corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Revs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Revs?
Chris_87

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 06 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all.

I've got a problem with my 1.4 16v corsa engine, When I'm driving or just idling my car just revs to between 2/3 rpm and then sometimes it will drop back to normal then rev itself back up to 2/3rpm or it will just stay there constantly and sometimes when it does this the temp gauge goes up to three quarters ? I took the top of the water bottle off to check that and it was was boilin hot and bubbling ( tho it was hot today ).

Cheers Chris
Rob B

2nd Jul 06 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would be boiling hot anyway Chris if you had been driving around for a bit, well not boiling hot but certainly bubbling because of the pressure i think, the problem its self sounds like either the Idle control valve, or the throttle position sensor, there both on the throttle body part them selves its a pain to get too so i would replace them both at the same time, there not to expensive.

Any sign of the EML light ?
vaux-tech

3rd Jul 06 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ther a bastard!!!!
micky.allan

3rd Jul 06 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds to me like an air leak. i had the same prob on a 1.4 16v the little rubber pipe between the inlet manifold and the throtel bitterfly had 3 splits it it. changed that and it sorted it
mick
chrisarmes

3rd Jul 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine still revs up a bt like that 2! not got round 2 changing the ivc or tps yet. but i do remember the otha day i thought i heard an air leak on mine, so i will investigate!
Chris_87

3rd Jul 06 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right well I've checked that little pipe and was broke and I changed it but still no luck. Rewired what looked to be a loose sensor wire, still no luck. So i'm guessin it has to be the ICV.
micky.allan

3rd Jul 06 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would still advise cheaking for other air leaks.. as this costs nothing it mayby worth spraying wd40 around the inlet gaskit as this forms a tempory seal (for a few seconds) to show you where the fault is.
Chris_87

3rd Jul 06 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres the coolant temp sensor ? and i will try spraying it with wd40 tomorrow thanks micky does anyone know what the idle control valve looks like and where it is. As I couldn't find it at all today.

New Poll