corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear Brake Cylinders - easy to fit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear Brake Cylinders - easy to fit?
arf_SRi

User status: Offline
6th Apr 05 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i tried fitting 2.0 front brake setup earlier today and managed to do that ok, then tried bleeding the whole system in the order specified by haynes and have still got no pressure at all from the brake pedal....

phoned up a mobile mechanic who quoted me 140 to renew both brake cylinders, shoes for rear drums and bleed the system to sort it out...is fitting them hard? because i can get new ones for a tenner each or should i just pay the mechanic to sort all the hassle out?

soz for the essay!
Greasemonkey

6th Apr 05 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ya brakes will be fine ya jusr bleeding the system wrong or got an air leak, keep bleeding them, or just go get them professionally bled down ATS or summit, ya have to bleed the corsa system in diagonal circuits, get a bleed kit or a mate to help its much easier
arf_SRi

6th Apr 05 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer got a one way valve kit - must be bleeding it wrong.

could the cylinders be the air leak?
Greasemonkey

6th Apr 05 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not if there are no visable fluid leaks, just open the bleed nipples a little and nip them up quick before air can get back in, if you lift the brake pedal too fast it draws air back into the system, so push down fast and hold it and lift it back up slowly. Make sure the lid is off on the brake fluid resevoir and keep it at the max at all times, i have bled brakes loads of times and it still takes a couple of goes to get it right.
Normally takes 2 bottle of fluid and a good 25 pumps on the pedal on each nipple
Greasemonkey

6th Apr 05 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only thing i can think is if you pushed the caliper piston back into its bore without a bleed nipple open it reverses the thrust on the master cylinder and SOMETIMES damages the seals, ATS can also test ya master cylinder for you
DaXx

6th Apr 05 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I replaced my cylinders the other day and my shoes etc. works a treat now. cost less than £30 i think
arf_SRi

6th Apr 05 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the advice greasemonkey.

think i will replace the cylinders anyway as they were reported to have been leaking on the last service before i bought the car. cant go wrong for twenty quid and some brake fluid.

will have a go on friday. if not it will be down to ATS!!

New Poll