corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help with rear cylinders!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with rear cylinders!
kezza

User status: Offline
   17th Jul 06 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when replacing my rear brake shoes i accidently let air into the cylinder, went to bleed the passenger side rear today and found that there was no bleed nipple it has been snapped off.
whats the best way to go about bleeding the system now?
or should i just buy a new rear cylinder and are they hard to replace?

Thanks
carnuts

17th Jul 06 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got to get a new cylinder mate cant rememeber how hard they are though lol
kezza

17th Jul 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i think i will just get a couple of new cylinders. when i come to bleeding the system will i have to do all the brakes or just the rear?
flash22

17th Jul 06 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i answered you post on the corsa b forums

corsa brakes are diagonaly split so idealy need to beed them all if you have abs you will need to get them bleed with the car pluged into actvate the abs pump to do em properly

[Edited on 17-07-2006 by flash22]
kezza

17th Jul 06 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers for your help i will try and do it but if i mess it up i will have to take it down the garage.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

17th Jul 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are easy to replace, if youcan do the rear shoes then you wont have a problem doing the cylingers. just spray the pipe unions and bolt that holds it into the backplate with wd40 the night before.

remove old one, fit new one. easy.

as for bleeding the brakes just ude a gunsons easibleed (£12 from halfords or machine mart) makes the job 10 times easier. no need for any active bleeding machines at all as the corsa abs system has permanently open valves so it can be bled the usual way.
kezza

18th Jul 06 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers for your help mate, thats a great help and i feel bit more confident about doing it now.
flash22

18th Jul 06 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave A.

It depnds on which abs pump it is on the car. the abs pump on my car has got an internal res in the pump so it needed the vavles acitvating to get all the air out the system to get the full pedal feel back

[Edited on 18-07-2006 by flash22]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Jul 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you pull the abs fuse out on that type of pump and then turn the ignition on then it will open the valves as a safety precaution

New Poll