06 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
Fact is being a pre-roman fan, it really pisses me off that im actually getting slated, because we are starting to win things? I no we spend big, but it aint my fault, and im hardly going to tell him to stop buying big players for big money.

As mentioned above, if I was a pre-roman fan of Chelsea I wouldnt be extremely happy (I would be happy) with winning the title. As you've only done so through unsporting ways (paying well over the odds for players, buying players so other teams cant when you dont need them, etc.) and IMO you've just made the League a bit of a joke in doing so.

quote:

Look at your lot in the 80's, look at arsenal when they went unbeaten and won the prem, look at Utd when they won everything every season.

Diff is none of those teams were bankrolled the way you are now. They all had competitors who were spending the same amount of money and had just as good a team because of it. The Leagues were contested between a number of teams then because of it.
Bram

18th Jul 06 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to be 98/99 when the mighty Rams finished 8th, beat Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield and 3-2 at Pride Park.

In fact all of Derby's premiership years, even when we scraped safety on the last day of the season with a 1-0 over Manure at Old Trafford.

Yooouuu Rams!!

We will be back!
p

18th Jul 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Fact is being a pre-roman fan, it really pisses me off that im actually getting slated, because we are starting to win things? I no we spend big, but it aint my fault, and im hardly going to tell him to stop buying big players for big money.

As mentioned above, if I was a pre-roman fan of Chelsea I wouldnt be extremely happy (I would be happy) with winning the title. As you've only done so through unsporting ways (paying well over the odds for players, buying players so other teams cant when you dont need them, etc.) and IMO you've just made the League a bit of a joke in doing so.

quote:

Look at your lot in the 80's, look at arsenal when they went unbeaten and won the prem, look at Utd when they won everything every season.

Diff is none of those teams were bankrolled the way you are now. They all had competitors who were spending the same amount of money and had just as good a team because of it. The Leagues were contested between a number of teams then because of it.

United 30 million Veron, 30 Million Ferdinand,28 Million Rooney, they still spent.
Marc

18th Jul 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't talk to me about Veron
Cosmo

18th Jul 06 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
United 30 million Veron, 30 Million Ferdinand,28 Million Rooney, they still spent.

They were never in the same season though, they never spent money anywhere near the likes of Chelsea...most of their squad was home grown whereas yours....well.
Marc

18th Jul 06 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chelsea and Arsenal are very similar in that respect, don't you think...
Cosmo

18th Jul 06 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Chelsea and Arsenal are very similar in that respect, don't you think...

In respect to not having their own home grown talent yes. But they have paid next to nothing for the majority of their title winning side so they are further from being the same as Chelsea than most clubs.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Your favorite Premiership season? 23 database queries in 0.0120142 seconds